Secret of Mana remake coming to PS4/Vita/Steam

Jedi

Never played Secret of Mana but now I'm into it.

My few concerns about the game.

Visually, its underwhelming. From the looks of it, the original had vibrant colors and smooth animations. While little is shown in this teaser, why do I get the feeling that the graphics are of that of a mobile game than that of...a console game?

My other concern is if they will be stupid to implement DRM? Reason for this is that if the game supports multiplayer, they might force us to go online inorder to do anything multiplayer related instead of supporting local multiplayer. Seeing as how this game is praised for its multiplayer, they might as well force us to play the game online if the player even wishes for a single play experience.

And why not? SEGA was pretty dumb to use Denuvo for Sonic Mania and this is hinting that Squeenix also might start doing this as well.

The final problem...will this really go smoothly? Let's be real here, SE is a mix bag in porting their games. Ports of Final Fantasy 3 and 4 are fine but somehow they made shitty ports of 5 and 6 because instead of porting the console versions of those games/remaking them, they ported the mobile versions instead which almost makes the games unplayable or that the games are just horrid.

So what does this have to do with this remake? Because it builds worry if this will end up being half baked and will pretty much do a day one patch instead.

I know this is SE we're talking about here and they probably will make sure this will be a good one to that..but again...anything can happen.

And for those who want a comparison..

Ok, I'll admit. Besides the differences in the color department, this is really a faithful remake overall. Bit odd that there's hardly any lip syncing during cutscenes but I think its doable.

The only problem I have with the remake is not the 3D graphic but the cheap 3D graphic. It does seem very cheap. I think I have played much more beautiful 3D games on 3DS. If this game goes for 15-20 bucks then it may be okay but anymore than that...nope.

Edited by Magical CC