Which could a game do without?

Ragnell

Of these which isn't necessary?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Game Qualities

• Great Story
    • Awsome Graphics
    • New, Inventive Gameplay

well story is a must so it was between the other two, and since I didn't know what New, Inventive Game play was supposed to mean I picked that

New, Inventive gameplay is gameplay that is different from other games in that genre or series. Like laguz in Fire Emblem: PoR or different heights in Fire Emblem: RD.

Basically some new gameplay mechanic.

Graphics. It has been proven time and again that a game does not need good graphics to be good. Granted, it's good to have awesome graphics, but if they're missing then who cares? Only graphicswhores would. >_>

If a game is missing a great storyline (provided storylines are a focal point of the genre) it'll be boring and sometimes even painful to go through.

If a game is missing good gameplay, then it's hardly a good game. Gameplay is the most important aspect of a game. It makes or breaks the game. A game can have horrible story, graphics, music but in the end, if the gameplay is good/great, then the game is still enjoyable.

Storyline isn't really necessary in some games, but graphics and gameplay can be applied to every game.

Well see, there are many instances in which one person plays a game just because the storyline gives them orgasms. Even though they dislike/hate the gameplay and can't stand the graphics, they play through just for the story. I've seen many people like this.

But you don't see many people playing just for graphics, because no matter how good they are, they will eventually get boring (unless they're absurdly good or you're a graphicswhore).

I bet you that if an absolutely stellar, amazing game better than SoTN, OoT and any other epic game was made, but had terrible graphics, it would still be awesome. But stupid graphics whores would hate on it. :/

I won't go into deep details on genres because each genre of game has their own needs. Overrall, I do believe that ALL games needs a great game play experience. It'll be the game play that people remember most about video games. Not graphics and sometimes, not the story. The very first thing people want to know is that "Is the game good?" THey don't give a damn about graphics (unless you are a moron who think graphics make the game play better, and people like that shouldn't play games at all.) nor do they care about music (music does set the mood for the game however) or anything else.

"Awesome graphics" are by far the less needed. They're just a plus, and nothing more than that.

Story comes second. Some genres don't need a storyline at all. I mean, if you're playing Street Fighter, Shinobi or classic Megaman for the plot, you're doing it wrong.

IMO, gameplay is the most important aspect here, hands down. A nice story may entertain you for the first time, but a good, well-thought gameplay is what keeps you playing.

I bet you that if an absolutely stellar, amazing game better than SoTN, OoT and any other epic game was made, but had terrible graphics, it would still be awesome. But stupid graphics whores would hate on it. :/

omg uv playid ston lmao

Wow, I can't believe how many people have said graphics :o . Personally, I would say graphics as well. Although a game does not necissarily need NEW, inventive gameplay. One of the things Fire Emblem is known for is not making any drastic changes, and it has worked out so far.

I went with the popular choice, graphics. They're a plus, but not needed.

Stories aren't always needed. Some games don't even need a story. The story doesn't have to be good either.

It's all about the gameplay.