Cuphead In: Don't Deal With the Mafia (Game Over)

Aizen

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Captain Brineybeard said:

also, kahl's point is that the grim unvote is a very easy thing to set up with your buddy and fake to get towncred, after Rumor was already sunk. In comparison Wally would have to have bussed Rumor all phase and then guiltied her... why?

Also I already stated this.

3 minutes ago, Cagney Carnation said:

I mean my scumread on Cala hasn't died I've just admittedly been very very lazy since I lost computer access.

Mine did.

6 minutes ago, Baroness Von Bon Bon said:

I'm dumb it was right here, I don't wanna go dredge through day 2 to find the other post.  Grim was scum reading Beppi pretty sure all of day 2 yet he states he saw comments WRT a doc crumb.  This needs to be answered for.

He wasn't.  I'll read your larger post in a few hours, kind of preoccupied ATM.

7 hours ago, Sally Stageplay said:

Alright, I finished reading up on Grim. His overal posts feel good, in that the progression in his reads feels natural and he explains them well. two things struck me as odd though:
His interactions with Rumor don't read great though. He does mention why what Rumor is doing is scummy, but then proceeds to agree with Captain that it's too scummy to be scum. His interactions with BvBB don't feel like scum/scum though, and I suspect her a lot more.

Other then that, this comment kind of bothers me:

This reads like not being sure what to make of me, which is kind of weird considering

he seems pretty sure I'm scum here. Would like him to expand on his current stance on me.

As I said, I suspect BvBB a lot more (I explained why at the end of last phase).

##Vote: Baroness von Bon Bon

Currently thinking the scumteam is her and Hilda, where Hilda is  because of PoE.

This is a bad post also.  How is the game even PoE at the moment.  Hardly anyone in this game has claimed and all we have is conversing in the thread.  This is a pretty blank and easy post followed by a vote on me that is apparently just based of yesterdays reasons which means the vote on me isn't even taking into consideration the fact that I town read rumor?

On 2/7/2018 at 8:03 PM, Grim Matchstick said:

@Beppi The Clown I figure you are either gonna get NK'd or will be a late game PoE because of your comment about not being lynched. I'm still kind of uncomfortable with your slot but I feel like it will sort itself out?

Found this, basically states he saw the crumb, but is still uncomfortable with the slot and that it will sort itself out and this looks 100% bad I think.  He didn't go so far as to read them as scum or read them as town, this read on Beppi the night before Beppi died is very ambiguous.

Why has conversation in this game just plummeted?  I know I haven't been around but it seems like everyone is dead set on me/sally or me/hilda being scum?  And what happens when I flip town?  Everyone wasted a whole day phase doing fuck all and scum gets a free kill since doctor is now dead?  This game overall has been a fairly slow/non-talkitive game but jesus, there's been like 1.5-2 pages in this day phase and most of it is just like "Yeah Baron/sally"  "Baron/Hilda?" "Maybe in that off chance Sally/Hilda?"  I know I'll flip town, I believe Hilda will flip town, what happens in that situation? Town just gets fucked because they stopped talking?

12 minutes ago, Baroness Von Bon Bon said:

Why has conversation in this game just plummeted?  I know I haven't been around but it seems like everyone is dead set on me/sally or me/hilda being scum?  And what happens when I flip town?  Everyone wasted a whole day phase doing fuck all and scum gets a free kill since doctor is now dead?  This game overall has been a fairly slow/non-talkitive game but jesus, there's been like 1.5-2 pages in this day phase and most of it is just like "Yeah Baron/sally"  "Baron/Hilda?" "Maybe in that off chance Sally/Hilda?"  I know I'll flip town, I believe Hilda will flip town, what happens in that situation? Town just gets fucked because they stopped talking?

Part of the issue is that you disappear for a while, with no indication on whether or not you're going to come back.  When you're a top scumread, it screeches the game to a halt.  So if you really are town, please make it a point to check back daily and say something.

35 minutes ago, Baroness Von Bon Bon said:

(snip)

Like, this (cut for brevity).

I explained my logic WRT Wally.  For Grim, I think I'm the only one that's solidly townreading him based off of that unvote.  Thanks for digging up the Hilda reads.

This burst of emotion reminds me of myself back in D1.  However, for Maria to be scum, you'll have to convince me that the debacle with Honeybottoms way back on page 15 or so was a bus.  My feelings about pursuing Grim right now are about as lukewarm as my feelings of lynching you before that post.

Now, I'm really not feeling your lynch, because your current reads are so very interesting.  My vote's on Sally anyway.  I really need to dig up those quotes by her, when I'm not about to be busy again.

True that's my fault.  I just recently started working again so I haven't been around as much.  If you are talking about Rumor V Cala when Cala stated they had been defending Rumor all game and Rumor attacking for that, couldn't that have been either one of two things:

Distancing, assuming that Rumor was already a top scum read with a lot of people scumreading them.

Rumor bussing Cala in case Cala get's lynched it looks better for Rumor who looked bad for a while.

Like all of this is WIFOM and I don't know why WIFOM has such a heavy place in this game.

A lot of people were town reading me for the spat at the end of day 1  and that's dumb.  A lot of people are town reading Grim for the unvote, which is easily one of the easiest things to fake in the world, it's not even faking an argument, it's literally faking one vote/unvote.  These are things that should be like "Yeah I liked that reaction." if you want, but it shouldn't be "100% TOWN WOULD NOT LYNCH CAUSE THEY UNVOTED AT L-1."

Another example of this is Beppi/hilda interaction that EVERYONE said was town/town, yet now Hilda is being read as a top scum read.  Why is Hilda/Beppi town/town turned into a town/scum and rumor/cala can't be considered scum/scum?

Cala is town because of their reaction under pressure and in general, none of their posts past mid D2 have really bothered me.  Maybe you explained it better in your big post that I still haven't read, but like...you're just handwaving Cala's interactions w/Rumor as distancing and I'm like ???.  You need to explain why it is distancing, not just be like "oh, well it COULD BE distancing idk man".  

I don't think Grim is town because of the unvote, just from them analyzing reads and rethinking them in a way that's really hard to naturally fake as scum.  For example, take what you quoted above.  That fits with "I initially backed off Beppi because he implied he was a power role", which makes sense because power roles aren't intrinsically townie.  Also you literally changed your case from "scumreading Beppi all day" to "he made an ambiguous read" which is ???.  Look, Grim is one of my weaker townreads, so I'm not even saying I'm fully convinced that he's town, but the way you're going about this case is very questionable.

I don't remember townreading Beppi/Hilda based on their interactions (I did think Hilda casing someone who was voting Beppi was townie, but I don't think that outweighs them doing fuck all and not being very proactive.  For me, Hilda is null who's lynchable because not a lot of other people make sense as scum to me).

I don't really know why people think grim's invite makes them less likely to be scum because "buying more time isn't in scum's interest" well yeah wouldn't grim know that though? obviously insta-hammering /keeping it on l-1 so rumor can hammer any time isn't going to look good on grim anyway so that's null to me 

nah I highly doubt Cala's is scum. Rumor definitely made a conscious decision to push her as her counterwagon. if this was a strategy for one of them to gain cred, I would imagine Cala would have voted Rumor back to escalate the argument between the two so that whoever survived would get super towncred. Not to mention that since Rumor was a Goon, her lynch would be less detrimental to the team than Cala's, assuming scum doesn't have two Goons.

I don't like Baroness's Grim vote. It's pretty clear that there's no contradiction in Grim's posts, because saying "still uncomfortable with the slot but I feel like it will sort itself out" is exactly what a townie would say if their top scumread heavily crumbed there was a PR. They would feel like they should probably give it up but they would be a bit hesitant to let go of the read that quickly. I feel like if Baroness was town they would have been like "oh I guess I was wrong about this but Grim is still scum because of X" instead of trying to continue spinning this as scummy.

As for the rest of Baroness's Grim case- it just feels kind of like cherrypicking? Okay, Grim has a bunch of posts where he's talking about peoples identities. So what? Even if that's fluff he still has a lot of other content and she doesn't really analyze it. She just picks out one or two things that stand out, out of some pretty big wallposts. The Hilda point is fair, but so what if Grim says he wouldn't lynch Kahl out of nowhere (cbf to find which post Baroness is talking about, but I'm guessing Grim said it in response to someone voting Kahl). What's scummy about that?

I also don't really buy the reasoning for voting Cala over Wally. He voted Cala because she had... MORE content??? Baroness didn't post content until about 48 hours into D2, and by that point Wally had posted lots, and had definitely had the opportunity to post enough content. If Baroness felt that Wally had less content at that point, that should have been another reason to vote Wally, not a reason to give him more time.

Also, I don't have a problem with you townreading Rumor because I was too. But I don't really understand why if that was the case you didn't really defend her much considering she was one of the main wagons?

Vanilla claim gives me some pause but I still think this is the best lynch

I tend to stick to my strongest d1 scumreads for a personal reason that's hard to explain but I realize that isn't optimal play and that there isn't hardly as much reason to think Cala is scum anymore as yesterday. still would rather lynch sally over baroness because I like sally's content a lot less. 

24 minutes ago, Captain Brineybeard said:

Baroness, what is your opinion about me?

I think you're more likely to be town but you aren't on the 100% cleared list.

Also I'm pretty sure I've gone over part of Grim's case's and post previously so I don't understand how it's only cherry-picking and I haven't gone over other things regarding him.

On the other note, what's exactly wrong with cherry-picking?  That lost anonygame where SB was scum, he was viewed as town for basically the whole game, pretty sure he would have really only been caught if you specifically cherry-picked for scummy behavior.  Saying someone is cherry-picking should not be a refusal for a case.  The other side of the argument is not that I'm cherry-picking but that I'm specifically looking for the things that ARE scummy, since ANYONE technically can fake a case or act town, even if they are scum.

45 minutes ago, Captain Brineybeard said:

I also don't really buy the reasoning for voting Cala over Wally. He voted Cala because she had... MORE content??? Baroness didn't post content until about 48 hours into D2, and by that point Wally had posted lots, and had definitely had the opportunity to post enough content. If Baroness felt that Wally had less content at that point, that should have been another reason to vote Wally, not a reason to give him more time.

Also, I don't have a problem with you townreading Rumor because I was too. But I don't really understand why if that was the case you didn't really defend her much considering she was one of the main wagons?

WRT the second part, I am not generally an advent of outwardly defending people crazily, I'd much rather look for other people and attempt to convince people to vote someone else while saying I don't really want to lynch my town read.  Which is what I did.

As for the first part you are partially right if I was voting with the incentive to pressure him to make more content, but if you look at day 2 Wally had already been a bit more active than day 1 and was posting.  It would be more right to say that I was just waiting for him to post more and more.  There is no reason to pressure vote someone to contribute if they are now contributing.  Thus I voted the person who I thought was more likely to flip scum at the point in time.

As a reference for everyone, THIS is when you disagree with someone.  Captain brineybeard disagree's with me and my opinion's thoughts on my voting process.  All of my cases on people are not because I disagree with them and the way it is presented should be obvious.

16 minutes ago, Baroness Von Bon Bon said:

As a reference for everyone, THIS is when you disagree with someone.  Captain brineybeard disagree's with me and my opinion's thoughts on my voting process.  All of my cases on people are not because I disagree with them and the way it is presented should be obvious.

hey I know you're frustrated especially with how the game's been going but can you try not to be condescending in this way. if I'm ever this way in the future you can let me know too