Who deserves to be in the game the most?

Jotari

4 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

Saias, yo.

I actually realized that mistake, but Serenes pulled the whole "This ten minute comment is too old to edit," scthick with me.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It is an inexplicable issue that Awakening still doesn't have its big baddies though, since Validar aside, they aren't terrible.

I mean, we do have two Grimas at this point.

On 6/7/2018 at 8:58 AM, Xenomata said:

I fail to remember who brought it up, but someone mentioned the Hasha no Tsurugi manga and its "lord", Al, as well as other manga original characters.

And while I don't really know anything about Cipher, there may be some lord-like nonsense somewhere in there. There's plenty of loopholes for this game to exploit if they really wanted to.

Well, Al is often criticized for stealing the spotlight and being a flat character. Regardless, I think he, and the other two may have a spot in the game. Their weapons appeared in Binding Blade, and they are part of the Cipher  for what I understand

Regarding interesting class or weapon combos, I think the following characters should get in (and yes, almost all of them stand no real chance for the foreseeable future).

*Yukimura for Knife Cavalry

*Reina for Flying Bow (yeah we already have Hinoka, but more variety is needed, Hinoka can remain in the five star pool and Reina can fill out the four star).

*Emperor Alvis for Armoured Red Mage (once again, we have Christmas Tharja, but more variety would be welcome).

*Reptor or Bloom for Armoured Blue Mage.

*There's no notable armoured wind or light mage in the series, so I'd retool Jedah as an Armoured Green Mage (he looks bulky enough to be classes as an armoured, it might break the whole Red Tomes=Dark Magic idea, but Gaiden has Black Magic, not dark magic, good enough distinction for me. Plus they could do something interesting with his damage evasion ability).

*Xavier for Armoured Bows.

*Elphin on a horse for Mounted Refresher (yes he doesn't come on a horse in his own game, but he allegedly fell of a horse once and that's good enough justification for me).

*Rudolf for either armoured Falchion user or mounted Falchion user.

*Duma for Armoured Red Breath.

*Nagi with a breath weapon that deals effective damage to dragons (Divine Dragons have effective damage in Archanea and Elibe games, Nagi also comes with a Falchion so she seems the perfect choice, plus Tiki and Fae are already in the game). Preferably a Blue Breath unit as we're missing that from dragon slaying weapons.

*Dean from Thracia 776 with the Dragonpike as another blue dragon slaying alternative.

Edited by Jotari

On 6/8/2018 at 3:04 AM, Cysx said:

I mean, we do have two Grimas at this point.

True, although the only difference is some genitalia now worthless to them. (If you become a god in some capacity, standard natural reproduction is no longer necessary.) And they both happen to be visually just Robin, which makes them not so distinctively villainous. 

6 minutes ago, Jotari said:

he allegedly fell of a horse once and that's good enough justification for me).

He did fall off the horse, the difference between public lie and secret truth is in what caused it and what resulted. Lie- accident and Elffin died. Truth- poisoned arrows from assassins struck horse and rider, Elffin survives on the brink of death for months and temporarily looses eyesight from time to time.

1 minute ago, Jotari said:

*Dean from Thracia 776 with the Dragonpike as another blue dragon slaying alternative.

That isn't the Dragonspear's (or Dragon Lance, or Dragonpike, or scaleypokeystick if you want to call it that) effect in Thracia though. It is Brave + Vantage, something replicable in FEH. The only issue is that in FEH, Brave and Vantage work on opposite phases, for good reason. Quick Riposte might be able to serve as a decent substitute though. Brave + QR would be really good I guess.

And who says weapons with effects have to keep them if possible in FEH.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

True, although the only difference is some genitalia now worthless to them. (If you become a god in some capacity, standard natural reproduction is no longer necessary.) And they both happen to be visually just Robin, which makes them not so distinctively villainous. 

He did fall off the horse, the difference between public lie and secret truth is in what caused it and what resulted. Lie- accident and Elffin died. Truth- poisoned arrows from assassins struck horse and rider, Elffin survives on the brink of death for months and temporarily looses eyesight from time to time.

That isn't the Dragonspear's (or Dragon Lance, or Dragonpike, or scaleypokeystick if you want to call it that) effect in Thracia though. It is Brave + Vantage, something replicable in FEH. The only issue is that in FEH, Brave and Vantage work on opposite phases, for good reason. Quick Riposte might be able to serve as a decent substitute though. Brave + QR would be really good I guess.

And who says weapons with effects have to keep them if possible in FEH.

Exactly my train of thought. I wouldn't object to it being a brave weapon and a dragon slayer, but the most important thing is to get a blue dragon slaying weapon on the field, the fact that it doesn't have that effect in Thracia is pretty ancillary (so long as it shares the same name as the common dragon slaying spear in the series, which I think it does but it's Japanese so who knows? Eckesachs doesn't have distant counter so it's not as weird as that at any rate).

Edited by Jotari

1 minute ago, Jotari said:

Exactly my train of thought. I wouldn't object to it being a brave weapon and a dragon slayer, but the most important thing is to get a blue dragon slaying weapon on the field, the fact that it doesn't have that effect in Thracia is pretty ancillary (so long as it shares the same name as the common dragon slaying spear in the series).

That actually gets me thinking Cormag would be good for this for some reason. Mostly because when it comes to killing Valter, nobody is more narratively suited for the job than Cormag is you could easily argue, particularly on Eirika's route where he wants revenge for Glen. And what does Cormag use to kill Valter with but the Dragonspear? It can rend him in three shots.