Why is this game so easy?

Not underleveled, but under... "grown". For instance, a Level 10 unpromoted enemy's stats are equivalent to them being Level ~6. Meanwhile, most promoted enemies are even worse than their unpromoted counterparts (eg. comparing a Level ~1 promoted to a Level ~10 unpromoted, although I'm guessing slightly here).

EDIT

Enemies in this game are stronger than the FE7 enemies, actually

How? o__o

Edited by VincentASM

Enemies in this game are stronger than the FE7 enemies, actually -_-

It's just that almost all playable characters are pretty uber.

Wow really 0__o

In what way?

The enemies in FE7 are way more difficult to kill...compared to Sacred Stones.

Eh no. Well, not necessarily. The characters of FE8 aren't really better than those in FE7. While the prepromotes are hardly FE7 level, in comparing characters between FE8 and FE7 you end up seeing that FE8 characters make better use of their stats than FE7 characters.

I understand that the normal enemies are slightly better thanks to luck, but when they don't make up the entire game, you end up with an easier game. Doesn't hurt that the game is shorter and it ends just as a potentially difficulty altering enemy is introduced.

The FE8 enemies by themselves are stronger than the FE7 enemies.

Hope I don't sound like a broken record, but how is that true?

I'll admit FE8 is one of the games that I've looked into the the least. Is there some way to counter the pitiful promoted enemies (who don't gain any extra Levels to account for their promotion) and unpromoted enemies that have stats equivalent to their Level minus ~4?

For the record, I'm not talking about HHM enemies, because HHM enemies > FE8 enemies. However, the EHM, ENM and HNM enemies are definitely weaker (or at least not stronger) than FE8 enemies.

For the record, I'm not talking about HHM enemies, because HHM enemies > FE8 enemies. However, the EHM, ENM and HNM enemies are definitely weaker (or at least not stronger) than FE8 enemies.

Is this FE8 NM or HM?

Whilst I don't know if that's true, that doesn't seem like the case to me.

Taking some possibly biased data, FE7 enemies seem stronger on average to me:

cav14_7.PNG VS cav14_8.PNG

I haven't factored in inventories and which chapter they're from. Both are from NM.

Edited by VincentASM

Darn, I was actually hoping to be corrected XD

But yeah, FE8 enemies receive less "Levels" than in other games, so by default they should be weaker (unless they increased the class growth rates or etc. to compensate). That's why I was kind of wondering.

Edited by VincentASM

More of a small discussion than a full-fledged debate...

Anyway, the only enemies with truly bad AI are the soldiers. They're so pathetic it isn't funny anymore. Aside of that, I don't think the AI is all that bad. It might seem like it due to the vast amounts of uber characters you have.

I assume SS HM, which is still a pretty good challenge without external exp. Unless you are like a FE god.

Lolwut? Even without any form of abuse, tower, skirmishes, etc, FE8 HM is pretty pathetically easy. Seth can practically solo the game. And you have a bunch of other epic characters. Then you enter endgame, where every enemy gets horribly raped by the ultramegasuperpowered Legendary Weapons you have.