Duel Wielding

There are techniques that will allow you to easily block and parry an attack with a single sword, thus leaving your opponent open for a strike.

Single weapons are more practical in combat, especially if it's 1-on-1. That's not to say dual wielding is totally useless, it's just not as good as it's made out to be by works of fiction. Unless you're superhuman, I doubt it'd be any better than wielding a single weapon.

But with Swords it allows you to block with one weapon and strike with the other.

Well, (Granted it's a poor example) look at Obi-Wan and General Grievous. It was 1-4 and Obi-wan pulled out on top.

That last bit could be misinterpreted....

I think it all comes down to the prowess of the battler themselves. Whether they have two swords or one, I'm sure a person with one sword can theoretcially take out an army of people who all have two swords and a person with two swords can take out an army or people with one sword each.

However, if we were to take the best Dual Wielding fighter and the best single wielding fighter, I think the dual wielding one would come out on top.

However, if we were to take the best Dual Wielding fighter and the best single wielding fighter, I think the dual wielding one would come out on top.

You're just saying that because you're dual wielding yourself. :P

I think it all comes down to the prowess of the battler themselves. Whether they have two swords or one, I'm sure a person with one sword can theoretcially take out an army of people who all have two swords and a person with two swords can take out an army or people with one sword each.

I'd agree there man.

You're just saying that because you're dual wielding yourself. :P

Maybe...

Well still. It does count that he has twice the amount of weapons that the other guy has. And it's not like a person who can wield two swords can't use one.

Having two swords makes for more possibilities. EX: Toss one sword into the air, while the enemy is distracted, charge in and pierce their heart. <-This being a signature move of the character Lyle Dayek in my stories.

But not every opponent will be foolish enough to fall for that. Especially not if they're practitioners of Japanese sword arts.

Perhaps. But that was just one example.

I'm not saying it's impossible for the best single wielding person to defeat the best dual wielding one, but I think that the odds would be favored toward the dual wielding warrior.

I suppose the odds would be even, if both of them are the best in their respective styles.

Dual wielding with swords and knives/daggers is actually not bad. But with any other weapon, it'll just impede you. I still believe it's less practical than wielding a single weapon, though.

I suppose the odds would be even, if both of them are the best in their respective styles.

Dual wielding with swords and knives/daggers is actually not bad. But with any other weapon, it'll just impede you. I still believe it's less practical than wielding a single weapon, though.

I can agree with that.