lol i did something cool!

Liz

?_?...maybe this topic is best suited in the ROM Hacking board instead.

And is your Lyn just a Lord or already promoted?

she's still a lord

but i also modified her promotion, so she still should have the 15 critical bonus when she promotes.

oh! now i'm working on modifying units to change their classes, starting inventory and stats, and all that other junk. simple stuff, really. then, once i have that done, i'll start messing with mugs and sprites.

maybe i SHOULD have posted it in hacking.....

I dunno about posting it in Hacking... How advanced is the Hacking Section here? On FEU's section that's child's play, so I'm not sure how appropriate posting it would be.

I am a semi active, hackerish who never really accomplishes anything. Don't quote me on that. :P

I gave all my units 128% growth rates ^_^

And this isn't exactly the most complicated thing to do... it's about the easiest of the easiest, in fact.

I want to make a few changes, like making Eliwood a Soldier. He'll start with Lances, promote into his normal Great Lord class, and keep the same growths. That would make it a bit more balanced AND make him awesome/

Eliwood is already very balanced :mellow:

Anyway, growths won't change upon promotion, since they're related to the character you're editing, not to the promotion or class.

I meant I wouldn't change his growths, not that they would be the same upon promotion.

Also, by balanced I mean there would be less sword users. It kinda annoys me that both Lyn AND Eli use swords. Lances make it balanced :3

Half everyone's growths to make them on par with the crappy enemy units.

Also lower bases by NewGrowth*(Level-1). Add 19---or maybe a bit less, like ~15---to promoted units' levels for that. "NewGrowth" just means the growth after being halved.

Basically, lower bases to what they would be if that unit leveled up from 1 to their base level with halved growths.

Edited by Reikken