Has anyone used Karel in this game?

I usually just use him for the chapter you get him, but it's still considered using him. Those super high growths don't really mean much. Only if there was a Juna Fruit in this game. (it's an item that lowers your level 3 levels without stat loss. it's an item you can get in Sacred Stones using an Action Replay)

I usually recruit him for giggles (even field a L1 Fir to do it), but that's it. I prefer to handle his joining chapter with my own units, and the Mamkute feast has vey limited unit selection. I'd rather use Durandal on Alan/Lance/Percival/Rutger/Dieck since they've been with me for all game. Would be rather anticlimatic for them to sit the final out.

I used Karel a little bit in the chapter he joins in and that's it. He's a completely redundant character. You'd have to be in a very dire situation to actually need him.

• 1 month later...
I actually use him, just because characters like Athos and FE6 Karel are awesome. What's the name of that archetype? I know there is one...

Most people refer to it as the "Gato archetype", even though Athos is the only one who shares any meaningful similarities with Gato. Some even split it up and say that physical types belong to the "Galzus archetype".

Personally, I call them "powerful latecomers who exist so you can beat the game even if you got crap characters". =/

But...but...he's the sword saint!

I actually use him, just because characters like Athos and FE6 Karel are awesome. What's the name of that archetype? I know there is one...

Could it be Gato (soon to be Gotoh, apparently)?

You could always consider Sety. He actually has the right class more or less.

He doesn't incredibly late since it's on the 3rd of the 6 chapters in the end 2 Gen. The main attributes to fall in the Gato/Gotoh archetype is that you must be a unit that comes on the last (or really close to the last) chapter (Gato, Nagi, Athos, the 3 ubers in FE9). The 2nd attribute being that you must be a really good unit if you happen to come before the last chapter (FE6 Karel, Galzus, Laguz Royals in FE10).

If I were to count Sety as a Gato archetype, I'd be able to count Lugh as one too.

Edited by Boo

I'm pretty sure he was referring to FE5 Sety. >_>

I still maintain that they aren't "Gato characters" so much as they are powerful latecomers.

If it's FE5 Sety then yes, he's pretty right on that. I think I'll just keep Galzus as the only Gato archetype character on that list though >_>

Edited by Boo