I want to do an infantry run for all routes...

Voiced

I need some help picking out which units are going to go into these three classes by the end on all routes (War Master // Gremory // Mortal Savant). Claude is probably going to be the only flier, but this run is just for fun. How would you plot this out?

BLACK EAGLES

Edelgard: Emperor

Hubert: 

Bernadetta: 

Caspar: 

Dorothea: 

Ferdinand: 

Linhardt: 

Petra: 

BLUE LIONS

Dimitri: Great Lord

Dedue: 

Annette: 

Ashe: 

Felix: 

Ingrid: 

Mercedes: 

Sylvain: 

GOLDEN DEER

Claude: Barbarossa

Hilda: 

Ignatz: 

Leonie: 

Lorenz: 

Lysithea: 

Marianne: 

Raphael: 

25 minutes ago, Barren said:

If you want to you could go with their canon classes. Like Hubert is Dark Bishop or Petra is Assassin and so forth

That's what I initially wanted to do, but Ingrid would have to stay as a Pegasus Knight. Which kind of sucks

16 minutes ago, Voiced said:

That's what I initially wanted to do, but Ingrid would have to stay as a Pegasus Knight. Which kind of sucks

I think she has a custom outfit as a Paladin. If that is what you're looking for then that can be a substitute I suppose. She does show as a Pegasus Knight at VW though a Falcon Knight at CF as an enemy. 

2 minutes ago, Barren said:

I think she has a custom outfit as a Paladin. If that is what you're looking for then that can be a substitute I suppose. She does show as a Pegasus Knight at VW though a Falcon Knight at CF as an enemy. 

I've read multiple posts stating that she has the generic Paladin outfit unfortunately.

I'll give it a try. Here's my suggestion:

BLACK EAGLES

Hubert: Mortal Savant (spell access for male mage but sadly no Dark Tomefaire), or War Master (with magic gauntlet Aura Knuckles, but might need to cheese the exam with his Axe bane)

Bernadetta: Gremory (double spells, can also play with Vengeance + Arrow of Indra I guess?)

Caspar: War Master (his personal compensates Axe's hit rate, he also learns Bombard with Gauntlet, so both can have merits I think)

Dorothea: Gremory (double Meteor) or Mortal Savant (Swordfaire + Hexblade & Levin Sword)

Ferdinand: War Master (His personal at full HP compensates Axe's hit rate. If you have DLC, he can grab Brawl Avo+20 from War Monk and make a Gauntlet dodge tank with his personal.)

Linhardt: Mortal Savant (spell access for male mage)

Petra: Mortal Savant (Swordfaire + physical sword and only need to grind/cheese for her Reason bane, Gremory seems too much work for little reward)

BLUE LIONS

Dedue: War Master (I prefer Gauntlet because of One Two Punch and his low speed & high strength in general)

Annette: Gremory (double spells)

Ashe: War Master (probably Axe because of his boon?)

Felix: War Master (Gauntlet synergises with his crest)

Ingrid: Gremory (double spells) or Mortal Savant (Swordfaire + physical sword if you want her to do physical damage, or Swordfaire + Hexblade & Levin Sword if magical focused)

Mercedes: Gremory (double healing spells)

Sylvain: War Master (edit for Gauntlet to compensate the potential accuracy issues), or Mortal Savant (to make use of his budding talent Black Magic Avo+20)

GOLDEN DEER

Claude: Barbarossa

Hilda: Gremory (double Bolting)

Ignatz: War Master (his personal compensates Axe's hit rate), or Mortal Savant (he has both boon, and his personal compensates his good crit spells' hit rate)

Leonie: Gremory (double spells) or Mortal Savant (if you want to her to use physical sword + Swordfaire I guess?)

Lorenz: War Master (might need to cheese the exam with his Brawling bane) or Mortal Savant (spell access for male mage)

Lysithea: Gremory (double Warp) or Mortal Savant (Swordfaire + Soulblade & Levin Sword)

Marianne: Gremory (double spells) or Mortal Savant (Swordfaire + Soulblade & Levin Sword)

Raphael: War Master (I prefer Gauntlet because of his general low speed & high strength)

Edited by DriftingWaterBottle

Mortal Savant really isn't worth it imo, and there are plenty of advanced classes that are worth staying in for an infantry only run. I'd go with the following if you want to make it easy. (If you like some challenge however, go wild, think outside the box, take some unconventional classes.)

Spoiler

BLACK EAGLES

Hubert: Sorcerer

Bernadetta: Sniper

Caspar: War Master

Dorothea: Gremory

Ferdinand: War Master

Linhardt: Bishop

Petra: Assassin

BLUE LIONS

Dedue: War Master

Annette: Gremory

Ashe: Sniper

Felix: Swordmaster

Ingrid: Gremory (She's not a bad mage actually)

Mercedes: Bishop

Sylvain: War Master

GOLDEN DEER

Claude: Barbarossa (or go sniper to keep to your challenge)

Hilda: Warrior (Though Gremory sounds like a fun build for her)

Ignatz: Sorcerer

Leonie: Sniper

Lorenz: Sorcerer

Lysithea: Gremory

Marianne: Bishop

Raphael: War Master

6 hours ago, Voiced said:

Thank you very much. I'll the 3 routes a go with this.

No problem. Have fun! 😄

By the way, I forgot that Sylvain's Dex growth is not stellar, which can cause accuracy issues with Axe if unlucky. Going with the brawling class progression to War Master is probably better, since they boost Dex growth, and gauntlets are generally more accurate.

Edited by DriftingWaterBottle

Based on the units proficiencies, these are the infantry master classes that they have the easiest time to get into.

Have fun with half of your units becoming Mortal Savants :D

BLACK EAGLES

Edelgard: Mortal Savant

Hubert: Mortal Savant

Bernadetta: Gremory

Caspar: War Master

Dorothea: Mortal Savant / Gremory

Ferdinand: Mortal Savant / War Master

Linhardt: Mortal Savant

Petra: Mortal Savant

BLUE LIONS