Best overall unit?

Mekkah

So are you saying joining time can ruin a unit? Nino joins very late but she is a great unit.

She's far from great. Statistically, she's better than Erk or Pent, but because of her severe underleveledness (and fail HP, Defense, and weight), that doesn't matter.

Edited by Black Luster Soldier

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So are you saying joining time can ruin a unit? Nino joins very late but she is a great unit.

Yes, joining time can cripple a unit. If Nino joined at Ch12, she would be amazing, but she joins much much later, so she sucks. She stays inferior to the rest of your army for way too long, unless she's given an extreme amount of favoritism, which can be done to anyone, etc.

Unless you're trying to suggest that Noah or Fir is the best unit in the game, there's nothing relevant about them in this thread. And they clearly aren't the best units, not even within their classes, let alone overall.

Unless you're trying to suggest that Noah or Fir is the best unit in the game, there's nothing relevant about them in this thread. And they clearly aren't the best units, not even within their classes, let alone overall.

Agreed. Noah and Fir are clearly not the best unit.

Yes, joining time can cripple a unit. If Nino joined at Ch12, she would be amazing, but she joins much much later, so she sucks. She stays inferior to the rest of your army for way too long, unless she's given an extreme amount of favoritism, which can be done to anyone, etc.

If you get 26x she can really level up there. I normally get her tp 20/2 in one chapter.

I see so the backing thing only applies to me.

I am not suggesting noah is.

Everyone has to back up their arguments.

Fir is one of the top units in the game though. The only thing I think she lacks is offense.

As long as you lack either offense or defense, you're pretty much auto-DQed from being the best unit in the game. Not that "offense" in general is Fir's problem. It's her defense against anything not an axe until (if) she gets full Avo from supports.

• 4 weeks later...
Ignoring the massive favoritism at work here, why don't you go start on Nino debate on the proper subforum?

Exactly.

Also, Fir won't get a Hero's Crest until very late because you'll obviously be promoting Dieck and Rutger before Fir without massive favoritism towards Fir.

What is so good about lance?

he a simple paladin with bad caps.

he is not far off from alan and has similar supports.

Lance is part of one of if not the best support triangle in the game. His speed is higher than Alan's, meaning he doubles more often which makes his offense better. Alan's strength does give him an edge against enemies that both can double and a small advantage against enemies that neither can double.

Lance's speed is only 5% growth better plus a small starting lead. By promotion or just after, their speed maxes at or comes close (20) not 25

assuming 20/1.

According to FEA AVERAGES, lance has a 3 speed advantage.

lance has a small skill advantage as well.

However, Alan has hp, str, luck, def.

Alan is still at a small disadvantage, but does that really make Lance FAR superior. It is a slight lead, not a complete better unit lead.

Edited by The Gambit

Lance's speed is only 5% growth better plus a small starting lead. By promotion or just after, their speed maxes at or comes close (20) not 25

assuming 20/1.

According to FEA AVERAGES, lance has a 3 speed advantage.

lance has a small skill advantage as well.

However, Alan has hp, str, luck, def.

Alan is still at a small disadvantage, but does that really make Lance FAR superior. It is a slight lead, not a complete better unit lead.

Lance's win over Alan is generally (in my understanding) not considered very big, and mostly due to the earlygame where Lance's starting speed and skill advantage are very helpful. Later on they're both doing amazing so the small leads that either have over each other are not considered quite as important.

Also, Paladin caps dont matter when hardly anyone ever approaches caps anyway.

And I can assume you do not care about unranked?

No, but you can assume I probably won't use a character in one class if there's already another character in that class thats usable without babying. Time's a huge factor for me.