Fire Emblem with Valkyria Chronicles Gameplay

Gemini-Saga

That's an interesting idea, Valkyria Chronicles is certainly a fun enough game to make a suitable model. Adjustments would be necessary to to make up for the fact that a lot of Fire Emblem weapons are used for melee combat, but the general concept could hypothetically lend itself to a very fun and unique Fire Emblem title.

Yup, Using the Wii Remote to Aim the Arrows/Magic could be cool.

Well it will need some work for the double atacks and how much each unit will walk.

Same for how hits and Miss will happen if the char will be able to block depending on the class etc...

I think this is something that could give FE a good evolution...

Ah yes, Valkyria Chronicles. The sole reason I'd get a PS3 when the prices went down.

It might feel odd to see a Fire Emblem game play like that, but I can see it fitting. The only thing is that it's possible to be knocked out just by running around, which would make the perma-death system a real pain in the neck to do. "Hey, I'm going to position myself just right around this corner so I can do a sneak attack on this g- oh my god a random archer just killed me". That'd get annoying.

Edited by The Blind Archer

The thread is about whether or not the Fire Emblem series could be fit to the gameplay of Valkyria Chronicles, and if it would potentially be interesting to play. I don't believe your immediate opinion that you don't find Valkyria Chronicles a visually appealing game is relevant because you did not relate it to the aforementioned topic. My previous response was also directed towards The Blind Archer's response.

Well it will need some work for the double atacks and how much each unit will walk.

Same for how hits and Miss will happen if the char will be able to block depending on the class etc...

Hits and misses could be loosely decided by the size of the target circle. I'm not sure if there would be as easy a solution for character speed other than perhaps introducing varying cooldown delays. A deeper mechanical change might be necessary to accommodate that. Edited by Wist