Valkyrie Profile: The accused one

Rei

I didn't know that the game had come out. I've quite enjoyed the earlier Valkyrie Profile games, I'll order this one as soon as I can. How does the battle system compare to its predecessors?

I agree, I see nothing wrong with the fan base expanding. I should play Star Ocean some time.

I'm sure how I feel about the addition of the Final Fantasy Tactics~esque movement system, but it looks like the conventional battle system persists. Is there any exploration in the game or does it primarily involve fighting on square maps?

I agree, I see nothing wrong with the fan base expanding. I should play Star Ocean some time.

I'm sure how I feel about the addition of the Final Fantasy Tactics~esque movement system, but it looks like the conventional battle system persists. Is there any exploration in the game or does it primarily involve fighting on square maps?

I'm not far, but it's primarily fighting on square maps. Though it seems that there are different routes you can take

Okay, I have one more question if that's alright. Are there stores between each map or do you obtain items by other means?

You obtain items with stores or after battles.

I recorded a bit on my camera (it's gonna be blurry but you can still make it out), I'm currently uploading it to youtube. I'll post a link when done.

I feel dumb and I whiffed an attack with someone I haven't used before lol. But yeah, the game is fun.

edit: here is the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MD0PryEPwu4

Edited by Rei

Wow, it is blurry, but enough can be made out as you said. Thanks for uploading the video, it gives a more solid impression of how the game plays than the single battle shown in the previous video.

I should finish Lenneth sometime soon....

• 2 weeks later...
It's out in Japan as one of the release titles for the Nintendo DSi. Anyone get this yet? I've started playing and it's pretty damn fun.

I am damn sure to get it. I love the VP games!!!^^

You will eventually get it. I thought the games were tough as well when I started, but then I learned and now I school monsters. ^^

Well I can read quite a lot of it and I've gotten just about every skill you can buy so far in the game, but there are times when it only takes 2 enemy initiated attacks to kill off a character -_-;... I don't always like using up my revive items.

Well I can read quite a lot of it and I've gotten just about every skill you can buy so far in the game, but there are times when it only takes 2 enemy initiated attacks to kill off a character -_-;... I don't always like using up my revive items.

Lol. Who does? XD I know I dont.

Lol. Who does? XD I know I dont.

3 of my characters do, in the current mission I'm in. Everyone but Wilfred. I have also used my stat increasing items as well to try to even out HPs and the such. It sucks when you're surrounded and they have multiple bowmen and mages nearby while trying to double the final karma in the end for more bonuses.

Edited by Rei

3 of my characters do, in the current mission I'm in. Everyone but Wilfred. I have also used my stat increasing items as well to try to even out HPs and the such. It sucks when you're surrounded and they have multiple bowmen and mages nearby while trying to double the final karma in the end for more bonuses.

Yes, I know what you mean. Its frustrating to see your characters ganged up. ^^