English Website! (Sort of)

Anacybele

On 8/29/2017 at 2:54 PM, thecrimsonflash said:

It's not even that I've pulled him so many times, it's that for me he is useless, his hammer is incredibly situational, brash assault doesn't fit into any of my characters and his mustache bothers me.

Anyways back on topic, I have no clue how to feel about the website's current condition, I wonder what it says about NoA's confidence in this project, I understand issues being a thing but if I was to be overly cynical about it I would think that they just translated some lines from the japanese site and just threw it all together in a weekend. I mean we are less than two months from launch and we still don't have the full website. I wonder if someone forgot about it.

The Hyrule Warriors site was largely the same at first, honestly..it still has less info then the Japanese one.

Pretty nice so far. Pics and trailers are there. I still crack up over Xander's delivery of "We must trust each other!".

One curious thing to note:

Players: Nintendo 3DS: 1 player; Nintendo Switch 1-2 players*

*Additional controllers may be required for multiplayer mode. Sold separately

I'm very happy that single-system multiplayer (and potentially co-op) is 100% confirmed. But would we actually need a Pro Controller/a second pair of Joy Cons, or can we just split one pair of Joy Cons? I would presume the latter is possible since the Wii U version of Hyrule Warriors could be played with the Wii Remote + Nunchuck, and a single Joy Con could more or less be considered a hybrid of the two. And if it's not possible, then shouldn't it say that "Addional controllers are required"? Guess Nintendo was always funny with how they phrase things.

10 minutes ago, Baron the Shining Blade said:

I'm very happy that single-system multiplayer (and potentially co-op) is 100% confirmed. But would we actually need a Pro Controller/a second pair of Joy Cons, or can we just split one pair of Joy Cons? I would presume the latter is possible since the Wii U version of Hyrule Warriors could be played with the Wii Remote + Nunchuck, and a single Joy Con could more or less be considered a hybrid of the two. And if it's not possible, then shouldn't it say that "Addional controllers are required"? Guess Nintendo was always funny with how they phrase things.

I think they confirmed offline co-op for Switch some time ago.

Chances are two Joy Cons or a Pro Controller will be required. Even Wiimote/Nunchuk (4 face, 3 shoulder,  + & -, 1 Dpad, 1 control stick) has more buttons then a single Joy Con has (which is 4 face, two shoulders, + or -, 1 control stick).

They always use the word 'may' for some reason.

Ok, so thinking about the Idea of playing with a single joycon I have looked into it (conceptually speaking of course[this is supposed to work, whether or not it sucks as a control scheme is irrelevant]).

swing the joycon to perform regular attacks

b to perform combos

a to perform musous (I always called them specials or A attacks because that's what you presses)

x to use that one alternate attack that every character uses

y to dodge

r/l to guard and reorient the camera behind you

zr/zl to do the focus spirit equivalent 

lock on by pressing down the control stick

and the s buttons could be used for items or whatever else we need

do keep in mind that I am going off hyrule warriors' control scheme so I may have missed something, so if anyone has anything they know that I don't about FEW mechanics I could adjust to fit it in.

Edit: you were so obsessed with if you could do it, that you never stopped to ask if you should do it.

Edited by thecrimsonflash
jurassic park reference couldn't resist. :p