Kain and Abel and A7X

Smashy B

(I do/try not preach in this)

Okay, I just noticed this about the first two cavaliers/horse men/whatever that we get in this game and I though it was kinda weird that they are named after Cain and Abel from Chapter 4 of Genesis, which is the first book in the Bible. Now, I doubt any of you have read the Bible, I myself have only read Chapter 4 of Genesis, but for something else that's interesting...

People that know and are into the band Avenged Sevenfold (A7X) may or may not know that they are named after a part of Chapter Four of Genesis, where Cain is banished after killing his brother Abel, and God puts a curse on Cain where if anyone where to kill Cain (to end his misery or something), then that person would be punished Seven times over, or Avenged Sevenfold. It also happens that A7X has a song titled "Chapter Four" which is about Chapter Four of Genesis.

So Kain and Abel are connected to Avenged Sevenfold through the Bible. Thoughts? Do you think this was intentional (by that, I mean with the Bible part)?

I've read the Bible and I'm not at all religious. As Little Al said, the Fire Emblem series makes use of a lot of mythological references. I would think it very likely that the use of the names Kain and Abel was intentional, but I doubt the developers had any special motivations behind it. I think that your relating the characters to a band created in 1999 is a bit of a stretch, religion and mythology are common sources of inspiration for a variety of media. Both Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones and Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone took the idea of a three headed dog from Greek mythology, but I wouldn't consider that a connection between the two.

If your interested, a list of more historical references used in the series can be found here.

Edited by Wist

I've read the Bible and I'm not at all religious. As Little Al said, the Fire Emblem series makes use of a lot of mythological references. I would think it very likely that the use of the names Kain and Abel was intentional, but I doubt the developers had any special motivations behind it. I think that your relating the characters to a band created in 1999 is a bit of a stretch, religion and mythology are common sources of inspiration for a variety of media. Both Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones and Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone took the idea of a three headed dog from Greek mythology, but I wouldn't consider that a connection between the two.

If your interested, a list of more historical references used in the series can be found here.

I know that Nintendo had no intention of relating them to the band, I just thought to point a random connection for fun. The Biblical reference was the serious one I was pointing out.

And it's Sorcerer's Stone. :<

I know that Nintendo had no intention of relating them to the band, I just thought to point a random connection for fun. The Biblical reference was the serious one I was pointing out.

And it's Sorcerer's Stone. :<

It's Philosopher's Stone in the worldwide release.

The names of the Cavaliers are obvious refrences, but I'm not sure about the last part.

Fun fact: Gawain and Ragnell is a real Knights of the Roundtable tale.