Prop 8 passed.

TLSothe

Possibly the most blunt ignorant hateful thing I have read on this forum...

You can't just tell people not to do something then expect them to see your way, and accept it. You can't TELL people to be heterosexual. I certainly won't be heterosexual just because you tell me to.

I think you just got trolled, Cynthia.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Possibly the most blunt ignorant hateful thing I have read on this forum...

You can't just tell people not to do something then expect them to see your way, and accept it. You can't TELL people to be heterosexual. I certainly won't be heterosexual just because you tell me to.

troll.jpg

I'll give you that, but even you can't be above hate always.

On another note, it's cool that you have such high faith in man's goodness. I believe in it, but it never suprises me when I don't see it.

Don't get me wrong, I don't believe in Humanities goodness either. That's my point. Good and evil are all just perspectives. That is to say, it is objective and scientific fact that good and evil are entirely subjective and based on opinion. :P A bit convoluted, eh? I don't think humanity naturally is good, neither do I think it is evil. People are just people. Each individual person will form a different perspective on what "good" and "evil" are.

Don't get me wrong, I don't believe in Humanities goodness either. That's my point. Good and evil are all just perspectives. That is to say, it is objective and scientific fact that good and evil are entirely subjective and based on opinion. :P A bit convoluted, eh? I don't think humanity naturally is good, neither do I think it is evil. People are just people. Each individual person will form a different perspective on what "good" and "evil" are.

Then... there's no reason to continue debating. We can't change the other's views.

Then... there's no reason to continue debating. We can't change the other's views.

Huh? That wasn't what I was trying to say at all. My original intention was to point out to you that throughout history almost every person was doing what they thought was right, and most of them where just trying to drift through life, so calling people "inherently evil" is a bit of a silly statement.

Huh? That wasn't what I was trying to say at all. My original intention was to point out to you that throughout history almost every person was doing what they thought was right, and most of them where just trying to drift through life, so calling people "inherently evil" is a bit of a silly statement.

:3

You lost me there.

While you it might not be right to group everyone together, it doesn't stop it from happening. There is such a thing as majority, and majority of a populace and in society they dictate what is right or wrong. In the case of dictator's and kings they just decide for the majority.

I was gonna say that I don't think it's right either, but according to your logic nothing is right or wrong. Philosophy is one thing, reality is another...

:3

You lost me there.

While you it might not be right to group everyone together, it doesn't stop it from happening. There is such a thing as majority, and majority of a populace and in society they dictate what is right or wrong. In the case of dictator's and kings they just decide for the majority.

I was gonna say that I don't think it's right either, but according to your logic nothing is right or wrong. Philosophy is one thing, reality is another...

That's kind of my point there. Because morals are subjective, the majority of people will of course dictate them.

What I'm trying to say is that morals and ethics in general are entirely dependent on the person. They exist only in philosophy, not in reality.

Will knowing that change anything?

Knowing that should, I believe. With the understanding that peoples morals and ethics are entirely subjective, you gain a greater understanding of others, and a greater all around knowledge. If you know that people have a reason for doing things, than you are less likely to hate or dislike them. Any knowledge can change something.

Knowing that should, I believe. With the understanding that peoples morals and ethics are entirely subjective, you gain a greater understanding of others, and a greater all around knowledge. If you know that people have a reason for doing things, than you are less likely to hate or dislike them. Any knowledge can change something.

Knowing is pointless if you don't practice it. :P

I think you just got trolled, Cynthia.

I'm well aware of what trolls do and who is a troll, and who isn't but honestly such ignorant statements shouldn't be made even for trolling purposes.

I honestly don't care about if people are trolling or not.

Knowing is pointless if you don't practice it. :P

?? I don't see what you mean.

If I know that morals and such are subjective, and that people are doing what they think is right, then I'm less likely to hate or dislike someone for their actions.

I am sorry if this offends anybody but i am glad this was passed, i don't care if you are gay or not, but marriage is the bond between a man and a woman, not a man and a man, or other way around

I am sorry if this offends anybody but i am glad this was passed, i don't care if you are gay or not, but marriage is the bond between a man and a woman, not a man and a man, or other way around

I feel sorry for you dude....

Says who?

Can a man and a man not love each other? Or a woman and a woman?

Do they need to modify their bodies to have sex?

You stated no reason WHY.

What ever happened to the land of the free? To equal rights to all men and women? What to all of that?

Edited by Cynthia

I'm well aware of what trolls do and who is a troll, and who isn't but honestly such ignorant statements shouldn't be made even for trolling purposes.

I honestly don't care about if people are trolling or not.

That's fine and dandy, but trolls like those sorts of responses. You are feeding it, no matter how well intended you were. It's better to mark it and ignore it. If you feel the need to talk about it, message someone.

?? I don't see what you mean.

If I know that morals and such are subjective, and that people are doing what they think is right, then I'm less likely to hate or dislike someone for their actions.

My question is do you acknowledge (not accept) my view?

You're entitled to your opinion.

Edited by Adam

He doesn't have to.

Okay, so Adam, I think you should turn your computer off and never come back here again, and never use the internet for as long as you live. I need no reason, so go do it.

God, the government, me

God and you do not make the laws.

What about freedom of religion? What if I don't want to follow your religion? Why should I follow your religion's rules then? Sorry but you need a stronger point than that. More people were killed in the name of God than anything else, so you can't say people doing things in the name of God is always right.

Edited by Cynthia

Unless you want to debate these people, I suggest you not egg them on.

I don't want to, I am not egging them on, I am stating what I think

God is irrelevant, you have no say in it and the government could be alot better right now

How is he irrelevant? Is he only suppose to matter when you need something and when you don't agree when with something he says he is irrelevant?