FE Warriors villains could be (hopefully free) DLC?

RotomGuy

10 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Watch Grima just show up at the end, kill the OC and fight you.

we all know that if grima is showing up it is the other way around, he already died once so it would make no sense for an already proven to be beatable monster to be offing an as of yet untested boss. i'd be like if in awakening walhart killed validar and was like "surprise, I was pulling the strings the whole time"

Crap, I just fixed awakenings endgame.

1 minute ago, Emperor Hardin said:

How would that even work outside of a 

Reveal hidden contents

another moveset for Robin that summoned a spectral Grima head?

I mean at least Medeus can be played with in Manakete form.

More or less your explanation is how I envision it, but for a more detailed explanation...

Spoiler

Grima uses the Avatar (Robin) as a vessel, so the models are already there. All that is left is the moveset and the animations.

Normal Attacks - General dark magic, nothing really special here. Alternatively, normals may even be the same as the default Robins.
Charged Attacks - Channels the power of Grima itself. Grima (the dragon) will likely serve as a spectral avatar when doing these attacks. Examples include Dark Spikes or its Expiration attack.

Musuo Attack (Warrior Specials) - Warriors may create a new "super attack" for Grima, use Dark Spikes, or perhaps make Dark Spikes even more over-the-top.
Ultimate Musou (Awakening?) - The dragon form of Grima appears to deliver a devastating series of attacks before flying off.

For the Hyrule Warriors Ganondorf comparison...

Ganondorf
- Mostly uses swords for normal attacks.
- Channels dark energy for most of the charged attacks.
- Uses lightning for his special attack.
- Channels more dark energy for his focus spirit attack.

Grima
- Mostly uses magic for normal attacks.
- Channels (spectral) Grima for most of the charged attacks.
- Unleashes a powered up version of "Dark Spikes" for the special attack.
- Properly calls in Grima (the dragon) proper to annihilate enemies before flying off for the Awakening attack.

I'll admit, it is not the most thought out explanation, but I'm honestly just here for the "rule of cool" and not necessarily how practical it is.

3 minutes ago, Sire said:

More or less your explanation is how I envision it, but for a more detailed explanation...

Hide contents

Grima uses the Avatar (Robin) as a vessel, so the models are already there. All that is left is the moveset and the animations.

Normal Attacks - General dark magic, nothing really special here. Alternatively, normals may even be the same as the default Robins.
Charged Attacks - Channels the power of Grima itself. Grima (the dragon) will likely serve as a spectral avatar when doing these attacks. Examples include Dark Spikes or its Expiration attack.

Musuo Attack (Warrior Specials) - Warriors may create a new "super attack" for Grima, use Dark Spikes, or perhaps make Dark Spikes even more over-the-top.
Ultimate Musou (Awakening?) - The dragon form of Grima appears to deliver a devastating series of attacks before flying off.

Ganondorf

Grima
- Properly calls in Grima (the dragon) proper to annihilate enemies before flying off for the Awakening attack.

I'll admit, it is not the most thought out explanation, but I'm honestly just here for the "rule of cool" and not necessarily how practical it is.

Some story mumbo jumbo.

Spoiler

The reason the Grima possessed Robin in the main game could have a dragon Grima with him was because it was the Grima of two different tiemlines of which didn't get to possess Robin. The one in Future past just uses a spectral version of Grima's head to attack.

2 minutes ago, Sire said:

Reveal hidden contents

Ganondorf

Grima

I just feel like making grima operate more like a dragonstone user would make plenty of sense, he doesn't need his vessel to be present at all times especially after naga said he has a weak spot on the nape of his neck does make you wonder of his vessel was even supposed to be in the endgame at all. 

Spoiler

not to mention that with his appearance in SoV he didn't even have a vessel at all.

20 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

I just feel like making grima operate more like a dragonstone user would make plenty of sense, he doesn't need his vessel to be present at all times especially after naga said he has a weak spot on the nape of his neck does make you wonder of his vessel was even supposed to be in the endgame at all. 

Reveal hidden contents

not to mention that with his appearance in SoV he didn't even have a vessel at all.

True, but the problem is they never designed one for him unlike Medeus.

30 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Some story mumbo jumbo.

Hide contents

The reason the Grima possessed Robin in the main game could have a dragon Grima with him was because it was the Grima of two different timelines of which didn't get to possess Robin. The one in Future past just uses a spectral version of Grima's head to attack.

So if I'm understanding this right...

Spoiler

Robin (The Avatar)
Grima (Future Evil Avatar)
D!Grima (Dragon Grima, "Present Timeline Grima")
FP!Grima (DLC Grima)
- - - - -
0. Grima is successful at possessing "Alternative Future" Robin, causing that timeline's downfall. Lucina goes back in time to interfere with Grima's resurrection, so Grima follows suit in its vessel.

1. Grima tries to posses the "present timeline" Robin, but it fails. This causes Grima to lose more power and causes Robin's amnesia.

2. Later, Robin denies his destiny, causing Grima to perform the Awakening himself (since the "present timeline" Robin resists possession). This creates the revival of D!Grima, which is the dragon itself. So, there are two "Grimas," the Grima from the future possessing a vessel Grima, and the present timeline D!Grima who has its full dragon body.

3. In the DLC, there is only one Grima, and that FP!Grima has control of the Avatar. It summons a spectral version of itself to attack.
- - - - -
I suppose Points 2 and 3 may be problematic in terms of storyline for my potential moveset. Thing is, I think it can still work out.

Robin in Warriors does not need to be possessed by Grima, I am perfectly fine with Grima having its own "alternative future" Avatar to play with. Even if Grima has his true dragon form active, he can still use a vessel for various purposes (such as being in two places at once). The vessel then can call upon his true form to deliver attacks as needed.

Alternatively, make everything a spectral thing and call it a day. Like I said, I didn't think about the idea that in-depth. I just wanted to play a Robin that was possessed by Grima that has a Ganondorf-style moveset.

Medeus could work perfectly as well as Manakete, since I remember he has a humanoid form when I played Shadow Dragon. Seeing him as a playable villain would be interesting to see.

26 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

Reveal hidden contents

Thing is, Grima "proper" is straight up a dragon, so I do not think a dragonstone would work for Grima. It does have the power to possess people and I have an interest in playing as its vessel, more so than playing Dragon Grima itself.

If only the draconic form of Grima made it into the game, it would take the form of a stage (please let it be a stage), or a boss battle against a smaller version of it. This is why I think the vessel is needed to give it a human representative in the cast.

Edited by Sire

3 minutes ago, Sire said:

So if I'm understanding this right...

Hide contents

Robin (The Avatar)
Grima (Future Evil Avatar)
D!Grima (Dragon Grima, "Present Timeline Grima")
FP!Grima (DLC Grima)
- - - - -
0. Grima is successful at possessing "Alternative Future" Robin, causing that timeline's downfall. Lucina goes back in time to interfere with Grima's resurrection, so Grima follows suit in its vessel.

1. Grima tries to posses the "present timeline" Robin, but it fails. This causes Grima to lose more power and causes Robin's amnesia.

2. Later, Robin denies his destiny, causing Grima to perform the Awakening himself (since the "present timeline" Robin resists possession). This creates the revival of D!Grima, which is the dragon itself. So, there are two "Grimas," the Grima from the future possessing a vessel Grima, and the present timeline D!Grima who has its full dragon body.

3. In the DLC, there is only one Grima, and that FP!Grima has control of the Avatar. It summons a spectral version of itself to attack.
- - - - -
I suppose Points 2 and 3 may be problematic in terms of storyline for my potential moveset. Thing is, I think it can still work out.

Robin in Warriors does not need to be possessed by Grima, I am perfectly fine with Grima having its own "alternative future" Avatar to play with. Even if Grima has his true dragon form active, he can still use a vessel for various purposes (such as being in two places at once). The vessel then can call upon his true form to deliver attacks as needed.

Alternatively, make everything a spectral thing and call it a day. Like I said, I didn't think about the idea that in-depth. I just wanted to play a Robin that was possessed by Grima that has a Ganondorf-style moveset.

Medeus could work perfectly as well as Manakete, since I remember he has a humanoid form when I played Shadow Dragon. Seeing him as a playable villain would be interesting to see.

Thing is, Grima "proper" is straight up a dragon, so I do not think a dragonstone would work for Grima. It does have the power to possess people and I have an interest in playing as its vessel, more so than playing Dragon Grima itself.

If only the draconic form of Grima made it into the game, it would take the form of a stage (please let it be a stage), or a boss battle against a smaller version of it. This is why I think the vessel is needed to give it a human representative in the cast.

Spoiler

Basically, yes that is it.

FEMN_Medeus_01.png

Medeus is a Manakete, yes. He's also bulky with extendable claws even in Manakete form.

Well all Dragons can become Manaketes, though a Manakete form would have to be designed.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

9 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Basically, yes that is it.

FEMN_Medeus_01.png

Medeus is a Manakete, yes. He's also bulky with extendable claws even in Manakete form.

Well all Dragons can become Manaketes, though a Manakete form would have to be designed.

personally I would prefer medeus to grima anyways, would better contrast to tiki and be a refreshingly odd edition.

we aren't getting medeus

9 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

we aren't getting medeus

Racism!

Playable Medeus would be cool since he was the original evil dragon. And it wouldn't be all bad, since he turned on humanity only after they attacked his people. Although Medeus has never been portrayed super sympathetically, he is a tragic figure in principle.

I'd say make his Earth Dragon form his base moveset, with Awakening upgrading him to Shadow Dragon form for double dragony goodness.

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Racism!

Playable Medeus would be cool since he was the original evil dragon. And it wouldn't be all bad, since he turned on humanity only after they attacked his people. Although Medeus has never been portrayed super sympathetically, he is a tragic figure in principle.

I'd say make his Earth Dragon form his base moveset, with Awakening upgrading him to Shadow Dragon form for double dragony goodness.

I like the way you think.