Needed Materials Checklist

Ragnarok2010

Last week I made a calculator for myself to help me determine how many materials I needed to grind from certain battles.  I figured I'd post this spreadsheet somewhere so other people can use it if they find it useful. If you wish to make use of the spreadsheet, you'll have to make a copy for yourself as this is only intended for one person to use.

https://goo.gl/X6yqdi

I was mainly curious to see if I could figure out how to translate the data I observed from the game into a google spreadsheet and it kind of turned into a fun little project for me.

The first sheet (Crests) has:

• A character selector that updates the materials required for each playable hero in the game.
  • A list of all crests that can be checked off if you either have the crest unlocked or wish to leave out of the calculation.
  • A Submit button, which records all of the materials for the unchecked crests for the selected hero and sends them over to the second sheet (Tally). Make sure the selected hero is the one you want to submit results for.
  • A Clear button, which resets the checks for each crest.

The second sheet (Tally) is where the materials calculated in the first sheet go for the selected hero after pressing the submit button.  It'll display the required materials needed for each hero as well as a total.

The third sheet (Guide) drives what each hero's needed materials are in the first sheet (Crests).

As someone who is trying to 100% this game, this looks super useful. Thanks for sharing.

One question: I'm using some other spreadsheets for other stuff, and in those I have Lianna listed before Rowan. For consistency between documents I'd like it to be the same on this one. How would I do that? I've messed around a bit but I can't figure out how to make it happen.

3 hours ago, Florete said:

As someone who is trying to 100% this game, this looks super useful. Thanks for sharing.

One question: I'm using some other spreadsheets for other stuff, and in those I have Lianna listed before Rowan. For consistency between documents I'd like it to be the same on this one. How would I do that? I've messed around a bit but I can't figure out how to make it happen.

Are you talking about the columns in the tally sheet?  If so, I made an update to the spreadsheet.  In the updated version, just switching the names of the columns will do the trick.

22 minutes ago, Ragnarok2010 said:

Are you talking about the columns in the tally sheet?  If so, I made an update to the spreadsheet.  In the updated version, just switching the names of the columns will do the trick.

Yep, thanks!

It's a good thing I like this game, because keeping track of everything is a job all on its own.

• 5 years later...

I know this thread is several years old, but I'm trying to use this calculator and it seems that after the update and DLC, its just not accurate anymore. I updated the materials in the guide manually, and tried to add the new characters into the script but I just cant seem to figure out how to make it work. All I need is for the tallies for new characters to go to the tallies sheet, I dont need the new essences and stuff added, thats not important.