Cuphead In: Don't Deal With the Mafia (Game Over)

Aizen

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/15/2018 at 1:19 PM, Baroness Von Bon Bon said:

I'm here, I'm going to attempt to dive back into the thread and reread some of it.  I am not promising anything though cause that's like 25 pages or so that I need to actually read for a full reread.

This is enough reason not to hammer early.

On 2/15/2018 at 1:57 PM, Sally Stageplay said:

People are apperently townreading her for this nightkill, but why? Sure the kill feels weird coming from her, but it feels weird coming from any scumteam for me (unless you include scum teams with Wally of course). If scum decides they don't fear the cop for some reason (likely because of the roleblocker), Cagney being more active is reason enough to kill him instead. Baroness not casing me last phase got enough suspision off of her that I can see them making that decision, or at least being convinced by her scumbuddy.

Cagney had a townread on Baroness, and wanted you lynched instead.  Scum!Baroness would've shot one of her supporters.

8 hours ago, Captain Brineybeard said:

neither can anyone else apparently

tbh I'm fine with hammering this phase early. I think SF tends to wait too long to lynch people in the name of 'discussion' and it just saps interest and kills pace

Which reminds me, hit me over the head in postgame.  Yesterday was a hell of a story, but posting it now would give away my identity for good.

I want Baroness to reread the thread too but we're probably not lynching him today so unless you think his post is going to make him scummier in your eyes it's not immediately necessary. Not to mention, he'll be able to do it without slowing down the game over the night phase, and with Sally's flip confirmed to look for associative reads, so his reread will be better. 

this is kind of what I mean by delaying lynches in the name of discussion. Baroness made that post saying he was going to do a deep dive of the thread about 30 hours ago and has just made another post 7 hours ago saying they would be back in a few hours if they didn't fall asleep, which I take to mean he did. he (and Grim) have had most of the day phase to post content and haven't so far. looks like Sally's given up too

phase ends tomorrow anyways so at this point it doesn't matter much though

I haven't given up, I literaly said I wouldn't have much time to post the last two days in my last post...

7 hours ago, Werner Werman said:

Cagney had a townread on Baroness, and wanted you lynched instead.  Scum!Baroness would've shot one of her supporters.

I really think people are jumping to conclusions with this. Yes, Baroness would have prefered to kill someone who was suspecting her, but that doesn't mean she'll do so for sure. As I said before, scum seems to have decided they're not affraid of the cop role, so they decided to lynch the player who was basicly confirmed town and was adding to discussion more. I don't see this as something Baroness wouldn't do. Reads on people change all the time.

Scum buddy of Baroness would have to be Werner or Captain. Currently thinking Captain, because he seems to be consistently leading suspision in the wrong direction. His generally states good reasons for doing so, but it's  starting to stand out.

I'll read up on the cases on now.

1 minute ago, Dr. Kahl said:

What are your thoughts on Grim?

The remark he made about voting me because not him over him is weirding me out, but I feel like there's no way he's in a scumteam with Baroness. His content in general also didn't really strike me as scummy.

On the off chance I'm wrong about Baroness, I could see him being scum, but right now I'd only vote him as a not me over me.

you guys are crazy if you think a cagney nightkill means anything for bonbon's alignment, cagney is all but confirmed town and was the most active poster Day 3 vs. Wally who made like 2 posts + there are 2 mafia alive

why would scum kill fucking briney of all people who is a potential lynch target?

nightkill analysis is dumb

w/e

I don't think scum would kill Wally, I'd expect me or Werner though.

If you thought Baroness was the most likely to be scum, why didn't you vote her previously?  Why are you still voting Sally, if you think Baroness is the most likely to be scum?  Do you think they still make sense as scumbuddies?

On 12-2-2018 at 11:07 AM, Werner Werman said:

This quoting system is driving me nuts.  Alright, here's what I mean about Sally (yes I'm taking it out of context for the sake of brevity, go click on the arrow in the quote header for more details):

Maybe?  Just like with Maria's Hilda case, every scum game is different.

I know I'm town, too.

No kidding?  I'm not fully sold on Wally being town, but this feels completely unnecessary.

If I had to choose between Baroness' paranoia/theory-talk and what I quoted above, I see the latter as more scummy.

Sorry, what was the point of these quotes again? I remember your problem with me mostly being me being waffely, but those quotes are about me adding useless remarks to my posts?

On 13-2-2018 at 4:55 AM, Dr. Kahl said:

There's only one thing that bothers me here and that's her Grim read today; it's really weird to me because at the same time she thinks he doesn't make sense as scum with her #1 read, but continues to kind of push him anyways.

After the great SB masacre last game, I decided I should push things that seem strange about people, even if I don't think they're scum.

On 13-2-2018 at 5:30 AM, Werner Werman said:

This post goes back-and-forth.  I disliked Sally for her self-waffling.

Main reason I was waffling there was because as I was typing that, I started to consider scum could be playing bad as well.

On 13-2-2018 at 7:01 AM, Captain Brineybeard said:

would like her to say why she no longer felt her D1 reason for thinking she was town was good though. not sure she has.

Here you go:

On 7-2-2018 at 10:14 PM, Sally Stageplay said:

I don't like Rumor because:

1) His only real scumread dissapearing over night doesn't sit well with me.

2) Him voting the other leading wagon for a bad reason.

3) I feel a lot less sure about my argument that scum wouldn't be this obvious if they're from a different site (regarding him focussing too much on townreads). I know they wouldn't get away with it here (although I guess they almost did D1), but from what I heard different sites aren't always as good at pressuring people and demanding scumreads (the discussion with Greencapps in Kemono friends comes to mind).

If I leave the whole "too scummy to be scum" thing behind, him not even using his townreads to PoE scum down (which I feel should be the main use of townreads) is really bothering me.

@Sally- yeah I forgot about that post mb.

@Wally- I'm not really happy with a Grim lynch? I think he's a more likely Sally buddy than Baroness but until today's random demotivation I didn't really find much he was doing to be suspicious so I wouldn't want to lynch him without a scum Sally flip. i'm confused though; your post makes it sound like we're set to lynch Grim today even though I'm pretty sure Sally is up by several votes. who do you want to lynch?

Baroness doing shit all today even though we've been waiting for them for most of the day phase is very frustrating and is making me waffle again because it feels like he gave 100% when he was going to get lynched on D3 and then went back to just posting "I'll post later"s after the lynch threat was gone. i find this to generally be a super suspicious thing but after I led a lynch against Hilda for this yesterday and she was town I don't know what to do.

sigh earlier in the game when I was scumreading Sally one of the things that made me waffle was that she always had a pretty even tone and never really got too riled up about votes on her even when she was close to getting lynched and I feel like that's still apt? if scum!Sally was going to take a shot at me before getting lynched after mostly saying I was town all game I would have expected her to give some kind of reason to at least make it look like I was bussing her or something? whereas saying I'm suspicious for leading mislynches right before she flips scum is obviously meaningless and probably just makes me look townier.

sigh I'm still the most suspicious of Sally but the gap between her and Baroness is narrowing. don't want to lynch Grim today still.

gotta go for a few hours but will be back for phase end

i don't have a lot of conviction in my reads right now tbh so if someone posts a good case on either Baroness or Sally (who is not one of those two people) I might just sheep them

My problem is that I'm the most bothered by Grim, who makes the most sense as scum w/Sally (maybe the salty attitude is coming from the fact that he's bussing Baroness buddy, don't see him being scum w/Captain and pretty much completely ignoring the slot this late in unless I'm being a total dumbass).  I'm more bothered by Baroness than Sally because of what you stated, but I don't even know who would be Baroness's scum buddy.  You?  Sally is a bit WIFOMey in that she'd have to be playing under the assumption that she was definitely going to get lynched and wanted to make her scumbuddy look good.