I've finally made peace with a demon I've been wrestling with for 14 years.

Slumber

3 hours ago, Infinite Dreams said:

I've always secretly liked MCR.  :wub:

Edit: Holy shit, what.  It just sunk in that 2004 was 14 years ago, wow.

I was a senior in high school in 2004.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/21/2018 at 1:12 PM, Corrobin said:

While we're going into this, I should mention the lineage of MCR goes back a bit. Their most immediate predecessors are the 90's punk bands (Good Charlotte, Sum 41, blink-182), which themselves stem from Green Day, and before them, we had stuff like The Ramones, The Clash, The Sex Pistols, and so forth.

The funny thing about pop-punk is that punk rock officially arguably started as pop-punk.

The Ramones were kind of the first punk band that was branded as such(Artists like Iggy Pop, MC5, and The New York Dolls were defining the look, sound and attitude for nearly a decade prior), and they were poppy as shit. It didn't take very long for the Ramones to hit prominence and for people to run with the sound and make it much heavier and more like how we think of punk these days, but those early days? The Ramones are about as light and fluffy as punk rock ever has been.

Then the Descendents started making a name for themselves in the mid-80s and cemented pop-punk as its own genre, which is more where Green Day got inspiration from.

On 8/24/2018 at 11:59 PM, Junkhead said:

I just listened to Elena, Destroya and House of Wolves. They were all great,

Destroya is godlike. @me

House of Wolves is one of my favorites, though something about Dead! just hits me the most out of anything off of that album.

On 9/2/2018 at 4:56 AM, Infinite Dreams said:

Edit: Holy shit, what.  It just sunk in that 2004 was 14 years ago, wow.

Welcome to your quarter-life crisis.

On 9/28/2018 at 11:42 PM, Corrobin said:

Also, I really like a lot of Danger Days songs.

The Kids From Yesterday is godlike, and so are Vampire Money and Summertime.

I just can't do Danger Days. It reminds me too much of what happened to a lot of other "edgy" bands from that era, and the more I think about it, the more I think disbanding MCR was probably for the best.

• 3 weeks later...