Ross

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RNG stands for Random Number Generator, which determines everything in a Fire Emblem game from stats when leveling up to hit/miss %s. RNG Goddess is a nickname for it.

Edited by Flynn Scifo

Not falling asleep.

Probably Phantom Ship and Last Hope if you want to fully optimize them. Maybe Father and Son due to L'Arachel having to run to Rennac while everyone around you gets statused.

Hardest part of the game. Not the hardest chapters.

Axe Users aren't really common come the latter half of the game. It's mainly composed of monsters. The only monsters that wield weapons are Bonewalkers, who can only wield bows, swords, and lances. 15% Critical works on everyone.

Ross has lolhit as well, and if he faces WTD... more lol, since he also won't be able to utulize that Crt if he doesn't hit.

Hardest part of the game. Not the hardest chapters.

Ross has lolhit as well, and if he faces WTD... more lol, since he also won't be able to utulize that Crt if he doesn't hit.

Ross doesn't have lolhit. He has 112~ hit with an Iron Axe, and since enemies have lolavoid in this game, he's hitting 90% of the time.

Ross has a better chance of hitting things with swords, giving Hero Ross a slight edge over Berserker Ross, I'd say.

And he gets by Axereavers and annoying sword users. Not to mention having access to EVERY sword.

short essay on why hero ross > others so you can all get angry at me for assuming things and tell me to gtfo and go to the debating board

Ross is slow. He needs all the Spd he can get. That eliminates Warrior, since the promo gives +0 Spd, where the others give +2. That leaves Berserker vs Hero. The problem with Berserker is that there's only one Ocean Seal within a reasonable time frama, and Colm wants it, and a lot sooner than Ross (he joins at an actual positive level a mere one chapter later, and has an EXP bonus himself, so Ross never catches up). So if Ross promotes with that Ocean Seal, he gets in the way for Ocean Seal.

Leaves us with Hero, and Ross really doesn't mind. He doesn't hit 26 Str (the point where the Str cap hinders him) before the game is over, unless you use a really small amount of units. And up until he hits that, Hero is better. Swords are more useful than 15% critical. You can still use your fancy Killer Axes (and Killing Edges) and crit nearly as often, but you also get to resort to more Hit if you want, and attack Swordmasters and shit, as well as use the Brave Sword for more double attackness.

And he gets by Axereavers and annoying sword users. Not to mention having access to EVERY sword.

Too bad Berserker Ross has 10 more Strength, ad 15% Critical. With all the money you get, it's a cinch to get Killer Axes, especially with the Secret Shop in Chapter 14 on both modes. Also, Ocean Seals are purchasable in that chapter, so promoting him isn't a problem.

@ Mekkah:

It's not impossible that Ross won't hit 10/20 by the time the Secret Shop (And second Ocean Seal) appears, so promoting's not a huge problem. Swords aren't exactly more useful than 15% Critical considering the all the monsters in the game. Killer Axes get his critical up to 40~50-ish against such monsters, which is really, really useful. About Swordmasters, Swordslayers. Also, there's a Brave Axe, too.

Edited by Flynn Scifo

Too bad Berserker Ross has 10 more Strength, ad 15% Critical. With all the money you get, it's a cinch to get Killer Axes, especially with the Secret Shop in Chapter 14 on both modes. Also, Ocean Seals are purchasable in that chapter, so promoting him isn't a problem.

Ocean Seals are stil hard to come by unless you're willing to dump 10 grand for one. Plus, Colm needs one.

I've always had Ross as a Berserker and he's a monster with insane critical and strength

Garcia is like Nolan for me. Neither of them never have enough strength for me

Slap a Killer Axe on him and watch him solo the final chapters.

Pretty much anyone can do that once at a decent level.

Garcia is like Nolan for me. Neither of them never have enough strength for me

Considering Garcia has the highest STR growth in the game (aside from Myrhh) I find that an interesting dose of bad luck for you. Nolan himself has a very reasonable growth (he capped STR on 2nd and 3rd tier for me last time, so I guess that's just luck).

As for Ross, in a game with a number of characters were are strong to overpowered, Ross suffers from coming underleveled, poor SPD and just general lowish growths/base only offset by a few extra levels, which are more of an annoyance than anything else.

Ross might be a capable character (most in this game are, after all) but hardly overpowered or anything like that.

Silver Card. Secret Shop. Huge amounts of money in the game and no Funds rank.

The only usable Seekrit Shop is Chapter 14's, which is before the Silver Card is obtained. Chapter 19 needs to be completed quickly to save the Armour Knights, so using its Secret Shop is unlikely.

Ross has abysmal speed growths. I've been screwed with him there way more often than I've been blessed. It doesn't matter a whole lot because he one-shots everything (especially if he supports his dad), but it's worth noting.

I like him.

Ross has abysmal speed growths. I've been screwed with him there way more often than I've been blessed. It doesn't matter a whole lot because he one-shots everything (especially if he supports his dad), but it's worth noting.

I like him.

Yeah, using one of them usually merits using the other. RossxGarcia support is pretty great. And you can always have Garcia S bows and use Nidhogg if you're worried about two Axe guys. :P

But then Garcia is forced to spam bows (and he starts with an E in it after promoting) and can only use axes very sparingly. That really hurts you more than it helps.

The Random Number Generator randomly decides when stats go up, if you hit, if you critical, etc.
RNG stands for Random Number Generator, which determines everything in a Fire Emblem game from stats when leveling up to hit/miss %s. RNG Goddess is a nickname for it.

Thank you, now I remember, it also depends on witch space you hit, with what weapon you hit, ect.

My current playthrough, Ross has Garcia B, Amelia A. Garcia A belongs to Gilliam.

The 4 of them steamroll. Gilliam takes the hit in the face and laughs because it tickles, Amelia finishes that one off, if there's more guys, Garcia bows it (he's been speed blessed so it's hilarious watching 30 damage hits twice in a row) and Ross goes to nuke something with his Killer Axe.

It's been pretty funny.

I despise Bows. They just plain suck. Really, they have a fixed, one-space-wide range, which is just crap. That means that they can't attack in front of them, and rely heavily on formations, and they aren't flexible, either. I like to have a spread-out, flexible formation rush into all the enemies.

While normal units dish out loads of damage in front of them and don't take much damage, bow users are stuck hiding behind other units. Any mage is better than a bow user since they have the best of both worlds, while archers are stuck with the worst.

Bows users are only good if the game is called "Radiant Dawn."