Awakening Anna Map Help

Liliesgrace

I've finally gotten an illustration completed so I can try and recruit Anna (again, it's the Awakening map one) but since this is my first Warriors title and I'm not very good at the game itself (I've progressed mostly by over-leveling and smashing things) I was hoping to lay out my plans and get some feedback/tips on how to complete the scenario without losing my mind. I don't care about rank at all, just getting through the basics to unlock Anna.

The units I'm planning on using are as follows.

• Robin ( lv 93 w/Hero Tome 480)
  • Chrom (lv 93 w/Hero Sword 480)
  • Cordelia (lv 93 w/Hero Lance 480)
  • Lissa (lv 93 w/Hero Axe 480)
  • Frederick (lv 93 w/Brave Axe 240)
  • Lianna (lv 93 w/Brave Sword 240 +Bowbreaker)

All the healers have Live to Serve and Chrom, Robin, Cordelia, and Lianna have both Luna and Astra. Everyone's attack and defense crests are completed as well save for Lianna who's only missing fang crests and the last two dragon defense crests.

I figured I'd join the six units into three pairs, one each with a healer. Since Lianna would have Bowbreaker I thought to pair her up with Chrom and she could take on the Anna(s?) and that Lissa paired with Robin would be a great choice

Spoiler

to smash the multiple Robins that spawn after defeating Validar

What I'm not sure of is should I leave two pairs guarding the base or one pair at the base and one guarding the ally Chrom? There are like, 12 bosses that have to be slogged through on this map from what I've watched in the videos and I really just want to make sure I can complete the chapter without Chrom dying. It doesn't help my worries that I can't save progress during history mode maps either. I got spoiled during story mode with that option.

This map can be tricky with all the objectives and bosses, and can especially be a headache if going for an S rank. Your characters seem good enough for the mission, so I suggest keeping an eye close on new objectives and the map in order to avoid nasty situations where a base or npc is getting mobbed by bosses. I would always keep the 2 green square characters at main base unpaired to slow the enemy. It might help out to have a blue healer guard base instead of a green as you can manually heal the base captain in a pinch. Your characters with Luna/Astra should make up the two groups you have completing objectives. In terms of video guides if needed, I highly recommend Nn Li's guide as it is easy to follow and at least to me, very helpful.

Link: https://youtu.be/BmdraeCKENY

If you have any other questions, just ask and I wish you luck in beating this difficult map.

Edited by In-Sain Arcane Birdbrain

So my advice for every mission like this (at least in my experience) is have a healer at the base/allied commander, usually it's Lissa, and I pair Frederick with her to increase her bulkiness and help her take on any enemy threats, though that's optional, Lianna with Bowbreaker and Chrom should be your main go-to unit since they can take on most anything, Cordelia though should serve as anti-mage due to her res, also if you're pairing Cordelia and Frederick up together, I'd reccommend against it as their high mobility could be used on others such as Chrom/Lianna/Robin. Plus any weakness's they have doesn't matter when they're the support, so use them to rush to an objective and switch back to your main lord. Other than these optional/situational/preference tips it seems like you are pretty set, good luck!

Thanks so much for the additional tips guys, I really appreciate it! I'll also definitely check that video out, as they are the best tools for me in regarding to successfully completing harder chapters. What I find hilarious is at first I didn't really care about bothering with Anna at all and wasn't planning on ever recruiting her, but I read some of her supports and they're so awesome I decided I had to try and make a go of getting her. I just hope I don't have to retry it as many times as when I had to do that timed onslaught for the Sol Kati scroll with Takumi.

That map nearly broke me with how many times I ALMOST cleared it at S rank. Think I finally managed an S on the 7th or 8th try.

I've done it when i was in the 40-60 levels. So Anna is your first target, you must beat her once she appears. If all your characters are good level, proceed as usually, if not, put them in the base to defend from strongest enemies. Don't forget to take weapons effective against some enemies :) Kill every enemies who treathen your base after beating Anna :) Healer is necessary for your main base. And if you struggle and you're low leveled, you can try to bait every enemies on your main base (those who advance) and kill them all in one blow :)

3 hours ago, Metakirby said:

I've done it when i was in the 40-60 levels. So Anna is your first target, you must beat her once she appears. If all your characters are good level, proceed as usually, if not, put them in the base to defend from strongest enemies. Don't forget to take weapons effective against some enemies :) Kill every enemies who treathen your base after beating Anna :) Healer is necessary for your main base. And if you struggle and you're low leveled, you can try to bait every enemies on your main base (those who advance) and kill them all in one blow :)

Thanks for the heads up! I'm guessing my order of things will be:

Kill Anna

Kill captains

Kill Sage making wall of darkness

Kill Validar 

Kill Robin spawns

Kill real Robin

And hopefully keep Chrom alive through it all.

Yeah! Chrom was never fighting at all on my map (yeah.. I don't see why but I guess I was lucky?) 

The worst part is the four copies of Robin, but can be easier by luring them in the main base and killing them with awakening. (don't forget to have someone with your character and your two gauges filled) 

If you struggle try maybe benedictions? Never tried them except material so can't advice about it 

Thanks for all the advice guys! After a bit of grinding on a high level map to get Chaos Dragon Barbs I got everyone up to 103 and was even able to get an S rank with no problems! Since I had the resources I also went with the warrior blessing which fills every characters' warrior gauge automatically over time and it really made the level beyond manageable.

15 hours ago, Liliesgrace said:

Thanks for all the advice guys! After a bit of grinding on a high level map to get Chaos Dragon Barbs I got everyone up to 103 and was even able to get an S rank with no problems! Since I had the resources I also went with the warrior blessing which fills every characters' warrior gauge automatically over time and it really made the level beyond manageable.

Glad to know you did it. I'm planning something that you might consider insane - I'm planning on trying to get Anna with characters in the 50-60 range.

On 12/28/2017 at 3:03 PM, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Glad to know you did it. I'm planning something that you might consider insane - I'm planning on trying to get Anna with characters in the 50-60 range.

I've heard players stating they did it with level 40 characters so I believe it's possible and wish you the best of luck!