More free main story heroes?

Midnox

I wish they would've made Gunthra free like they did with Fjorm, and then released her banner because A) she's got the Wind Blessing boost and B) her kit was pretty unique and interesting at the time. We'll never get free Gunthra now probably because it just would just be like a big screw you to the people who pulled for her because they thought she wasn't free.

We're getting Veronica as a free main story hero so cheers to that, but if we're talking about outside of Brave Heroes and just free for the sake of it, then I hope we get Laegjarn. However, Laegjarn's weapon seems way too powerful just to be given for free (it's the same kind of weapon effect I thought of before her release so I could make a broken Ophelia concept-hero), same with Laevaetin, so I doubt that we'll get them either.

So yeah, I don't think we're getting any more ordinary free main story heroes for a while now.

Ugh.  Now I have to choose between Brave Celica and Brave Veronica.  I strongly doubt we'll be getting anything for free where story characters are concerned.  The Fjorm giveaway was a nice taste of the Blessings features and L!Ike was a kind gift too, but I doubt they'd spoil us like this, it'll get in the way of their cash flow.

6 hours ago, Selena4Lyfe said:

Ugh.  Now I have to choose between Brave Celica and Brave Veronica.  I strongly doubt we'll be getting anything for free where story characters are concerned.  The Fjorm giveaway was a nice taste of the Blessings features and L!Ike was a kind gift too, but I doubt they'd spoil us like this, it'll get in the way of their cash flow.

I'm sure doing it all the time would put a dent, but to be fair I don't think whale's pulling 9 copies of a character instead of 10 doesn't break the bank, even if it does mean a lot of minnows and dolphins might not spend.

@Ae†her You really think so? It always seemed like something that was more useful for an enemy than a player unit to me. To get much benefit from it you have to be fighting highly buffed units, which with her stats she's not exactly a killer unit on her own. IIRC, she's basically +SPD Palla. Then again I just realized I don't remember if they're in combat buffs or not.

EDIT: Just realized it wouldn't make any sense for it to not be a combat buff, which that + normal buffs would make her pretty impressive, even with her meh overall stats.

Edited by bottlegnomes

On 4/2/2018 at 10:54 PM, bottlegnomes said:

I'm sure doing it all the time would put a dent, but to be fair I don't think whale's pulling 9 copies of a character instead of 10 doesn't break the bank, even if it does mean a lot of minnows and dolphins might not spend.

@Ae†her You really think so? It always seemed like something that was more useful for an enemy than a player unit to me. To get much benefit from it you have to be fighting highly buffed units, which with her stats she's not exactly a killer unit on her own. IIRC, she's basically +SPD Palla. Then again I just realized I don't remember if they're in combat buffs or not.

EDIT: Just realized it wouldn't make any sense for it to not be a combat buff, which that + normal buffs would make her pretty impressive, even with her meh overall stats.

Are you talking about Laegjarn, Laevaetin, Veronic or Gunthra? lol Because all of them are pretty useful, and Laegjarn and Laevaetin after one Ephraim buff would be unstoppable (except by Panic Ploy). If Laegjarn just gets one Atk Tactic buff that's Atk+9 and Spd/Def/Res+3 as well.

Edited by Ae†her

54 minutes ago, Ae†her said:

Are you talking about Laegjarn, Laevaetin, Veronic or Gunthra? lol Because all of them are pretty useful, and Laegjarn and Laevaetin after one Ephraim buff would be unstoppable (except by Panic Ploy). If Laegjarn just gets one Atk Tactic buff that's Atk+9 and Spd/Def/Res+3 as well.

Laevatainn and Gunnthra no disagreement on what so ever. I don't think Ronni would be bad even now; from what I remember she had good stats, just her weapon is now underwhelming.

I was talking about Laegjarn. I took the description to mean that she gets half the enemy's boosts, so if she's fighting Ayra with a def tactic boost, she gets +3 to all stats. If that is the case, her with buffs is decent, but she'd need to be fighting some pretty buffed enemies to really get the most out of her weapon, which puts her at an innate disadvantage since it relies on the enemies being already stronger than neutral and I believe only takes into account field buffs.

Edited by bottlegnomes

10 hours ago, bottlegnomes said:

Laevatainn and Gunnthra no disagreement on what so ever. I don't think Ronni would be bad even now; from what I remember she had good stats, just her weapon is now underwhelming.

I was talking about Laegjarn. I took the description to mean that she gets half the enemy's boosts, so if she's fighting Ayra with a def tactic boost, she gets +3 to all stats. If that is the case, her with buffs is decent, but she'd need to be fighting some pretty buffed enemies to really get the most out of her weapon, which puts her at an innate disadvantage since it relies on the enemies being already stronger than neutral and I believe only takes into account field buffs.

Oh no you're right. My bad, I was reading the description wrong this entire time xP.

Edit: That being said it's still pretty good of a weapon effect for Arena. Almost Sieglinde tier level kind of stuff, and Eirika is a free unit so that means, Laegjarn is not too powerful that she absolutely has to be kept from being a free unit? 

Edited by Ae†her

@Ae†her I do really hope so. She'd be awesome to have. Thinking about it, yeah, she'd be pretty great at higher levels of arena. Against full emblem buffs, that's +12 to every stat which is nuts. I feel like she'd be really freaking good in certain situations and then decent but not great everywhere else. Here's to hoping she's not considered OP enough for IS to not make her free.