Help getting Xander's master seal

DisobeyedCargo

So I'm on the Fates history map trying to get the master seal, and I just can't. I'm constantly swarmed by the captains and commanders that charge me all at once. Iceberg managed to beat it, but not on an S rank to get the master seal, any tips?

4 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

So I'm on the Fates history map trying to get the master seal, and I just can't. I'm constantly swarmed by the captains and commanders that charge me all at once. Iceberg managed to beat it, but not on an S rank to get the master seal, any tips?

You need to split your 4 units up while having your most powerful guard the base, i'd also advise being significantly higher level than the challenge as I feel its not very indicative as to how hard it is, to help this get Marth to boost support levels with people so they can get paragon. Also make sure your weapons are properly powerful and have potentially useful effects.

For the final push after you hit the dragon vein you should use pair up bonuses to take out Xander. 

17 minutes ago, Jedi said:

You need to split your 4 units up while having your most powerful guard the base, i'd also advise being significantly higher level than the challenge as I feel its not very indicative as to how hard it is, to help this get Marth to boost support levels with people so they can get paragon. Also make sure your weapons are properly powerful and have potentially useful effects.

For the final push after you hit the dragon vein you should use pair up bonuses to take out Xander. 

Ahhh okay. I think my main problem was that my units were spread too thin since they were paired up. My team is around level 40-50 anyway. 

On 10/31/2017 at 1:18 PM, DisobeyedCargo said:

Ahhh okay. I think my main problem was that my units were spread too thin since they were paired up. My team is around level 40-50 anyway. 

Yeah I made the same mistake the first few times I tried it.

I just did this with Ryoma, Sakura, Corrin, and Hinoka, levels ~33-40, so more or less the suggested level, and...well, it was actually pretty easy. Got the Anna memento and the S rank with minutes to spare, first try.

However...I did have all 4 of them promoted, and Hinoka had a lance with both mountslayer and dracoslayer, so she kinda destroyed the entire Nohrian family and a lot of the other captains. Giving her a weapon with at least mountslayer is probably a good idea since she'll have a serious advantage over Xander with that. She'll also be able to take out Leo and Elise quickly. Sakura or Takumi can handle Camilla, and from there not much is left.

Oh, and I didn't do any pair ups, for what it's worth.

Edited by Florete