Sheik

Destiny Hero

Why is Sheik so terrible!? She's the weakest character out of any Smash game, her attacks have crappy range, her recovery can fail a lot, her grab range is terrible, so has a grand total of almost one finisher, and to make up for all of that, she's just faster than average.

Anyone want to sign this virtual petitition to make Sheik good in SSB4, or at least get rid of her and give Zelda a Down Special?

Luxord Clause: If you're name is Sheik, I don't mean to offend you.

Edited by Destiny Hero

LOL BS.

Not BS. Heres the link.

http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Tier_list

The Back Room is considered to be THE major authority when it comes to competitive Smash.

Keep in mind that tier lists are based on the highest level of tournament play, where the players are generally experts with their character.

I actually quite like playing as Captain Falcon myself. He's definitely one of my top 5 mains.

Edited by Chris Lionheart

Actually, according to the official Smash Back Room tier list, Captain Falcon is the worst character in Brawl.

Well, those are tier lists. If there was a god character who always won, but people didn't use him, he'd be considered bad by the tier list.

Tier lists aren't as accurate as some people say they are. Those are just tournament standings.

Well, those are tier lists. If there was a god character who always won, but people didn't use him, he'd be considered bad by the tier list.

Tier lists aren't as accurate as some people say they are. Those are just tournament standings.

Wrong.

The Smash Tier List is based largely on matchups.

Every character (x) vs. character (y) match up is considered (and many trials are performed.)

A really simple example:

If Marth were to face Ike, Marth would have a definitite advantage. Ike may have more range, but his speed pales in comparison. Marth can easily gimp Ike's horrible Up B recovery, severely limiting Ike's options.

Due to these factors and many more, it is generally considered that at similar skill levels, Marth would be the victor.

Metaknight is at the top of the tier list because he has literally NO bad matchups. His worst match up is himself (in other words he is incredibly overpowered.)

Wrong.

The Smash Tier List is based largely on matchups.

Every character (x) vs. character (y) match up is considered (and many trials are performed.)

A really simple example:

If Marth were to face Ike, Marth would have a definitite advantage. Ike may have more range, but his speed pales in comparison. Marth can easily gimp Ike's horrible Up B recovery, severely limiting Ike's options.

Due to these factors and many more, it is generally considered that at similar skill levels, Marth would be the victor.

Metaknight is at the top of the tier list because he has literally NO bad matchups. His worst match up is himself (in other words he is incredibly overpowered.)

His worst matchup is Snake, then himself :P. But yeah.

Also about the topic.

Sheik is rape in melee, top 4 characters easily. In brawl, she's actually decent. NEO has a crazy good sheik, but her playstyle is COMPLETELY different from melee's so people have trouble adjusting.

And yeah, tier lists are mostly build upon their matchups vs. every other character in highly competitive play.

Edited by Rei

Sheik is pretty good in Melee, but not as exciting in Brawl. But bad, not in the slightest way or form. (although, you do need to be careful with her down air)

Oh yeah, Captain Falcon did get MUCH worse in Brawl. Without the knee being extremely effective anymore and his moves overall slower, he went from awesome to :( . Alas. At least he still says "Show me your moves"!

Sheik isn't what she used to be, but she's still decent. One of my friends in class mains her and I have tons of trouble getting out of his juggles with his tilts and combos, he easily gets me to 70% before I even break 20% on him.

Am I the only one who noticed he said "Sheik in SSB64"

XD

It reads "Sheik in SSB4" though that could be after his edit.

And yes, Captain falcon is the worst character in brawl. His only good moves are D-smash, and U-air really. With the lack of combos and hitstun in the game, Falcon can't combo anyone so he completely relies on just hitting nearly randomly. He lacks a lot of control options other than U-air. His recovery is one of the easier ones to gimp and he's just generally not good since he can also be shield grabbed easily without any answer to it other than to "try" to grab first.

Edited by Rei

It reads "Sheik in SSB4" though that could be after his edit.

And yes, Captain falcon is the worst character in brawl. His only good moves are D-smash, and U-air really. With the lack of combos and hitstun in the game, Falcon can't combo anyone so he completely relies on just hitting nearly randomly. He lacks a lot of control options other than U-air. His recovery is one of the easier ones to gimp and he's just generally not good since he can also be shield grabbed easily without any answer to it other than to "try" to grab first.

I always thought his Raptor Boost was a pretty good move. Comboes into aerials (especially U-Air and Fair) pretty well for me.

I always thought his Raptor Boost was a pretty good move. Comboes into aerials (especially U-Air and Fair) pretty well for me.

doesn't combo really. You can DI away and dodge before getting hit by the aerials. Only thing falcon can do is to try to bait dodge into a U-Air or a running U-Smash.

Edited by Rei

Am I the only one who noticed he said "Sheik in SSB64"

XD

It's "sign a virtual petition to make Sheik good in SSB4", AKA Super Smash Brothers 4. I never edited it; you just didn't read it right. There is and never was a 6 >8U

It's "sign a virtual petition to make Sheik good in SSB4", AKA Super Smash Brothers 4. I never edited it; you just didn't read it right. There is and never was a 6 >8U

He meant 64 as in Nintendo 64, the console.