Is this like the bad FE games?

Never think a review is reasonable just because it gave a high score.

I gave Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon's import copy the same score that Gamespot gave Radiant Dawn; all said, they both got 6s. My review, however, touched on most of the good points, some of the bad, and only really spent a paragraph on presentation. Gamespot's review was mostly bile because there are no phoenix downs, complaints about difficulty, and complaints that it didn't use that stupid fucking waggle controller for anything.

My six meant "above average", and I rate it a more complimentary score than IGN's 8.0, where they know that scores are the only thing advertisers care about. They barely play their games.

Gamespot's review was so full of lulz.. it was such bullshit.

I especially laughed at:

1. Difficulty makes game infuriating to play (in other words no fun).

2. Bad storyline (this was the single funniest thing in their entire review.)

If you seriously think FE7 is bad, then you need to leave these forums right now.... there is no such thing as a bad Fire Emblem game (not even the Sacred Stones deserves less than an 7-8/10 on Gamespot.)

I think Rekka (FE7) is a piece of crap, compared to most of the series. But that's comparing within its own sect. Outside, it's still a good game. But within, in any "rate the series," it gets rated below Ankoku and Seima (FE1; FE8) by my standards.

Possibly, some of the overreactors here aren't looking at it that way.

Edited by Celice

I think Rekka (FE7) is a piece of crap, compared to most of the series. But that's comparing within its own sect. Outside, it's still a good game. But within, in any "rate the series," it gets rated below Ankoku and Seima (FE1; FE8) by my standards.

Possibly, some of the overreactors here aren't looking at it that way.

Actually, that is reasonable. But in all honesty, Japanese game-makers probably half-assed FE 7. Europe got Sh*** on even more.

FE will die if they don't come up with something soon.

To answer, no, this is not a bad game. Since you hate FE 7, you will probably hate this one too...a lot more.

• 2 weeks later...