Beat BL on hard. Some thoughts and things

I beat the BL path on hard today. I enjoyed the game a lot and I think this path will be my favorite. I'd bet it's the most like the classic FE stories but just way better (Lord makes mistakes, bad things happening are actually bad, etc.).

The difficulty wasn't that bad. Essentially I struggled when I tried to do anything but move as a clump together. Being aggressive at taking down enemy groups and making sure not to aggro anything extra. A bit like conquest in that sense. I was sneaky for the last 8 chapters. Warping a rallied Dimitri into the commander to finish chapters in 3-4 turns saved me a lot of trouble.

Here's a few things I'd do differently on lunatic once it's out or just another run: 1. Riding is good because master classes and +1 movement ability. 2. Units that can take a beating are useful, but you only need ~3 of them. 3. Magic users are real real good. 4. Mastering classes felt slow and mostly frivolous. 5. Having a healing assistant seemed best (saves a move for your healers to do something else). 6. Do as many paralogues from your main team as possible because the rewards are insane.

Not an exhaustive list, but the ones I've thought about the most. Anyone else beat the game and have some reflections?

1 hour ago, Shadow Mir said:

Is it possible to forcibly move stationary units with combat arts?

I'm not sure. I never needed to. The only chapter I'd have liked to isn't far enough along for it to be unlocked

1 hour ago, Armchair General said:

What about the final battle against Edelgard?

I saw a video with someone soloing her with Byleth armed with regular swords and you wouldn't how long that took.

On hard it wasn't that difficult. The map itself was more difficult than the boss. One Gambit and then bringing up my thwompers took her out in one turn. My Dimitri was critting for 250+ by the end of the game (atrocity).

Edited by Centh