Tips and Advice for Fire Emblem 7

Steven Tyler

Traveling with Roy and helping him fight and saving

Idoun's Soul

was fun and all, but I wanna know how all of the events happen in FE6 got started. So I borrowed a time machine from his army so I can met his father Eliwood!

So, what should I know about FE7? Is it great or overrated? Is it like FE6? Or completely different? How hard is the game? What general gameplay tips should I consider?

Also, should I play the American version or find a translated patch of the Japanese verison?

Edited by Steve_Wilkos

It's relatively easy, but Hector's Hard Mode is a step up from any other modes available in the game. A good challenge for even experienced players of Fire Emblem.

While it's not as hard as FE6 in general, the game is, in my opinion, far more enjoyable, and has much better replay value, with all the different modes and such.

It is as great as people say it is. The chapters are much more varied, and has more than just Sieze chapters.

If I had to pick between FE6 and FE7, I'd choose FE7 without a moment's thought.

I may able to help you if your going through rank-runs.

Use Priscilla. That is all.

Hmmmm...yeah. I have been doing a HHM playthrough and as much as I have to admit this Priscilla really helps me a lot. So maybe, forget about using Serra and use Priscilla for the whole play.

I may able to help you if your going through rank-runs.

Hmmmm...yeah. I have been doing a HHM playthrough and as much as I have to admit this Priscilla really helps me a lot. So maybe, forget about using Serra and use Priscilla for the whole play.

Using both of them >>> Using only one of them.

They're both that awesome B)

Tino ftw once again. Serra is AMAZING. I usually use Serra, Priscilla, Canas, and Nino as far as magic users go.

FE7 and 6 are over-rated because they're the ones people started with most likely. You always hold a place in your heart for your first. XD

And Dart is amazing if your not going for ranked. And though Lowen doesn't have super-special-awesome attack, he has the 3rd best defense in the game.

And Dart is amazing if your not going for ranked. And though Lowen doesn't have super-special-awesome attack, he has the 3rd best defense in the game.

Which doesn't matter in the least, Dart's skill is so broken making him unable to hit enemy units accurately. Chances are he could get skill screwed.

Which doesn't matter in the least, Dart's skill is so broken making him unable to hit enemy units accurately. Chances are he could get skill screwed.

Secret books. You get tons of them. Chances are nobody else is gonna need them, minus Bartre. Even if PEMN, I've never had a problem hitting with Dart. Luckless enemies ftlllllll

Maybe a slight bit overrated, but it certainly is a great game. Definitely not my favourite, even though it's my first FE.

Also, make your Lords 20/20. But that's just me and my Lord favouritism; I will go crazy if my Lords aren't 20/20 by Endgame.

As for units, Canas and Priscilla are amazing (IMO IMO IMO IMO). And if you like Cavaliers, I'd tell you to raise Sain since he's wtfawesome (not saying he's more awesome than the other Cavaliers though). Raven is also great, don't make the same mistake I did; use him. And Hector is great, make sure to level him properly. :D

DISCLAIMER: This post is all opinion and personal experience.

If you're playing Hector Normal, Eliwood Normal or Eliwood Hard, you can use pretty much anyone you like. Hector Hard requires a lot more thinking, though, since the enemies are quite strong.

Harken, Pent, and Geitz are all pretty good prepromotes. If you don't use Erk or Nino (She's terribly difficult to raise), use Pent. If you don't use Dorcas or Bartre, use Geitz. If you don't use Raven, use Harken.