42 members have voted

1. 1. who is the best by far?

• Seth
    • Franz
    • Forde
    • Kyle
    • Amelia
    • Orson (CC only)

WAITWAITWAITWAITWAIT! Because he has a level LEAD, you think he's worse?

I never said a level lead was bad. It's just that I find Seth's a bit...much. Of course, this is my opinion, and there are many reasons for using Seth anyway.

And Orson was incredibly meh. Left him in the corner during 5x. Never bothered to use him come CC.

And, on the concept of killing bosses, I find that using a lot of weaker units against a boss is far more beneficial than 2HKOing it with Seth.

Neimi Hits -> Franz Hits -> Colm Hits -> Moulder/Natasha heals -> Seth rescues Colm -> Vanessa Hits (Boss death).

Is far more beneficial to the team than:

Seth Hits (Boss death)

Naturally, this example is extremely early-game.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since when did speed matter in this game?

If speed doesn't matter, then nothing does. Feel free to take your time killing things one by one with clanky Gilliam. Feel free to boss abuse Ewan until he's 10/20/20. etc

If you're better than others at combat, you usually do something faster than others do. That's what makes one unit better than another.

Orson is your best unit for one chapter. Like Athos. Hmmmmm.

And, on the concept of killing bosses, I find that using a lot of weaker units against a boss is far more beneficial than 2HKOing it with Seth.

Neimi Hits -> Franz Hits -> Colm Hits -> Moulder/Natasha heals -> Seth rescues Colm -> Vanessa Hits (Boss death).

Is far more beneficial to the team than:

Seth Hits (Boss death)

If the player chooses to not use Seth since others have more urgency improving through EXP, point for him, since he didn't take EXP at all.

If speed doesn't matter, then nothing does. Feel free to take your time killing things one by one with clanky Gilliam. Feel free to boss abuse Ewan until he's 10/20/20. etc

If you're better than others at combat, you usually do something faster than others do. That's what makes one unit better than another.

Orson is your best unit for one chapter. Like Athos. Hmmmmm.

What I meant is that there are no ranks/BEXP, etc. so how fast you beat a map means nothing in this game. This doesn't make Seth any less efficient. It just means that the argument of clearing a map faster because Seth can kill a boss doesn't mean anything. It's better to have someone who needs that experience kill him, like Eirika.

What I meant is that there are no ranks/BEXP, etc. so how fast you beat a map means nothing in this game. This doesn't make Seth any less efficient. It just means that the argument of clearing a map faster because Seth can kill a boss doesn't mean anything. It's better to have someone who needs that experience kill him, like Eirika.
If the player chooses to not use Seth since others have more urgency improving through EXP, point for him, since he didn't take EXP at all.

<_<

Perhaps you missed the initial point I made. I replied to Revan saying that Seth could kill early bosses quickly. Does this matter at all?

Seth one-rounds every boss until either Murray or Tirado. The closest character would be Eirika, but she's frail. Being the best at defeating enemies makes him better. Common sense? :o

Seth one-rounds every boss until either Murray or Tirado. The closest character would be Eirika, but she's frail. Being the best at defeating enemies makes him better. Common sense? :o

*facepalm*

You totally missed my point.

Does this matter at all?

Yes, it does. Killing a boss in one round and one turn >>> killing a boss in three rounds and possibly two turns, obviously.

Yes, it does. Killing a boss in one round and one turn >>> killing a boss in three rounds and possibly two turns, obviously.

My point is that beating the chapter in fewer turns means nothing in this game. That obviously means that is a better character if they can do that, but that doesn't give you any reason to actually do it since speed doesn't matter in this game.

Red Fox of Fire, I'm in no way of trying to piss you off or anything but provoking Mekkah is not a very wise idea. He is a hardcore debater and knows a lot.

I don't care how "hardcore" of a debater he is. Hell, I'm not trying to debate anything! I think Seth is the best one up there.

My point is that beating the chapter in fewer turns means nothing in this game. That obviously means that is a better character if they can do that, but that doesn't give you any reason to actually do it since speed doesn't matter in this game.

Because it saves weapon uses and increases efficiency? :o

Edited by Swordsalmon

Running 100m in 10 seconds >> running it in 30. Basically, because they need to kill things, killing things faster is better. Just because. And also because it makes everything more efficient. If you need other things done, the boss is already dead, and you don't have to worry about it, etc.

Plus, I feel like a dirty cheater if I take any longer than necessary on a chapter. :P

Running 100m in 10 seconds >> running it in 30. Basically, because they need to kill things, killing things faster is better. Just because. And also because it makes everything more efficient. If you need other things done, the boss is already dead, and you don't have to worry about it, etc.

Plus, I feel like a dirty cheater if I take any longer than necessary on a chapter. :P

*epic facepalm*

Are we going for records here? Is there a reward for beating the chapter in as few turns as possible?

Rankings don't exist in this game. :mellow:

We know. Try rereading a bit more closely. :P He was making a comparison.

And that wasn't my point, that there was a reward. Simple fact is that in this game KILLING ENEMIES FASTER IS BETTER. Do you want me to list every possible reason? There are a lot, but I'll start.

-A dead enemy is not a threat. A live enemy is. Killing an enemy in 1 turn means they are a threat for less time.

-Some chapters have a time limit.

-Aforementioned less wear on weapons.

-Frees up other characters to do other things, as well as the unit itself on subsequent turns (a unit that doesn't one round will either need to take another round, or will need another unit to help it finish off the original)

How about we do this a different way? You have FEDS? Try playing HM5. Then tell me that having a unit that can one round enemies wouldn't be handy.

This argument really is meaningless. I'm not trying to say Seth is bad. You mentioned that he can kill early bosses fast so you can beat the map fast, when beating a map fast doesn't matter. That is all. Get my point?

This argument really is meaningless. I'm not trying to say Seth is bad. You mentioned that he can kill early bosses fast so you can beat the map fast, when beating a map fast doesn't matter. That is all. Get my point?

Well, I'm a busy man. I can't afford to spend all day chinking away a boss. I have to go do some big important things. Time is money. Therefore, Seth makes me money. Therefore, he is awesome. Therefore, YOUR ARGUMENT IS NULL!

Well, I'm a busy man. I can't afford to spend all day chinking away a boss. I have to go do some big important things. Time is money. Therefore, Seth makes me money. Therefore, he is awesome. Therefore, YOUR ARGUMENT IS NULL!

Suspend feature is your friend. And I wasn't trying to make any argument against Seth.

Suspend feature is your friend. And I wasn't trying to make any argument against Seth.

That Suspend girl's face makes me fly into a terrible rage. I can't use the Suspend feature unless I have an herbal bath, 4 gallons of tea and a fully stocked apothecary on hand. That takes time.

That Suspend girl's face makes me fly into a terrible rage. I can't use the Suspend feature unless I have an herbal bath, 4 gallons of tea and a fully stocked apothecary on hand. That takes time.

You do know you can just shut the game off at any given time and it suspends it, right?

You do know you can just shut the game off at any given time and it suspends it, right?

It just so happens that I accidentally made it so that my game cartridge releases a potent knockout gas when it's shut off mid game while I was trying to fix it. My bad.