Howdy! Here's a bit about me and some FE favorites!

Twisted Tactician

Hello there fellow FE fans! Thought I'd take a moment to introduce myself.

My name's Des, and I figured I'd make an account since I lurk here so much. I got into the series a few years ago when a friend saw me playing Lord of the Rings: The Third Age on my Game Boy Advance. She was so right when she said I would like Fire Emblem; since then I've beat Awakening and started both Sacred Stones and Birthright. I'm waiting for my download of Conquest to finish as I type this. I play the games for the story, but I find few things in life as satisfying as cooking up a crazy strategies and seeing if they work out the way I imagine.

Some of my FE Favorites (based on the games I've played thus far):

• Game: FE 13
  • Character: Donnel (but Eirika is a close second)
  • Boss: Candace
  • Class: Kinshi Knight
  • Weapon: Levin Sword
  • Item: Boots

I've been playing video games since before I could read, so they're kind of part of my identity at this point. In terms of favorite series, Fire Emblem is second only to the Elder Scrolls. 

As for real life...I recently graduated from college with a BA in economics and am eager to start my new job as a data analyst in the next month or so.

Happy Holidays everybody! I can't wait to get involved in the forums here!

Edited by Twisted Tactician

Nice to meet you, I'm a year out from graduating from college. Hope you have fun while you're here.

Like many of us here would say, lower your hopes for Conquest's story, but keep them high for its gameplay. 

15 hours ago, Twisted Tactician said:

I got into the series a few years ago when a friend saw me playing Lord of the Rings: The Third Age on my Game Boy Advance.

Oh man, I remember that game... Childhood memories.

Welcome to the forest; I hope you'll enjoy it here~

If your avatar is any indication, are you a Reina fan?

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone, and Merry Christmas!

11 hours ago, Claudius I said:

Oh man, I remember that game... Childhood memories.

Welcome to the forest; I hope you'll enjoy it here~

If your avatar is any indication, are you a Reina fan?

Just thinking about that last mission at the Black Gate is enough to make me curse out loud at the RNG...Frodo always took his sweet time destroying the ring and all my units would die in the meantime.

I am a Reina fan; she's my favorite Fates character so far! I like the Kinshi Knight class to begin with, and Reina owns it! I enjoyed her supports with the avatar and how they showed her tendency to soften in demeanor when she's off the battlefield.

Welcome to Airport 1001! Please remember to wake that slugabed up! ...and to look out for the always bored scythe-toting overseer.

Anyway, what else do you play?

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

8 hours ago, Twisted Tactician said:

Just thinking about that last mission at the Black Gate is enough to make me curse out loud at the RNG...Frodo always took his sweet time destroying the ring and all my units would die in the meantime.

I am a Reina fan; she's my favorite Fates character so far! I like the Kinshi Knight class to begin with, and Reina owns it! I enjoyed her supports with the avatar and how they showed her tendency to soften in demeanor when she's off the battlefield.

Haha, I always had the feeling the RNG in that game was out to frustrate the player and it got worse in the later missions.

You're the first person I've heard mention Reina who doesn't dislike her. Finally! I like her quite a fair bit. I like how her supports with Corrin show a different side to her than her first impressions; it's a shame that her supports were limited to just Corrin.

13 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Anyway, what else do you play?

Hi there! I play games across a lot of genres, everything from Fallout to Tony Hawk to Stardew Valley. Right now, the non-FE games I've been playing the most are:

• Morrowind
  • Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
  • Mass Effect 3
  • Dragon Quest VIII
  • Madden 18

I'm also super into Elder Scrolls Lore and have been making art and stories based on my most recent Skyrim playthrough. My character has a Tumblr and everything because I have a lot of free time right now.

How about you, what have you been playing?

12 hours ago, Claudius I said:

Haha, I always had the feeling the RNG in that game was out to frustrate the player and it got worse in the later missions.

You're the first person I've heard mention Reina who doesn't dislike her. Finally! I like her quite a fair bit. I like how her supports with Corrin show a different side to her than her first impressions; it's a shame that her supports were limited to just Corrin.

I'm a little sad to hear that she doesn't have a big following! Yes, I also wish there were more supports. It would have been fun to see her interactions with Orochi or Kagero...they could have reminisced about serving Queen Mikoto or something.

6 hours ago, Twisted Tactician said:

Hi there! I play games across a lot of genres, everything from Fallout to Tony Hawk to Stardew Valley. Right now, the non-FE games I've been playing the most are:

• Morrowind
  • Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
  • Mass Effect 3
  • Dragon Quest VIII
  • Madden 18

I'm also super into Elder Scrolls Lore and have been making art and stories based on my most recent Skyrim playthrough. My character has a Tumblr and everything because I have a lot of free time right now.

How about you, what have you been playing?

I play a lot of stuff too, mostly of the RPG sort. My most played games that aren't FE include, but aren't limited to...

• Hyrule Warriors/Legends
  • Bravely Default
  • Dragon Quest VIII
  • Fire Emblem Warriors (actually, I had just gotten this, but I'm gonna be putting a lot of time into )
  • Smash for Wii U
  • Rune Factory 4 (and for that matter, the series in general)
  • The Atelier series in general
  • Endless Frontier and EF EXCEED
  • Stella Glow

Also, please don't try anything you see the Mythbusters do at home. EVER! Oh, and since you're familiar with Dragon Quest, has this crap ever happened to you?

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/583527-dragon-quest-viii-journey-of-the-cursed-king/44516060

Note the first post in said thread as well as the title.

On 12/25/2017 at 4:23 PM, Twisted Tactician said:

20 hours ago, Claudius I said:

I know that feeling - largely because playing Fates gives me that feeling.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

2 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:
  • Bravely Default

I've heard good things about that one and liked the demo, but I don't ever see it go on sale. I hardly ever buy games on sale, I'm way too stingy.

2 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Also, please don't try anything you see the Mythbusters do at home. EVER! Oh, and since you're familiar with Dragon Quest, has this crap ever happened to you?

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/583527-dragon-quest-viii-journey-of-the-cursed-king/44516060

Note the first post in said thread as well as the title.

Yes! The one DQ game that I played to the very end was IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies. That crap got really frustrating. Iirc, one of my dudes had a skill that blocked the enemy from running so I had to bring him along for some of the "defeat X" quests, especially the ones with metal slimes.

20 hours ago, Twisted Tactician said:

I've heard good things about that one and liked the demo, but I don't ever see it go on sale. I hardly ever buy games on sale, I'm way too stingy.

Yes! The one DQ game that I played to the very end was IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies. That crap got really frustrating. Iirc, one of my dudes had a skill that blocked the enemy from running so I had to bring him along for some of the "defeat X" quests, especially the ones with metal slimes.

Well, if you see it at GameStop or whatever, I'd definitely pick it up.

Wait, you have gotten unlucky to the point where metal slimes are among an enemy party that got a free turn and saw them flee immediately?!

22 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Wait, you have gotten unlucky to the point where metal slimes are among an enemy party that got a free turn and saw them flee immediately?!

After 200+ hours, I'd seen just about every level of stupidity that game had to offer by the time I finally lost the game chip. Between that game, Fire Emblem, and Civilization, I've learned to never underestimate the cruelty of an RNG.

Edited by Twisted Tactician