When will laguz be added to heroes?

Dragoncat

7 hours ago, NekoKnight said:

I think people should keep in mind that we don't need to keep 100% fidelity to the original game mechanics. SoV doesn't have tomes, but all their mages use them in Heroes. Laguz can use beaststones and generic strike weapons instead of body part specific weapons.

The reason for this is so that a single unit doesn't have multiple weaknesses. If there were all encompassing Laguz Slayers, bird laguz would have a weakness to them and bows despite not having any other strengths above other fliers.The same could be said of dragon laguz if they are weak to manakete killers (which are technically effective against breath weapons, which would include dragon laguz). You could make a beastslayer that only effects beast laguz (as in my mind, the beast would have a unique class that can move freely through trees) but the bird and dragon laguz are not unique classes.

I am pretty sure S!Corrin and Bunnila are weak not bows and Nekura's dagger, same for certain vampire. Sure these are seasonal, but precedent is here.

Also I don't think Talons and beaks need to be different weapon type, same for beast type.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Tenzen12 said:

I am pretty sure S!Corrin and Bunnila are weak not bows and Nekura's dagger, same for certain vampire. Sure these are seasonal, but precedent is here.

That much is true. There is also Poison Dagger that affects manaketes that are also weak to dragon-killers. Still, a point remains that unless all laguz gain a stat boost or unique function, there is no cause to lump them all together with a common weakness.

There is also opposite way to look at it. Unless Laguz units get some specific niche (stat boost is perfectly valid option IMHO), there isn't much chance Laguz slayer weapons would be commonplace, especially compared such as Falchions who comes with might 16 and renewal.