How do I calm down after having bees in my house.

Where exactly is this nest? You've given no indication as to where it is besides a vague "it's in my house".

Anyway, contacting a pest control company is probably the best thing to do, just hope they don't have to fumigate the house.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

12 minutes ago, NinjaMonkey said:

Where exactly is this nest? You've given no indication as to where it is besides a vague "it's in my house".

Anyway, contacting a pest control company is probably the best thing to do, just hope they don't have to fumigate the house.

It's in an old bag filled with trimmed shrubs in my gazebo.

I did contact pest control, I'm just waiting for them to come back to me.

Yeah, calling the pros would be best. While I never had a major pest infestation before, I do see cockroaches from time to time, especially during the winter in New York. Since I have a cat, I did not want to use pesticides, so I just bought a bag of diatomaceous earth and spread it around the kitchen and under the sink where it often gets damp and warm.

For wasps, here is a really good video on making an effective homemade wasp trap in a jiffy.

— — — — — — —

This is not related to wasps, but more about bees. While honey bees are important to agriculture, it is best if we reduce our dependence on honey bees and expand our focus to protecting native bee species too. Losing honey bees would be bad, but it is not that bad.

8 hours ago, XRay said:

Yeah, calling the pros would be best. While I never had a major pest infestation before, I do see cockroaches from time to time, especially during the winter in New York. Since I have a cat, I did not want to use pesticides, so I just bought a bag of diatomaceous earth and spread it around the kitchen and under the sink where it often gets damp and warm.

For wasps, here is a really good video on making an effective homemade wasp trap in a jiffy.

— — — — — — —

This is not related to wasps, but more about bees. While honey bees are important to agriculture, it is best if we reduce our dependence on honey bees and expand our focus to protecting native bee species too. Losing honey bees would be bad, but it is not that bad.

Oh! Thanks!

Yeah, I'm scared of using pesticides too, I have two small chihuahuas.

22 hours ago, XRay said:

Damn dude, that's a lot of dead yellow jackets.

Never thought to use dish soap in a tub of water with meat suspended over it.

Then again, I also am not sure if I want to deal with 700 wasp corpses, lmao

Well, that, and probably the other wildlife that would be attracted to the meat.  Wasps aren't the only things attracted to rotting meat, and my hometown has no shortage of scavenger birds, rodents, and wildcats who are more than willing to invade people's yards in the dead of night and hang around as unwelcome guests.  It's a case of the trap being too effective, which is why the guy said it's probably better to use store bought unless you have a serious wasp infestation.

1 hour ago, Ertrick36 said:

Damn dude, that's a lot of dead yellow jackets.

Never thought to use dish soap in a tub of water with meat suspended over it.

Then again, I also am not sure if I want to deal with 700 wasp corpses, lmao

Well, that, and probably the other wildlife that would be attracted to the meat.  Wasps aren't the only things attracted to rotting meat, and my hometown has no shortage of scavenger birds, rodents, and wildcats who are more than willing to invade people's yards in the dead of night and hang around as unwelcome guests.  It's a case of the trap being too effective, which is why the guy said it's probably better to use store bought unless you have a serious wasp infestation.

Yeah, meat wouldn't be a good idea for me since I have stray/outdoor cats in my area + crows.