How would you twist a classic FE convention?

Corrobin

5 hours ago, Soledai said:

I thought about story presentation like this too. I dunno if you've played games like Live a Live, Brigandine, or Dragon Force, but I was thinking along those lines. I think you could feasibly have permadeath present, could be a bit tricky though..

No, but I was inspired by SRW for that one. You know, games of the series like Alpha Gaiden or Compact that don't have a central protagonist, so the story doesn't really focus on anyone in general, outside of whenever a series' plot has its turn on the spotlight. OF course, SRW can pull it off since no one dies there unless the plot says so, so they can afford to give everyone story participation at any point.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

14 hours ago, Thane said:

Sane dragons.

That just makes me think of this:

Spoiler

fqyYSd0.png

Is vérÿ güdë drägònë.  No hurtë de peoples.  Only fren.

18 hours ago, vanguard333 said:

2. The priest is a large buff guy who everyone thinks would make a better fighter than a priest, much to his confusion (as he doesn't realize that they think that because of his muscles). 

AKA, what Moulder the Boulder should have been.

Okay, an addendum to one of my previous proposals.

How about we play as good manaketes against evil humans?  You play out the whole manakete war story from legends that's in every FE game, but the dragons aren't actually bad.  Give us more of a reason to sympathize with those like Grima or Medeus who despise humans.