Cuphead In: Don't Deal With the Mafia (Game Over)

Aizen

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok so firstly with Hilda I'm most confident she would flip scum. I feel like the only thing that made me think she was town before was her antagonism towards the town as a whole but I don't really think that's enough at this point. also I kind of remembered another newbscum in an offsite game who was similarly dismissive and rude about everything and it made me less sure about that even being a towntell.

next wrt interactions I feel like if hilda is scum I'd be pretty sure that Sally was town because I don't see Hilda as the bussing type, particularly in this situation. if hilda is town I can't really see grim and baroness being buddies so I'd probably lynch Sally and then Grim cuz I feel like if Sally and Baroness were buddies he would have also pushed harder against Sally to get one of them towncred since one of them is most likely getting lynched at this point.

if I can't convince you guys about Hilda I'd probably vote Sally to consolidate at this point but I wouldn't feel good about it

For me the thing about Baroness' reads are that they look like they changed without warning. Like its hard for me to believe that their read on Rumor went from null-->Town based off of PoE. Is this really how town argues their townreads?

My other problem is she had Grim as a low priority D2 and was voting me. So even if she makes a correction about her Grim case today, why does that case suddenly make him scum over me? Like if my interactions make Baroness think that I'm scum, and I was highest on her priorities D2, why is she voting Grim today? What is it that Grim has done that makes him more scummy than me? 

That being said, I'd vote Hilda over Sally if we're not lynching Baroness today because as I said I feel like my case for Hilda being newbscum still stands and nothing has really changed for me to reconsider it whereas I feel like with Sally I'm uncertain with their play as I mentioned earlier.

3 hours ago, Dr. Kahl said:

@Cala Maria Why wouldn't Scum!Grim have a scumread on Beppi?  I don't see how that affects him regardless of alignment.

##Unvote

##Vote: Grim Matchstick

Should clarify; I think what actually happened in the game can be construed as scum!Grim trying to get Beppi lynched but backing off once Beppi crumbed a power role. But what I was talking about was Baroness' thought process. Like if you made the claim that someone was scumreading a person all day and also picked up on their crumb as a power role...I don't see how they're still mafia? Like just because someone crumbs a PR doesn't automatically mean that your reads are wrong, I just find this thought process weird and find it being argued in bad faith.

Unless you're talking about Grim generally scumreading Beppi. I don't think its town indicative but its just that Baroness' case on that was really stretching it and I never got an idea as to why she thought scum!Grim was more likely because of it.

meh I forgot that Baroness's townread on Rumor came from PoE. makes his protests against people PoEing him as scummy seem shitty. grim going higher in priority makes sense though given that wally was a cop and there are townie interactions for you.

oh yeah I forgot about hilda's grim case. mreh I need to sleep on it.

tbh whenever either Baroness or Sally posts their tone makes me think they're townie and then everyone posts their cases and I start thinking they're scummy again cuz it makes me remember stuff I'd forgotten about

Not really here at the moment but I've been trying to read the thread and by bringing up PoE again that frustrates me because my PoE on Rumor was based on, as I said, an opinion, I was not SET in it as everyone else seemed to be at the start of this day phase.  There is a difference in going:

"I've got like 4 scum reads so for now I'm gonna focus on these and the rest are more town in my eyes."

And:

"Scum HAS to be among these 3 people. PERIOD."

Fuck off with that shit.

wait actually I was getting muddled. hilda's grim case doesn't really change anything for me wrt her alignment. it was one of those things where she thought she found a big contradiction and pounced on it and then unvoted once I pointed out it wasn't really a contradiction.

it does make me think she's not buddies with Grim so scum Hilda would point to scum Baroness. so yeah leaning towards either a Hilda/Baroness team or a Sally/Grim team

43 minutes ago, Cala Maria said:

For me the thing about Baroness' reads are that they look like they changed without warning. Like its hard for me to believe that their read on Rumor went from null-->Town based off of PoE. Is this really how town argues their townreads?

My other problem is she had Grim as a low priority D2 and was voting me. So even if she makes a correction about her Grim case today, why does that case suddenly make him scum over me? Like if my interactions make Baroness think that I'm scum, and I was highest on her priorities D2, why is she voting Grim today? What is it that Grim has done that makes him more scummy than me? 

WRT the first paragraph it's literally what was happening at the start of this day phase basically.  People were going "These 3 are PoE scum, so even though there are questionable other things from other players, they are more townie."

Voting Grim today because both of you were scummy in my eyes but his more recent posts seemed worse to me and gut said him > you.

1 minute ago, Baroness Von Bon Bon said:

Not really here at the moment but I've been trying to read the thread and by bringing up PoE again that frustrates me because my PoE on Rumor was based on, as I said, an opinion, I was not SET in it as everyone else seemed to be at the start of this day phase.  There is a difference in going:

"I've got like 4 scum reads so for now I'm gonna focus on these and the rest are more town in my eyes."

And:

"Scum HAS to be among these 3 people. PERIOD."

Fuck off with that shit.

this is what I mean by you being purposely obtuse because nobody is saying this. they're just stating the inverse of what you're saying wrt Rumor- they've got 4 townreads so for now they're gonna say the rest are more scum in their eyes. and then you get all huffy when people talk about their townreads and say it's useless content or something

tbh it's possible I just want to lynch Hilda because they've been lurking so I wouldn't feel as bad if it ended up being a mislynch

anyways it's midnight and I have a quiz that I haven't studied for yet tomorrow and I'm already pretty muddled as you guys can see so I'll post again tomorrow

Really? Because at the start of this day phase there was a couple people that literally were like "Scum is in this group of 3 people."  And then just not posting. Wally/Grim/Cala are prime examples of this.

Are you just missing that or are you being purposefully dense?  Or am I just an idiot who can't read posts?

Cala maybe the only one who is slightly different but literally they stated:

"Baroness/Captain/Hilda/Sally. I'm townreading the rest of the players but don't want to talk about it unless its required." 

This implies they are shut off from even conversing about anything not related to those 4 people which is wrong in my opinion and should be wrong in the general opinion of the town.

ok but they're not like NEVER GOING TO THINK ABOUT ANYONE ELSE they're just saying those other people are townreads. it's not like people said "gonna vote baroness cuz poe" as the only reason. everybody had other cases on you too

i think sally is leading in votes rn? she should claim too probably cuz I'm still leaning her over Baroness if nobody joins me on the Hilda train

seriously everybody who thought Djimmi was lurkscum should vote Hilda. being around and promising content but not delivering and posting mostly when other people are pushing them is what lurkscum actually do

?_? wally is certainly getting killed tonight regardless of whether Hilda is the hooker or not. even if she's not they're still going to kill confirmed town now that the doc is dead

if we do have a vig they should shoot Baroness if Hilda is scum and Sally if she's not imo

hilda should claim too I guess if they get to 4 votes

debating on a massclaim tbh but we'd just be giving the hooker a target

2 minutes ago, Captain Brineybeard said:

?_? wally is certainly getting killed tonight regardless of whether Hilda is the hooker or not. even if she's not they're still going to kill confirmed town now that the doc is dead

debating on a massclaim tbh but we'd just be giving the hooker a target

i believe in the backup doc

massclaim would solve nothing in a game w/vanillas anyways, but sally/hilda should definitely claim