Your take on the Alfonse quests

Prince Endriu

15 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

True true, though he probably isn't doing my Defense score any favors...

Actually, for some reason, whenever it's Alfonse's turn in the Arena, he's the only way I get defense wins. Like for the majority of this week, I tried running every combination of WoM dancer spam, Horse Emblem starring B. Lyn and Reinhardt, Vantage+DC spam, etc. and got nothing. And usually, I can get a defense win within the first few hours. But suddenly, I run Alfonse and I get a win over night. Only change was Mia for Alfonse. IDK what it is, but he always seems to net me a win.

The quests were easy. While I like a challenge, with the TT going on right now, it wouldn't have been a welcomed sight. Honestly, it would have made more sense to just do Askrian Trio quests and triple the rewards. They could have used the format that they use for the other character quests. I feel like we get a nice chunk of orbs in those.

2 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Actually, for some reason, whenever it's Alfonse's turn in the Arena, he's the only way I get defense wins. Like for the majority of this week, I tried running every combination of WoM dancer spam, Horse Emblem starring B. Lyn and Reinhardt, Vantage+DC spam, etc. and got nothing. And usually, I can get a defense win within the first few hours. But suddenly, I run Alfonse and I get a win over night. Only change was Mia for Alfonse. IDK what it is, but he always seems to net me a win.

The quests were easy. While I like a challenge, with the TT going on right now, it wouldn't have been a welcomed sight. Honestly, it would have made more sense to just do Askrian Trio quests and triple the rewards. They could have used the format that they use for the other character quests. I feel like we get a nice chunk of orbs in those.

Maybe you get pity wins.

When I get my deathless streak broken, I will win that match, but surrender to the next person and make a point to go for teams that have non Reinhardt/CYLyn leads.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

Maybe you get pity wins.

When I get my deathless streak broken, I will win that match, but surrender to the next person and make a point to go for teams that have non Reinhardt/CYLyn leads.

XD I mean...that might make sense. I try to pick a team that doesn't have any of the usual suspects at all. It'd probably explain why some of my really weird teams get defense wins. XD

36 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

It's probable that you're decreasing your Arena team's value, making you go up against people who might not be prepared to handle the rest of the team. Intentionally using a somewhat "weaker" set of skills, fewer merges, etc, can be a great way to get Defense wins by going against teams that aren't super prep'd for higher scoring threats.

edit: Regarding the Alfonse quests, whatever. It's clearly designed to be the kind of content that people who haven't or don't want to invest in Alf can complete. Coulda used special Alfonse maps or something though.

Edited by Johann

1 hour ago, Xenomata said:

True true, though he probably isn't doing my Defense score any favors...

Technically, a single win of 451 points is all you need. Putting in a few weaker units to lower your team's score if you're sufficiently above that range is generally advantageous if you have one or two extremely powerful units in your line-up since it increases the chance that opponents who face your team will not be prepared for those units.

9 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Maybe you get pity wins.

I do this too, except ironically... I use a Reinhardt/Brave Lyn defence team. Ow.

I would stop, but I need the extra 500 feathers. 

At least other players can appreciate the (now outclassed) Athena and whoever the Arena weekly extra is as they do nothing but get carried by the horses. 

When I first heard about the quests, I thought that it was going to bring at least some attention to Alfonse... but the rewards were a little -shabby for actually trying to get people to use alfonse. The quests were easy for me as I have a built up 5* Alfonse, but as someone else mentioned, it can be challenging for most people who benched Alfonse.

16 hours ago, Rezanator said:

What would have put this quest over the top would have been a 2-5* Alphonso as a reward. 

I'm starting to wonder if he's adopted. 

Don't know about 5* as then that way most people will have him as a 5*... but it would have been nice to get more Alfonse.

I did all these quests easily using a 4* alphonse. THe trick is to reset the training tower untill is is mostly green, and have other units take out things that you don;'t think that alphosee can handle. I should note that it does not matter it alphonse dies for the foe killing quests. Any foes that chapter will still be added to the total. Note that the rewards for doing the three easiest quests can be directly applied to raising alphonse. You get the right color shards and crystals to raise him up, and enough feathers to make him 3*. I would not be surprised if all of these quests were doable with a 3* alphonse, and whatever 4* units you get from one or two rounds of summoning (especialy since the feather reward also gives you half of what you need to get the 2* HB olivia to 3* so that she can learn dance..

Edited by sirmola