I hate these History videos

Knife

Why is it that 75% of all history movies school shows is mostly a long pity story? I understand the Holocaust was a terrible and horrible event, but what am I supposed to learn from 2 hours of showing how people were tortured, how bad life was for them, how bad life was for them afterwards. I don't mean to be insensitive, but I don't care about the suffering of the people that happened in the past.

Then they show something about the Panama canal and turn that into a pity story where they cover over 30 minutes of how bad the working conditions were, how hard it was for the families of the workers, and how it affected the lives of the workers afterwards.

Why is it that 75% of all history movies school shows is mostly a long pity story? I understand the Holocaust was a terrible and horrible event, but what am I supposed to learn from 2 hours of showing how people were tortured, how bad life was for them, how bad life was for them afterwards. I don't mean to be insensitive, but I don't care about the suffering of the people that happened in the past.

Then they show something about the Panama canal and turn that into a pity story where they cover over 30 minutes of how bad the working conditions were, how hard it was for the families of the workers, and how it affected the lives of the workers afterwards.

A pity story? Because that's what it WAS? :P I pity those people.