Ripping sprites

Metal Rabbit

If you're able to reconstruct sprites, you can obtain directly them from Tile Editing programs (eg. TileLayer Pro) or UNLZ-GBA. Bearing in mind that you'll have to define a sprite palette yourself.

However I think it's far too complicated compared to simply ripping with an emulator. You might want to try this method to get unused graphics though.

Edited by VincentASM

Play the rom of it and hit prnt-scrn when you see the sprite. Make sure the screen is normal size.

Or you could go through all the files and find the files of the sprites.

That's what I've been doing. I think I miss some frames because of the emulator, so I wanted to know if ripping sprites was more worth it.

If you're able to reconstruct sprites, you can obtain directly them from Tile Editing programs (eg. TileLayer Pro) or UNLZ-GBA. Bearing in mind that you'll have to define a sprite palette yourself.

However I think it's far too complicated compared to simply ripping with an emulator. You might want to try this method to get unused graphics though.

I don't much care about unused graphics, as the only sprites I want are the ones I actually know about. Thanks for replying.

Ack... no, I've been using VBA and slowing the frame speed down to about 10% so I can take long animations better. My problem is sometimes the command to take a screenchot doesn't register (because I assume the emulator is slowed down).

Like that sleep kirby animation I did, I'm positive I missed something.

While I don't know the whole story, Arch seems slightly. . . adverse, I guess you could say, to actually adding sprites. I'm sure he could do it, but he wasn't going to do the bow knight. And then Ace went and did it without too much trouble.

Hopefully his eye will catch this topic to provide a better explanation. Perhaps it would be truly worthless.

I figured it would be difficult and not worthwhile, but at the same time, the same person who is doing an FE4 reamke which has number of classes that. . . Didn't really exist after FE5.

I mostly wonder what he has concluded on the issue in general.

Edited by bunny