Cuphead In: Don't Deal With the Mafia (Game Over)

Aizen

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Wally Warbles said:

Cala/Rumor interactions are much more indicative imo than making bad cases and general processes and stuff.

HOW THE FUCK ARE THOSE INTERACTIONS DEFINITE?  This literally makes no sense when both were viewed in entirely different aspects.

Cala as town: Town reads Rumor and gets pushed as a potential counter wagon against rumor

Cala as scum: Town reads Rumor as a buddy and gets pushed by Rumor as a distancing factor assuming he was already looking TERRIBLE to the majority of players day 2.  Or if the push went towards Cala as a lynch it's town cred for Rumor.

Like you cannot just say that interaction is town 100% and I DO NOT understand or agree with it.

Just now, Baroness Von Bon Bon said:

Like can someone explain to me why Cala is town with ANYTHING not rumor/cala interactions, that ALSO factors in her scummy day 2 and her terrible Hilda push day 2.

See, I didn't think her D2 was all that scummy to agree with and don't think the vote on Hilda makes sense from a scum PoV.  Like, assuming the argument w/Rumor early on was scum distancing from each other, why didn't Cala go the full distance and vote her?  What's the point of distancing but then voting someone that no one was interested in lynching?

people have been way more explicit in saying why Cala is town than just "they don't look like scumbuddy interactions" >_>

Rumor was under pressure early D2 and she chose to push Cala as her counterwagon over other available options. you can't just dismiss interactions cuz they're not convenient for you.

On one hand, this is finally interesting.

On the other hand, I'm having problems staying awake because of some stuff earlier today.

If Sally isn't being lynched, someone tell me now, before I fall asleep and miss deadline.

HOW THE FUCK ARE THOSE INTERACTIONS DEFINITE?  This literally makes no sense when both were viewed in entirely different aspects.

Cala as town: Town reads Rumor and gets pushed as a potential counter wagon against rumor

Cala as scum: Town reads Rumor as a buddy and gets pushed by Rumor as a distancing factor assuming he was already looking TERRIBLE to the majority of players day 2.  Or if the push went towards Cala as a lynch it's town cred for Rumor.

Like you cannot just say that interaction is town 100% and I DO NOT understand or agree with it.

this happened early in D2. it wasn't locked in that the wagons for that day had to be Cala/Rumor; Rumor's vote pushed it towards that. I think Cala had more votes than Rumor at the time Rumor made the vote too.

3 minutes ago, Dr. Kahl said:

What are your thoughts on Cala/Rumor interactions?  It feels like you always brush it off with "could be scum/scum still" when asked but you never really elaborate on it unless I forgot something.

I've commented on this before and I still think it's scum/scum.  I don't know how you're saying I haven't elaborated on it.

1 minute ago, Dr. Kahl said:

See, I didn't think her D2 was all that scummy to agree with and don't think the vote on Hilda makes sense from a scum PoV.  Like, assuming the argument w/Rumor early on was scum distancing from each other, why didn't Cala go the full distance and vote her?  What's the point of distancing but then voting someone that no one was interested in lynching?

That's interesting considering the Hilda vote was terrible and is an easy vote for scum to push on.  The slot seemed fairly new or inexperienced.  That's something that scum pushes a lot of times.  "Why didn't Cala go full distance and vote her?" Cause Cala doing a complete 180 is terrible when looking at it happen.  Unless there is a reason for her to swap her read from townreading Rumor to scumreading rumor it would generally have to be more than the fact that Rumor was pushing Cala.  Don't understand the last question.

1 minute ago, Captain Brineybeard said:

people have been way more explicit in saying why Cala is town than just "they don't look like scumbuddy interactions" >_>

Rumor was under pressure early D2 and she chose to push Cala as her counterwagon over other available options. you can't just dismiss interactions cuz they're not convenient for you.

So far most of the arguments in response to me asking haven't been as such.  I'm also not dismissing the interaction but you also can't just say that it was a distancing factor BECAUSE of the fact that they were under pressure early D2.  They could have easily just gone "I'm probably getting lynched today and you're town reading me so let's try to make it look better for you."

Just now, Captain Brineybeard said:

@Dr. Kahl what is your grim case?

ngl most of what's bothering me is his last post which felt scummy af, his followup read as scum being mad about town being right for the wrong reasons (which uh...is entirely possible whoops, i tend to do that), his interactions w/rumor, i feel like he hasn't done much this game besides push baroness.

2 minutes ago, Captain Brineybeard said:

this happened early in D2. it wasn't locked in that the wagons for that day had to be Cala/Rumor; Rumor's vote pushed it towards that. I think Cala had more votes than Rumor at the time Rumor made the vote too.

Picture it from the perspective of scum then:

Rumor under early pressure and having what seems to be a lack of overall scum reads and pressure.  They could either push someone else entirely and it possibly go nowhere or just make them look worse, or they could potentially push their buddy who is town reading them in thread.  Doing the second option could end in two situations: One where Cala gets lynched and Rumor looks way better from that perspective, or the other one where Rumor gets lynched and Cala doesn't look as bad for town reading/defending them D2.  Alternatively BOTH cases could end up flopping and Day 2 could have moved on potentially with neither of them being lynched depending on how outside interactions had happened with other people.

1 minute ago, Baroness Von Bon Bon said:

I've commented on this before and I still think it's scum/scum.  I don't know how you're saying I haven't elaborated on it.

That's interesting considering the Hilda vote was terrible and is an easy vote for scum to push on.  The slot seemed fairly new or inexperienced.  That's something that scum pushes a lot of times.  "Why didn't Cala go full distance and vote her?" Cause Cala doing a complete 180 is terrible when looking at it happen.  Unless there is a reason for her to swap her read from townreading Rumor to scumreading rumor it would generally have to be more than the fact that Rumor was pushing Cala.  Don't understand the last question.

Yeah, but why do you think it's scum/scum?  What makes it more likely to be scum than town?

Man, no one would bat an eye if Cala voted Rumor for making a shitty vote on her.  Makes it look more natural and like town.  I'll rephrase the last question.  If Cala was trying to distance from Rumor while also voting away from Rumor, why did she pick Hilda, someone people had largely cooled off on?

if they were thinking "let's bus each other to get one of us towncred" then why wouldn't Cala vote Rumor too? Why push that over Hilda? feels like you've just decided Cala is scum based on other stuff and are trying to get their interactions to fit into that view rather than actually letting it change your view

Just now, Wally Warbles said:

Oh I don't feel good about this lynch at all.

Which one?  And who would you rather lynch?

I'm in the background, because my energy ATM is concentrated on keeping myself awake.  I refuse to see NL today.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Kahl said:

Yeah, but why do you think it's scum/scum?  What makes it more likely to be scum than town?

Man, no one would bat an eye if Cala voted Rumor for making a shitty vote on her.  Makes it look more natural and like town.  I'll rephrase the last question.  If Cala was trying to distance from Rumor while also voting away from Rumor, why did she pick Hilda, someone people had largely cooled off on?

Why is it more likely to be scum/town alternatively?  There have been games before where people, AS SCUM, have cased, AS SCUM, their own scum buddies or pressured them when under pressure.  IT MAKES THE SCUM CASE SEEM MORE REALISTIC, ORIGINAL, AND GENUINE.  If people have issues faking cases they can easily do this in an attempt to make their cases seem like it's from a town perspective.

Why did she vote Hilda?  Because SF has been known for lynching people who don't do much, people who are inexperienced and acting scummy because of it is something SF has, and probably will, continue lynching for.  By brushing that off you are literally just ignoring a pretty big part of SF's meta as a whole.

Just now, Captain Brineybeard said:

if they were thinking "let's bus each other to get one of us towncred" then why wouldn't Cala vote Rumor too? Why push that over Hilda? feels like you've just decided Cala is scum based on other stuff and are trying to get their interactions to fit into that view rather than actually letting it change your view

Because you can't just swap a read on a complete 180 normally.  Most of the time that happens people ask questions about it and it draws bad attention towards you.  Also as the day moved on there was easily a chance of them getting the votes off of them.  People had backed off of Rumor for a while until Wally posted his inspect on them.  You can't just assume interactions are 100% going to be a specific way.  That same argument you are using against me can be used against you: It feels like you've just decided Cala is town and are just making their interactions fit your view.

2 minutes ago, Wally Warbles said:

##Vote: Baroness

Turbo??????? Don't really want to lynch Grim and not sure if scum!Sally would've just sat back and let this happen.

Literally doing nothing outside of a cop inspect.  Fucking please.

Get your turbo havin' ass outta here.  You've been more inactive than me and that's saying something.  Fucking using your Roleblock as a reason to claim demotivated and post jack all of shit.

your argument is literally just PEOPLE BUS and then when people say "yeah but this doesn't look like a bus" you just say PEOPLE BUS again

I was literally voting Cala for the first half of Day 2 lol; I changed my view away from thinking she was scum due to the interactions. Also, Cala made the decision to vote Hilda instead of Rumor before people were moving off Rumor...

Literally doing nothing outside of a cop inspect.  Fucking please.

Get your turbo havin' ass outta here.  You've been more inactive than me and that's saying something.  Fucking using your Roleblock as a reason to claim demotivated and post jack all of shit.

I understand being angry.  But seriously, tone it down.   I have enough to deal with ATM.