1. 1. Vote and choose

• Gonzales
    • Geese
    • Garret

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're playing three Hero Cresters, that's going to happen to one of the three no matter what. Maybe slightly longer for Dieck/Rutger if you promote B-Gonzales first, but only slightly.

It's hard to explain. He looks like that little kid that gets rejected by everyone because he is ugly and retarded, but he still tries to be nice to everyone show he cares. Not to mention he's incredibly strong and tries to protect his friends, despite having a 2-3 year old's mindpower. I kinda just wanna pet him on the head and make him feel happy! :D

For those who think that Geese is better, let's think. Does his accuracy superiority make up for all of Gonzales's leads, especially in Hard Mode?

Gonzales has a sky high durability lead, thanks a to rediculous HP lead (up to 10, but usually 9) and not that far behind defense. (usually just 1 less in Hard Mode) Sure, he has a lesser resistance growth, but at least he starts with resistance in Hard Mode. Resistance doesn't matter much to begin with, though. He has a very dominate offense lead too, with up to 7 (usually 6) more strength and 2 more speed, along with superior CON, which is important for axe users. All this 5 levels behind Geese (since there are a plethora of reasons to go A route). Seeing that Gonzales has an average of around 7 or 8 Skill, the gap doesn't start out that far behind. Sure, he's never going to catch up, but 2 or 1 more skill definately isn't enough for Geese to overcome all of Gonzales's leads when they both first join. Both have passable luck, so I don't really care about that. The grand thing on Gonzales's part, he'll always keep his rediculous leads. While Geese only gets ahead in Skill and Luck, along with perhaps Resistance, Gonzales will be sky high ahead everywhere else. With a slightly higher defense growth, he'll even eventually pass Geese in Defense, making his durability undeniably superior. Really, does superior accuracy give Geese an edge over Gonzales, when Gonzales is dominating everywhere else?

That is my wall of text, and I approve this message.

Geese's HP is still pretty darn high. Saying Gonzales has more HP is like saying Bill Gates has more money. And what does more power mean if he doesn't hit? Defense and Resistance suck for both of them. Geese is 10% behind in both strength and speed growths, but his growths still aren't bad. He's likely to one-round just as often as Gonzales as a result of actually hitting things.

Plus, Geese is Geitz's brother, and Geitz was a pretty cool guy.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

Really...I never knew that.

Can anyone please tell me what Gonzales average stats are? I want to get an idea how he would turn out at level 20/

Geese's HP is still pretty darn high. Saying Gonzales has more HP is like saying Bill Gates has more money. And what does more power mean if he doesn't hit? Defense and Resistance suck for both of them. Geese is 10% behind in both strength and speed growths, but his growths still aren't bad. He's likely to one-round just as often as Gonzales as a result of actually hitting things.

Wait, bad defense? Both will get perfectly passable defense. Still, Gonzales doesn't have that much trouble hitting when lance using enemies rule the school. Keep in mind, when they first join, Geese will be two rounded by folk who 3 round Gonzales. Those Steel Axe Fighters average around 18 damage to Gonzales, thus averaging 17 damage to Geese. With 33 HP, Geese wouldn't survive a second hit. Sure, both are likely to dodge those buggers, but still. 33 is not nearly as good as 42 or 43 when it comes to surviving. Yes, Geese's growths in Strength and Speed aren't bad, but it won't make him catch up to Gonzales's crazy stat lead. Keep in mind neither of them are likely to reach level 20 and whatnot. He'll quickly max HP after promotion while Geese still has a big gap.

Can anyone please tell me what Gonzales average stats are? I want to get an idea how he would turn out at level 20/

Here you go: http://fea.fewiki.net/fea.php?character=gonzalesa&game=6 This isn't the Hard Mode version of him, though.

Wait, bad defense? Both will get perfectly passable defense. Still, Gonzales doesn't have that much trouble hitting when lance using enemies rule the school. Keep in mind, when they first join, Geese will be two rounded by folk who 3 round Gonzales. Those Steel Axe Fighters average around 18 damage to Gonzales, thus averaging 17 damage to Geese. With 33 HP, Geese wouldn't survive a second hit. Sure, both are likely to dodge those buggers, but still. 33 is not nearly as good as 42 or 43 when it comes to surviving. Yes, Geese's growths in Strength and Speed aren't bad, but it won't make him catch up to Gonzales's crazy stat lead. Keep in mind neither of them are likely to reach level 20 and whatnot. He'll quickly max HP after promotion while Geese still has a big gap.

Here you go: http://fea.fewiki.net/fea.php?character=gonzalesa&game=6 This isn't the Hard Mode version of him, though.

Bad defense, passable, it's even either way. And Gonzales does have trouble hitting even lance users; I've seen it myself, and his Skill was ~+1 from average. Getting little accuracy from any support, if any at all, helps nothing. And again, higher strength means almost nothing when he hits only half the time.

Bad defense, passable, it's even either way. And Gonzales does have trouble hitting even lance users; I've seen it myself, and his Skill was ~+1 from average. Getting little accuracy from any support, if any at all, helps nothing. And again, higher strength means almost nothing when he hits only half the time.

I call shananigans! Half the time? Paladins maybe, but not Cavaliers, Knights, Generals, Wyvern Riders, and Wyvern Lords. Soldiers could count, but they're gone by then. (except in arenas, but they don't count) Even then, after promotion, he only has under 50% against fast units like sword units and the Nomad folk. But you won't be facing Nomad folk if you go Ilia.

Anywho, let's take a look at Geese's averages, which is accurate in this one, since he doesn't have Hard Mode bonuses.

http://fea.fewiki.net/fea.php?character=geese&game=6

Gonzales has a base 43, while Geeze 33. Immense durability lead. Also, Gonzales boosts Experience more, and Geese's Hit lead is only 4% at join. Finally, Gonzales' durability problems are fixed from Echidna B. Geese is likely to go supportless.

Gonzales also DAs things, so hitting shouldn't be too much of a problem. :o

Gonzales has a base 43, while Geeze 33. Immense durability lead. Also, Gonzales boosts Experience more, and Geese's Hit lead is only 4% at join. Finally, Gonzales' durability problems are fixed from Echidna B. Geese is likely to go supportless.

Maybe not 4%, since I think Luck does factor in accuracy. But still, Geese's only reasonable support partner besides Echidna is Lalum, but Percival is wanting the lass.

I call shananigans! Half the time? Paladins maybe, but not Cavaliers, Knights, Generals, Wyvern Riders, and Wyvern Lords. Soldiers could count, but they're gone by then. (except in arenas, but they don't count) Even then, after promotion, he only has under 50% against fast units like sword units and the Nomad folk. But you won't be facing Nomad folk if you go Ilia.

Anywho, let's take a look at Geese's averages, which is accurate in this one, since he doesn't have Hard Mode bonuses.

http://fea.fewiki.net/fea.php?character=geese&game=6

Knights are the only ones he might see a hit chance of 80+% against. If he gets blessed, you might throw generals and Wyvern riders in there, but especially before promotion he has shitty hit against anything.

Geese is just as likely to get any support. <_< He's got a durability lead, yes, but Geese's is still rather good.

And I feel I should know this, but... what is DA?

Finally, Gonzales' durability problems are fixed from Echidna B. Geese is likely to go supportless.

full of bullcrap, there

Geese supports Echidna just the same as Gonzales does. Only he offers a better affinity. And he also supports Lalum, forming a support triangle with Echidna and Lalum.

Knights are the only ones he might see a hit chance of 80+% against. If he gets blessed, you might throw generals and Wyvern riders in there, but especially before promotion he has shitty hit against anything.

Geese is just as likely to get any support. <_< He's got a durability lead, yes, but Geese's is still rather good.

And I feel I should know this, but... what is DA?

Double attack. Gonzales is going to double attack many more things than Geese because of superior speed, especially thanks to superior CON. Geese is stuck to iron axes and killer axes, if you don't want to reduce his speed, while Gonzales can use steel axes without any speed loss before promotion.

Edited by Kintenbo

Double attack. Gonzales is going to double attack many more things than Geese because of it, especially thanks to superior CON. Geese is stuck to iron axes and killer axes, if you don't want to reduce his speed, while Gonzales can use steel axes without any speed loss before promotion.

Steel axe is a bad idea, since now he really won't be hitting anything. Gonzales is powerful enough to only need an Iron Axe anyway; he needs the accuracy. And Geese's speed is still rather good, even if not as good as Gonzales.

Killer Axes >>>>>> Steel Axes, so no loss

And Gonzales can't effectively use steel axes either. He's already packing only ~85 hit before enemy avoid and with hard mode bonuses with an iron axe. Using steel drops that by 15. 60 hit before enemy avoid? You're now looking at 40 hitrates.

Well, let's see....Gonzales is much better with the Brave Axe. He can actually attack folks 4 times and not get double attacked himself. Sure, he can't use it right away, with C weapon rank, but whatever. There are still weapons that Gonzales's high CON can take advantage of.

Well, let's see....Gonzales is much better with the Brave Axe. He can actually attack folks 4 times and not get double attacked himself. Sure, he can't use it right away, with C weapon rank, but whatever. There are still weapons that Gonzales's high CON can take advantage of.

Considering Gonzales doesn't likely need four attacks, this only gives him more chances to hit. Geese will more likely hit and is still fairly likely to be able to kill in two shots.

Maybe not 4%, since I think Luck does factor in accuracy. But still, Geese's only reasonable support partner besides Echidna is Lalum, but Percival is wanting the lass.

Percival is getting Lalum B, because she's much better with Echidna A. Supporting Percival also takes too long.

full of bullcrap, there

Geese supports Echidna just the same as Gonzales does. Only he offers a better affinity. And he also supports Lalum, forming a support triangle with Echidna and Lalum.

GonzalesxEchidna gives equal Avoid as GeesexEchidna but with full Defense instead of half. She's better with Gonzales support.

Edited by Swordsalmon

GonzalesxEchidna gives equal Avoid as GeesexEchidna but with full Defense instead of half. She's better with Gonzales support.

Haha. Yes, let's pretend these things called "attack" and "hit" don't exist.

Edited by Reikken