I am SO DISAPPOINTED and SO FRUSTRATED that I missed Folklore, Tay Tay's new album.

XRay

Taylor Swift released a new album on my BIRTHDAY, but for some freaking reason, I DID NOT HEAR ANYTHING ABOUT IT until like one or two nights ago when I heard one of her new songs on the radio. And when I checked the information about the new album this morning, ALL THE PHYSICAL ALBUMS WERE ONLY AVAILABLE FOR A WEEK RIGHT AFTER LAUNCH, so I obviously missed it. While I can download the album digitally, I WANT AND NEED the physical deluxe albums (there are eight different covers for each CD and vinyl). I guess I will check Target later today and I hope I can still get my hands on all of them.

Like, what the fuck Google? What the hell is wrong with you? You have access to my private info and you cannot even bother to tell a Swiftie fan the HUGE FREAKING NEWS that she got her new album out? There was no news feed on my Chrome AT ALL about her new album. There was no recommendations of her new songs on YouTube, despite me SUBSCRIBING to her channel. How is your algorithm so fucking stupid that you keep shoving dumb shit like YouTube Premium down my throat but neglect to even recommend her new songs to me? I had to find out for myself OVER TWO FREAKING WEEKS LATER via the radio that I missed getting those sweet deluxe edition copies.

Anyways, that is my rant. I am just kind of pissed that I am missing out on her deluxe edition albums. I HOPE Target still carries them, but it has already been a while, so I am not sure if they are still available.

Have you missed out on anything that you really want before?

7 hours ago, XRay said:

Taylor Swift released a new album on my BIRTHDAY, but for some freaking reason, I DID NOT HEAR ANYTHING ABOUT IT until like one or two nights ago when I heard one of her new songs on the radio. And when I checked the information about the new album this morning, ALL THE PHYSICAL ALBUMS WERE ONLY AVAILABLE FOR A WEEK RIGHT AFTER LAUNCH, so I obviously missed it. While I can download the album digitally, I WANT AND NEED the physical deluxe albums (there are eight different covers for each CD and vinyl). I guess I will check Target later today and I hope I can still get my hands on all of them.

Like, what the fuck Google? What the hell is wrong with you? You have access to my private info and you cannot even bother to tell a Swiftie fan the HUGE FREAKING NEWS that she got her new album out? There was no news feed on my Chrome AT ALL about her new album. There was no recommendations of her new songs on YouTube, despite me SUBSCRIBING to her channel. How is your algorithm so fucking stupid that you keep shoving dumb shit like YouTube Premium down my throat but neglect to even recommend her new songs to me? I had to find out for myself OVER TWO FREAKING WEEKS LATER via the radio that I missed getting those sweet deluxe edition copies.

Anyways, that is my rant. I am just kind of pissed that I am missing out on her deluxe edition albums. I HOPE Target still carries them, but it has already been a while, so I am not sure if they are still available.

Have you missed out on anything that you really want before?

To be honest I have never been a big Swiftie. However, I heard Folklore and I loved it. I am a big Lorde, Lana del Rey fan and the album reminded me of their music. My favourites from the album are Cardigan, the last American Dynasty, Betty, exile, invisible string, August and seven. However, the entire album is a gem.

To answer your question, I actually have a very similar experience. About a year ago I missed Lana's NFR and didn't even realise it was a new album until a month ago for some weird reason (big brain fart I guess). Now it is a favourite but I find weird how I didn't notice its release for so long, especially with all the Grammy talk. 

Edited by SuperNova125

They hardly promoted this album, if that makes you feel better. Taylor only said "hey I'm dropping an album soon" on twitter or something and then released it at midnight. They didn't market it that well, especially compared to her previous albums. Which is a shame, because she did a lot of interesting things with her lyrics and imagery this time around.

I'm not much of a Taylor Swift fan though I can relate. After Chester Bennington died I didn't even realise Mike Shinoda had released a solo album until a few months later.

Good news is I think I got a special edition CD, since it says it has one of the collectible covers. There were like maybe five or six left on the shelf, so I feel kind of lucky. Bad news is that I still 7 more special editions to collect, so I have to check out all the other Targets in my area, and I have no freaking idea where I can get the vinyls.

I could order them online from Tay Tay's website, but I am not sure which cover I will get, and I am not sure I want to deal with another gacha system and order 20 or 30 of vinyls just so I can collect all the covers, as I am already dealing with a gacha system in Heroes.

Edited by XRay