Evil

Knife

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no argument, both of you have won. *Claps*

Though, let's try to keep it mono y mono OK? It's hard dealing with good debaters, let alone 2 of them.

I still believe it isn't necessary to kill someone, but in the scenarios placed here before me, I don't know what to say to them. So you won, but my mind wasn't really changed.

I think it's safe to say I don't want to be in this scenario when I'm older. Teens usually don't go through this often, but I'll have to be ready for it if it does happen. I've never been in a gun fight, so how can I respond? You two act like you are in a gunfight every minute. XD

I answered the question about gun handling in the post above Esau.

Evil exists. His name is Satan.

Prove it. Oh wait you can't, you were just pulling the religion card. NEVER SEEN THAT ONE BEFORE, HAR HAR.

Bunny, you are joking, right? I mean I don't know you so I'm giving the benefit of the doubt before I show the plethora of ways that is retarded.

Edited by Death

Guys,

You cannot use religion in a debate, not about religion. You can't say "Evil exists. It's called Satan" Because there is no way to prove that Satan does exist. Unless you have physical evidence, I don't want to hear it. God may exist, he may not. We have no way to prove either way, so we must go the way we feel is right. The same as atheists, buddhists, Jews, etc must do. You can't play OUR God, because the people who don't believe in said God will not be convinced at all. You must bring yourself up, or down, to their viewpoint, and argue without the assistance of God. That is the way of a debate/r.

~Blue Fox.

I never said I could.

What I did say is that life and death must not be a piece to solving the puzzle of good and evil.

Because both are natural. Planned, if you wish to go there, or the most logical result of evolution if that's your cup of tea.

If you truly wish to believe evil exists in murderers, than evil must be natural.

Edited by bunny

I never said I could.

What I did say is that life and death must not be a piece to solving the puzzle of good and evil.

Because both are natural. Planned, if you wish to go there, or the most logical result of evolution if that's your cup of tea.

If you truly wish to believe evil exists in murderers, than evil must be natural.

There is no mystery to good and evil.

There is the fact that it is subjectively opinionated, and that people try to argue with that.

Prove it. Oh wait you can't, you were just pulling the religion card. NEVER SEEN THAT ONE BEFORE, HAR HAR.

Bunny, you are joking, right? I mean I don't know you so I'm giving the benefit of the doubt before I show the plethora of ways that is retarded.

Don't mean to be off-topic, but are you really 8 years old?

It's painfully obvious that most of you haven't had a philosophy class.
*Sigh...*
Good and Evil are mere constructs. If you can't identify what is good or evil, then can you prove it exists?
No, it's impossible. Mainly because you cannot prove that what does not exist exists.

No but it is, in fact, the absence of evidence, which when you are trying to prove something, makes your argument invalid, at least on the basis of logic and reason.

Doesn't prove it doesn't exist though. Just saying. XD

The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence. ;)
No, but unless someone gives me a DAMN good reason to think that good and evil--a silly concept, best left to video games--exists, I will continue with my theory that it's all bullshit.

No but it is, in fact, the absence of evidence, which when you are trying to prove something, makes your argument invalid, at least on the basis of logic and reason.

Unfortunately, the evidence against good and evil doesn't exist either.

So we're back to God.

All the same, I was only jumping in to a topic about 10 posts late. And frankly, it's no fun if you're just saying 'it's your opinion'.

Doesn't prove it doesn't exist though. Just saying. XD

Irrelevant. If you are going to argue something in a debate, you cannot use the "LOL DON'T MEAN IT DON'T EXIST" argument. Either back up your points or back out.

"It's your opinion" only supports relativism.

Edited by Crystal Shards

Unfortunately, the evidence against good and evil doesn't exist either.

So we're back to God.

All the same, I was only jumping in to a topic about 10 posts late. And frankly, it's no fun if you're just saying 'it's your opinion'.

Not an opinion. Theory. There IS a difference.

Irrelevant. If you are going to argue something in a debate, you cannot use the "LOL DON'T MEAN IT DON'T EXIST" argument. Either back up your points or back out.

"It's your opinion" only supports relativism.

Absence of evidence either way means only one thing.

Not an opinion. Theory. There IS a difference.

Is that your theory or your opinion?

There's more than one theory of morality, dude.

And not a single one is being discussed. So we're all idiots for continuing to post in the topic.

Absence of evidence either way means only one thing.

It means we're back to God.

Edited by bunny