EarthBound: What Is Giygas?

uguu

*Insert random crap here that I posted but has to do with the topic I was posting in on the FanBoys forums* Anyways, the theory that the Giygas fight was based off an abortion makes sense. As the looks of the area before you fight look like... something that I'd rather not say. And then while you fight him you can see his image going crazy (but becoming slightly more clear) and after you beat him you see this:

I'm linking it as who knows how inappropriate Vincent could think of it

But Gigyas also appears in Mother 1. It's a good explanation, but it makes no sense when you take the whole story into account.
That can be explained easily, don't forget this little conversation:

Dr. Andonuts: "Giygas is attacking from our exact location, but he is attacking from many years in the past."

Apple Kid: "You must warp to the past and fight"

Followed by other crap that isn't really important right now (it's important in-game though).

That makes it apparent that you're actually traveling back in time before the events of Mother to stop Giygas from ever being born. The events of Mother happened before EarthBound though (of course) meaning that assuming Ness, Poo, Paula, and Jeff would have to exist before going back in time, the events of Mother would have to happen at some point in time. This also brings to question the identity of Buzz Buzz, although I've heard a theory of it being Ninten, there's never been any actual evidence to back this up.

So yeah, discuss.

well uh, i'd love to discuss, but earthbound isn't too big here in the states, or anywhere else (except japan), so i dont know much about it

It is not a theory, it is true. The creator of the game said that it was based off of a traumatic moment he had when he was a kid. Apparently, he went to the movie theater and accidently saw a rape scene. More detail can be found on the Earthbound Wikipedia page, but I cannot link it cuz I'm typing on my Wii.

well uh, I'd love to discuss, but earthbound isn't too big here in the states, or anywhere else (except japan), so i dont know much about it

Super 'Tendo Emulator+EarthBound rom=Fun. Play it. NOW. It's one of the best RPGs known to man.

It is not a theory, it is true. The creator of the game said that it was based off of a traumatic moment he had when he was a kid. Apparently, he went to the movie theater and accidently saw a rape scene. More detail can be found on the Earthbound Wikipedia page, but I cannot link it cuz I'm typing on my Wii.

Who DOESN'T know that? But the point is he never said that it was based on an abortion, although if you pay attention to Giygas' dialouge sounds like rape if you pay attention. It's just that there's a huge difference between being based off a rape scene and an abortion.

It's Japan only, so no not really. It would help clear some un-important things up, but it would probably just confuse you more than if you had just played EarthBound.

Yeah. It does, but then again, what kind of non-linear RPG doesn't?

Good point.

Also, the dialouge in this game is genius.

"Why is the road to Twoson closed? An emergency, of course. At times like this, kids like you should be playing Nintendo games."

Just made it to Threed, and by now I can imagine that the Fourth Wall has been shattered into little tiny bits.

Good point.

Also, the dialouge in this game is genius.

"Why is the road to Twoson closed? An emergency, of course. At times like this, kids like you should be playing Nintendo games."

Just made it to Threed, and by now I can imagine that the Fourth Wall has been shattered into little tiny bits.

That's the part at the police station, correct? That part was funny... until I got to kill police, then it was hilarious! Also, Ness's name is similair to NES, amirite or amirite?

Strange coincidence, or clever wordplay? The world may never know.

"Lets get together again in another 10 years or so."

Andonuts is such a terrible father. I also found it funny how the cop tells you to come down to the police station, then leaves. Onett must be on the honor system.

In Onett there are 2 people who talk about EarthBound as a video game! Someone in the police station says he's stuck and someone on the East side of town asks if it's out yet! Weird, huh?

not the strangest thing.

it happened in Megaman 64, and in the 1st gen pokemon games.

Perhaps, but you don't see this sort of thing in modern day games... It's one of those things that makes you appreciate the classics.

If you say yes to the guy blocking the door to Frank instead of No (in which case you fight him) he says you can't join because you haven't played enough Nintendo games. >_>

If you say yes to the guy blocking the door to Frank instead of No (in which case you fight him) he says you can't join because you haven't played enough Nintendo games. >_>

Damn, it must be revenge for the fact that I was a Genesis fan as a kid. =/

Also...

Roms might be illegal, yes, but honestly, does anyone really fucking care?

QFT dawg, QFT (Line not stolen from Hikarusa.)

Mother doesn't use the same health system as EarthBound and you can't use your whole party plus it's story isn't the most awesome, and they're currently translating a Mother 3 rom, so you'll have to get EarthBound.