The Artemis Curse

Big Klingy

I just realised something...

After defeating Camus in FE1/3/DS, Nina mentions something I'm going to call the Artemis Curse. (it's elaborated on more in FEDS[?]) Basically, anyone with a strong connection to the Fire Emblem may be affected by its curse, usually resulting in the loss of a loved one. In FE1/3/DS, Nina says she was affected by it, but Marth dosn't seem to be, although Anri, the original hero, was. (because of FE3 book 2's existance I assume it's canon that all characters survive i.e. Sheeda dosn't die)

While originally a plot device of FE1 I have found possible references to it in other games of the series.

Note that these are all just subtle references at most, NOT the same curse.

FE4: While the Fire Emblem itself dosn't play a role in the story, Sigurd has his lover taken from him and both are later killed

FE7: The Fire Emblem dosn't play a significant role, but Ninian's death scene closely mirrors the supposed effects of the curse.

FE8: Lyon (who is in love with Erika, the main character) loses himself to the Dark Stone (this game's incarnation of the Fire Emblem)

FE9: Greil goes bezerk and kills his wife, due to the effects of the Fire Emblem.

Anyone have any more potential references?

Edited by Big Klingy

FE4: While the Fire Emblem itself dosn't play a role in the story, Sigurd has his lover taken from him and both are later killed

The "Fire Emblem" in that game is the "Seal of Veltom" or whatever the hell Alvis's nation is called. If you think about it, it has a bit of a curse as well.

Diadora being killed

Azel's death

Arthur and Tinny being tortured (remember, canon-wise, they're the children of Azel)

Julia losing some of her memory

Julius becoming a vessel for the most demonic dragon of the series.

Yeah, anyone who's of Veltom's royalty is pretty much cursed.