Light Runes

Florete

I saved one for the final battle. I can't really recall the last time I used it.

Though I can say, I would only use it when I really need to.

EDIT: TYPO!

Edited by Kyuubi Nao

Off the top of my head and without much thought: On a defense chapter in a speed run so there's less battles >_>

Yeah I use if for the defense chapters as well, only if I am in trouble.

Do you have to make that face <_<

I've used them once or twice after making mistake. Light runes can be useful for filtering or stalling enemy troops in specific circumstances, but I've never had a strategy where I planned to use the item. By virtue of their restricted usefulness, I rarely have a character hold one in his or her inventory.

Now that I think about it, I suppose light runes might be useful in the last chapter, but they're clearly not a necessity.

Nah I was just kidding :lol:

...in what way can Light runes screw you up?

Example: A chapter where you have to rush, you have one unit on a narrow (1 space wide) pathway and he/she's low on health and has so many enemies that he/she will easily kill in counter-attack (but he/she won't dodge all), you use that light run to protect him/her and once he/she's healed, you realize that it was pretty much stupid to do so because no that unit has to go around a different way to move further.

Basically, it can screw you over if it's used by an idiot or if you placed it incorrectly because your emulator was buggy.

I never use them since you never need to, but I think they have uses...

- Put them before Nils in Kinship's Bond so you don't have to put anyone on guard duty, or one instead of two (since the entrance is two tiles wide). Might come handy in Sands of Time too, I guess.

- Put them on sports where reinforcements appear on to block them. You can do this with your own units, but then that unit can't go anywhere else, so this is more practical.

- Put them on small border tiles that thieves and such use to escape from the map.

- Put them on advantageous terrain so that enemies can't use it (they usually get more merit from it than you do).

But to be honest, there's no real reason to bother.

I'd use them if they didn't fade after a few turns >_> When I first used them, I put Rebecca behind it so she could hit her foe on the other side of the Rune (she killed two before a Hero came next to it). When it went down, I had to restart the chapter because it became impossible for her to move without dying because of the Hero that had been waiting next to the Light Rune when it went down.

I'd use them if they didn't fade after a few turns >_> When I first used them, I put Rebecca behind it so she could hit her foe on the other side of the Rune (she killed two before a Hero came next to it). When it went down, I had to restart the chapter because it became impossible for her to move without dying because of the Hero that had been waiting next to the Light Rune when it went down.

That's HILARIOUS!

Rebecca: "Lol, you guys suck."

Hero: :angry:

Rebecca: :unsure:

*Light Rune fades

Hero: Haha!!!

Rebecca : :(