Things that don't make sense

Knife

You want something really baffling? I didn't read the entire thread yet, so bare with me.

Leaf's age is 15 in Thracia 776. That was 1 year before Celice decides to fight back. The thing is, when Celice starts his war, it was clearly stated that it was 17 after Sigurd's death. Ethlin died BEFORE Sigurd. How the hell could Leaf be 15 in Thracia 776!? Did Ethlin give birth to Leaf one year AFTER she died?

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That in snow chapters, the characters wear the same clothes, in reality they'd wear warmer clothes. In desert maps, they'd get too hot.

I've always wondered that, too. And on the desert chapters, I feel really bad for anybody that's wearing all black, because that color scheme is a real bitch to wear in hot environments.

You want something really baffling? I didn't read the entire thread yet, so bare with me.

Leaf's age is 15 in Thracia 776. That was 1 year before Celice decides to fight back. The thing is, when Celice starts his war, it was clearly stated that it was 17 after Sigurd's death. Ethlin died BEFORE Sigurd. How the hell could Leaf be 15 in Thracia 776!? Did Ethlin give birth to Leaf one year AFTER she died?

I think most fans just accept the fact that there are major inconsistencies between FE4 and FE5. If FE5 really made sense in the context of FE4, then Leaf's rebellion would have failed, for one thing.

In fe4, you can repair a weapon infinite time and it retains perfect form.

When a berserker hits a unit and the axe hacks halfway into the head, they counter

You might notice that unit slide backwards in fe4 and 5 when they are hit depending on damage. In arena, in there is a long round of combat, units can be pushed to wall.

there are many more.

but something that doesn't make sense is how you can guage a person's hit points at all

Yeah it does. In real life, whenever you attack someone with a sword/lance/axe/bow/knife they bleed. Considering how much they're bleeding, how much slower they start to move, what new grunts they start to make, you'd start to get pretty good at determining how close to death an enemy is after killing around 50 people.

Why Black Knight is the commander of 4-E-2 and has no authority stars while Levail has 2 It's because he's not commanding the army, he needs to focus on Ike, Levail is commanding. Besides, the BK kind of lost his status as one of Daein's four riders after Ashnard's death.

Why the senators have no authority stars and Sanaki has 4 despite never being the commanderIt's because she's the ruler of perhaps the greatest country in Tellius. The senators need one star though.

Besides story purposes, what's the point of some characters having authority stars if those stars never affect the gameplay (Nailah, Naesala, Sanaki, Pelleas, Skrimir's probably helps the other units in part 3 so I could understand him having stars)Same as Sanaki.

Why there are so many forced characters in FE10 compared to other FEsNow that was retarded.

Didn't the game's opening state that everything is begin 13 years after Cuan's death/Tragedy of Barhara/Conote's betrayal/etc.?

But in 4-E-2, BK is listed as the commander. Do Levail's stars actually give accuracy and avoid bonuses to the enemies or is it just for show?

About the forced characters comment, I meant compared to other FEs, there are more characters that are forced onto the map in FE10. In previous FEs, it was just the main lord but FE10's got quite a few that didn't need to be forced.

I found it kind of pointless that Sanaki/Naesala/Nailah/etc. had authority stars but they didn't affect the game. I know why they have them, I'm just disappointed that their stars don't help out the team.

Edited by KSFF2150

I just opened the rom. Thracia 776 starts 13 years after the fall of Lenster.

But didn't Lenster fall not long after the Battle in Barhara?

Lifis' critical hit on Thracia 776.

He jumps over the enemy, turns around 180°, and while in the air, goes foward a little bit so he can't miss the strike when he lands.

Also, how could someone hit a person inside a closed room throwing javelins, or hand axes and stuff? Aren't any ceilings there?

And why does everybody that could use an axe or a spear outdoors lose that ability when indoors? Othin, Halvan and some others can, why Brighton cannot?

Crucial one-

Everyone is right-handed. In all of FE, every playable character is right-handed. (except maybe snipers, but it would look strange if it was reversed. DISCRIMINATION.

Didn't the game's opening state that everything is begin 13 years after Cuan's death/Tragedy of Barhara/Conote's betrayal/etc.?

Yes, you're right. I completely forgot to bring that up. That's just fucked up, man.

Lifis' critical hit on Thracia 776.

He jumps over the enemy, turns around 180°, and while in the air, goes foward a little bit so he can't miss the strike when he lands.

It's the same in FE4. Both Dew and Sylvia does that when they critical.

And why does everybody that could use an axe or a spear outdoors lose that ability when indoors? Othin, Halvan and some others can, why Brighton cannot?

Brighton is mounted and is forced to dismount indoors and equip swords. Othin and Halvan always fight on foot.

It seems like Eyvel can do something like that, too, idk.

Criticals in FE 4-5 are grouped between a few classes.

For swords, there's the one with Rivis that works for thieves and dancers. The one with Eyvel works for swordfighters along with dismounted free knights and dragon knights ( maybe pegasus knights too, I barely used them in FE 5 though ). Finally there's another one that groups the lord, prince and the other dismounted classes ( Axe/Mage/Lance/Master Knights and Paladins ).

Then there are armor crits ( they wait a bit longer to strike ), mage crits ( they do a different hand gesture ), mounted crits ( swing the weapon a few times except the dragon knights since they just fly more ) and maybe more.

Promotions rarely change anything, except for example Mage to Mage Knight.

Edited by Captain Falcon

Promotions rarely change anything, except for example Mage to Mage Knight.

Also, how is it that promotions change the look of a character in the middle of a battlefield and nobody seems to notice all the flashing lights that go off around said character?

Yes, but my point is why Brighton can't use axes unmounted? Ignoring the game's engine for a while, mind you.

In their world I suppose unmounted knights were trained with swords ( exception for bow knights who remain with bows ).

That was a system that dated back from FE 3 where Social Knights, Pegasus Knights and their promotions became Knights when indoors ( and Horsemen > Hunters ). In that game, these units were strictly lance users when mounted but used swords when dismounted, leaving the indoor use of lances to Generals only.

I see. Still, it's quite annoying on Chapter 4.

Also, I never knew why Valter from FE6 would say that he's the boss of the map TWO SPACES in front of Roy, with some troops, and back off without attacking. Not even an event?

Also, I never knew why Valter from FE6 would say that he's the boss of the map TWO SPACES in front of Roy, with some troops, and back off without attacking. Not even an event?

Er, wrong game.

Valter is from FE8. I think you meant for Narshen, not Valter. ^^;;

Where do bow users get all the arrows from? It seems like they have an unlimited supply of arrows.

Why don't you have the option of buying catapults and ballistae so you can field them to attack enemies instead of stealing theirs?

How do ballistae run out of ammo if bows and catapults never run out of ammo, or, why don't bows and catapults ever run out of ammo?

Edited by KSFF2150

1. Where do bow users get all the arrows from? It seems like they have an unlimited supply of arrows.

2. Why don't you have the option of buying catapults and ballistae so you can field them to attack enemies instead of stealing theirs?

3. How do ballistae run out of ammo if bows and catapults never run out of ammo, or, why don't bows and catapults ever run out of ammo?

1. They probably make enough.

2. IS must've found the Shooter class to be quite an asset for the player since this class only exists in FE1, FEDS and as the limited ballistae you see throughout the series. Being able to buy catapults/Ballistae would be much like having the Shooter class.

3. Perhaps the ammunition is different or the Ballistae break more easily than a regular bow >_>

1. They probably make enough.

2. IS must've found the Shooter class to be quite an asset for the player since this class only exists in FE1, FEDS and as the limited ballistae you see throughout the series. Being able to buy catapults/Ballistae would be much like having the Shooter class.

3. Perhaps the ammunition is different or the Ballistae break more easily than a regular bow >_>

Thanks, it makes more sense now.

Why don't catapults do more damage? Assuming that a pretty big rock is thrown on top of the characters, you'd think it hurt a lot more especially since most of them don't wear helmets. Maybe they're soft rocks?

If ballistae can break, why can't catapults?

Edited by KSFF2150