Warcraft 3

Admiral "Bull" Halsey

I'm inspired the the StarCraft topic so I'd figure I had to make a discussion about this game? :E Any WC3 players around here? Either you play Footy, DOTA, BattleNet, Campaigns, etc. Any thoughts or opinions about this game is more than welcome.

My favorite Race is the Undead. When playing the Expansion set(Frozen Throne) my favorite hero of all is Dark Ranger. But I specialize in using Death Knights since they're my second favorite.

My favorite race are Undead as well.

I played many ladder matches about a year ago and was on par with many of the other people as well. Then I eventually noticed that the game favors Night Elves and that anyone who noticed that unbalance moved over to DotA.

Edited by Ike-Mike

DotA sucks.

Try playing Swat Aftermath, made by Redscull. He's got a forum about it, and it has more members than we do. Link

Basically, you are on a team whose goal is to complete objectives to win the game, all the while not letting the zombies kill you. The specifics of the objectives vary between difficulties, but the objectives are to reduce rads to the safe level, restore power to Racoon City, and rescue the required amount of civilians. On the Nightmare (second hardest difficulty) and Extinction (hardest difficulty, has yet to be won) difficulties, you must kill Nemesis after finishing the other objectives.

Give the game a try. And use nanites. Its like mana shield on steroids. And your hero has 500 health, and normal enemies hit for at least 100 damage.

Anyone still plays BattleNet?

Of course (but not me).

My favorite race is human. My favorite hero is paladin. Whenever I try to play undead, I lose....I played for 3 or 4 years before switch to Dota.

Edited by Silver Fox of Metal

Warcraft 3 makes me wish World of Warcraft never happened. It had such a great plot, and now none of it feels epic anymore. The grand scale of the giant ground-shaking shit that happened in the Warcraft universe plot has all been trivialized and brought to a halt.

When I played competitively, I used the Alliance. They were the only ones I meshed well with. I tried to get good with Orcs, but I couldn't ever get the extreme micro the race requires down. Orcs are probably the most pro race, Undead being second, and Night Elves and Humans being for nubs like me.

I play Dota, it's pretty fun. I also play normal ranked games, I'm always Random.

DotA's community sucks balls. I tried to play it once, and everybody acted like assholes to me. If I asked how to play, they acted like pricks. And after the game, I was almost certainly put on a banlist, simply because I was a noob at it.

Of course I hate DotA.

DotA's community sucks balls. I tried to play it once, and everybody acted like assholes to me. If I asked how to play, they acted like pricks. And after the game, I was almost certainly put on a banlist, simply because I was a noob at it.

Of course I hate DotA.

Yeah, pubs are pricks (though I own them half of the time). But I mainly play with friends. I enjoy pubs too, but things get pretty strict.