How many characters do I bring to the last level?

Destiny Hero

Do the other chapters actually matter to you? You're talking as if the game sucks because of half a chapter.

The last one. If the last level of a game is bad or overly restricting, then the game itself is just meh.

The last one. If the last level of a game is bad or overly restricting, then the game itself is just meh.

No offense, but that's quite a lot of bull. It's about the entire game, not half a chapter... Unless I am badly mistaken, which I doubt I am.

As long as you've raised your characters properly, and you know what to do and how you go about it, the number of units for a chapter shouldn't be a factor. A little hinderance, maybe, but not a major factor.

I play for fun. I realize that playing just to have fun is a very confusing thing for you people, but that's why I play Fire Emblem. Not to win or to be better than everyone else, but to have fun. And having almost no units to choose is no fun.

I play for fun. I realize that playing just to have fun is a very confusing thing for you people, but that's why I play Fire Emblem. Not to win or to be better than everyone else, but to have fun. And having almost no units to choose is no fun.

lol, n00b. Obviously you completly ignored all the posts about us playing for fun.

But it is fun to win too ;)

That's retarded, plain and simple. That's like saying Air was a bad anime because it's ending wasn't great, when it was actually a great anime. 7 choice units isn't even that bad; you may have to leave someone behind, but it's no big deal. I seriously suggest you stop playing Fire Emblem.

Mhm, yeah... seven spare spaces, besides Hector, Eliwood, Lyndis, Athos and Nils.

And... I never liked the ending to Clannad's movie because it got me somewhat upset, but it didn't make it a bad film. I loved every minute of it. The same applies to me for Fire Emblem, and it should to you as well.

Using all the characters you've raised would just make it much easier than it already is. Even for Hector Hard Mode.

That's retarded, plain and simple. That's like saying Air was a bad anime because it's ending wasn't great, when it was actually a great anime. 7 choice units isn't even that bad; you may have to leave someone behind, but it's no big deal. I seriously suggest you stop playing Fire Emblem.

Indeed. And if the Air metaphor doesn't convince you, then perhaps the death metaphor will.

What you're saying exactly like saying that you don't need to live, since you're going to die at the end anyway.

And having almost no units to choose is no fun.

I'd also like to say that this is very wrong. Part of the fun for me is experimenting with rosters whenever I have to restart until I find the one true roster that works for me best. Dropping one or two of your favorite units isn't gonna kill anyone; it's best that you treat it as an enlightenment should you have to start the chapter over again (and trust me, I started the final chapter of FE7 over again many times...)

Of course you play the game to have fun. However, to get the most fun out of the game, you're going to play the game without thinking about that last half of the final chapter, and then beat the final chapter as fast as you can, so that you can start another game and not have to worry about the final chapter for a long time again.

Wait a minute...

I think most, if not all of us play the game to have fun. >__<

You want to know why I always persevere through a good game to beat it? It's because it has a good story, is not boring, and it's to win. Why do I do it for those reasons? Because with a good story comes cool characters, lots of dramatic build up to fights in the game, I think it's pretty obvious why it being not boring is good, and winning is fun because it challenges you so much, and the game is so much fun, that you don't even mind losing as long as you eventually win in the end!

That's one of the main reasons for me loving the series so much, especially this game. It may not seem so hard to me now (at least its normal mode isn'), but back when I was three years younger, and it was my very first time playing, it was one of the most challenging games I've ever played. But I didn't even mind because as I played, the sound only got better and better, the story was becoming more dramatic and well told, and my units were so awesome!

And no, I think your reasoning for why this game stinks is just ridiculous. I actually like how they limit your units like that as a matter of fact, it forces you to really think about who gets to come along, and also, it always gives me a sort of "standing alone against a tide of darkness with only a token force behind me" feeling.

You want to know why I always persevere through a good game to beat it? It's because it has a good story, is not boring, and it's to win. Why do I do it for those reasons? Because with a good story comes cool characters, lots of dramatic build up to fights in the game, I think it's pretty obvious why it being not boring is good, and winning is fun because it challenges you so much, and the game is so much fun, that you don't even mind losing as long as you eventually win in the end!

That's one of the main reasons for me loving the series so much, especially this game. It may not seem so hard to me now (at least its normal mode isn'), but back when I was three years younger, and it was my very first time playing, it was one of the most challenging games I've ever played. But I didn't even mind because as I played, the sound only got better and better, the story was becoming more dramatic and well told, and my units were so awesome!

And no, I think your reasoning for why this game stinks is just ridiculous. I actually like how they limit your units like that as a matter of fact, it forces you to really think about who gets to come along, and also, it always gives me a sort of "standing alone against a tide of darkness with only a token force behind me" feeling.

I agree with this dude.