Things that don't make sense

Knife

What things don't make sense in general? I'll start off.

How does a Bow retain durability if the shot is missed?

How can you throw like 20 Javelins/Spears? Either you have a whole case full of them, or they magically reappear in your hand. Hand axes are okay though.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One time my Nasir had a 100% chance of hitting

Sephiran

in RD. And he missed. Then

Sephiran

missed me twice with a 100% chance of hitting me. I was very baffled, but I didn't argue it since there was no real harm done.

One time my Nasir had a 100% chance of hitting

Sephiran

in RD. And he missed. Then

Sephiran

missed me twice with a 100% chance of hitting me. I was very baffled, but I didn't argue it since there was no real harm done.

If Sephiran activated Corona, that cuts hit chance in half. I don't know about him missing though.

If Sephiran activated Corona, that cuts hit chance in half. I don't know about him missing though.

It was a very bizzare situation. Gareth had boon and he was next to Nasir, so the effects of Corona would have been nullified. At least I think it would have.

How can you throw like 20 Javelins/Spears? Either you have a whole case full of them, or they magically reappear in your hand. Hand axes are okay though.

Don't forget about throwing knives in FE:RD too.

But another thing that doesn't make sense is how items get teleported to the supply convoy.

Edit some more: Nothing really burns when a fire tome hits a character.

Laguz don't have their clothing affected when shifing/reverting.

Edited by Black Luster Soldier

No matter how many times you've been harmed, injured, or stabbed, you can move and fight at full strength as long as you're not dead or inflicted with some status condition.

Edited by Fireman

Don't forget about throwing knives in FE:RD too.

But another thing that doesn't make sense is how items get teleported to the supply convoy.

Forgot those.

Also, I found it kind of weird that in Part 4 of RD, the people share the same supply convoy even though each team was probably miles away from each other.

Tellius made bows appearantly wear out sooner than you run out of arrows.

Despite being hemaphobic, Kurth has no qualms about exterminating his own clan in 4-F-3.

It seems Jill got her wyvern safely through the main entrance of Daein Keep and managed to manouver it through the building and fight without causing any collateral damage.

Despite Soren's tragic death at the hands of Ashera, Ike would rather talk to Caineghis about arm wrestling rather than mourn. Same with Mist.

Boyd and Mist fell in love. IT DOES NOT MAKE SENSE

Tellius made bows appearantly wear out sooner than you run out of arrows.

Despite being hemaphobic, Kurth has no qualms about exterminating his own clan in 4-F-3.

It seems Jill got her wyvern safely through the main entrance of Daein Keep and managed to manouver it through the building and fight without causing any collateral damage.

Despite Soren's tragic death at the hands of Ashera, Ike would rather talk to Caineghis about arm wrestling rather than mourn. Same with Mist.

Boyd and Mist fell in love. IT DOES NOT MAKE SENSE

Huh?

Edited by ChaosNinji

Shut up. Boyd x Mist ftw. Would you rather have her with Rofl Rolf?

Actually, though I'm not a fan of that either, it does seem better to me than putting her with the testosteronefest that is Boyd.

But before we derail the topic, I only meant that IT DOES NOT MAEK SENSE

Try, a certain someone who is small, shy, timid, kinda weak, and a potential homosexual getting together with someone who is big, strong, a little bit dumb, and really forward.

It just doesn't work. How the heck could two people that fit the descriptions listed above ever get together anyways? Now there's something that doesn't make sense.

I would have probably put down two examples. (One for the potentially homosexual person's description. And another for the big, strong, and really forward person's description.) But I figured, I would have gotten shot if I had done so.

Edited by Little Al

Rather than explain it in terms of ruining the bow, it can instead be seen as a detraction of the amount of arrows, if looking for an explanation.

For old time's sake, Eliwood's pony.

Don't you still waste an arrow if you miss a shot?

Combat happens in turns assigned by huge ass letters in the sky.

Spinning arrow/jumping does more damage etc

If someone attacks you, you should just stand there, maybe take a step aside to avoid the blow.

Some of these don't apply to Fire Emblem, but what the hey:

The sun never sets until you sleep in an inn or a tent, or if there's a special event.

No matter how small your bag, you can still carry up to 99 of each item.

-Even if you don't have a bag, you can still fight normally with all the extra baggage.

It doesn't matter how strong or powerful a character was in the past, he will always start out barely strong enough to kill the second boss.

Instant death spells only work on monsters you could kill with one stab anyway.

Items in treasure chests, even in someone else's house, are yours for the taking.

The world holds an infinite supply of monsters at its disposal, so no matter how many millions you kill there will always be more of the same type with the same exact color design.

The messier your hair, the more likely you are to save the world.

If someone in town tells you that they heard a rumor, it's true.

Regardless of the number of medicines and herbs you carry or of the cure spells you know, you can do nothing to treat or cure other people.

When you get injured by a sword, or other weapon, blood will not pour out, only numbers.

In actuality, Fire spells don't actually burn the surroundings. But if they did, Fire spells would have to be banned from forests. Smokey

Apart from yes and no, the hero never speaks.

People will always be at the same place, doing the same thing.

In the RPG world, nobody minds sleeping in the same room regardless of the party's gender.

Sleep is the only absolute necessity of life. You can travel all over the world and fight as much as you want, and there is never a need to eat, drink, or go to the bathroom.

I learned that most people only have one good thing to say.

You would think a hero would grow a immunity to potions, because he drinks about 50 a day.

Dancing at the end of a tiring battle even when half dead is an absolute must!

When observing people through a telescope, you can hear their conversations. (Secret of Evermore.)

Relics from ancient civilizations tend to be very dangerous things and are usually better off if left undiscovered.

Monsters have money and various useful items which they could never use for themselves.

The ultimate boss will always die like a power ranger monster(it will explode after you hit him until he dies)

Attacks that seem like they would destroy the world are limited only to your intended target, so use them freely.

The world is flat.

Ghosts can be killed with swords and arrows.

The place where the hero starts will always be surrounded by the weakest monsters possible. That way, he can train, become stronger, and get a false sense of security.

Dying is just a short cut back to the inn.

Regardless of the number of people in your party or the number of beds in an inn, you should all sleep in the same bed in order to receive the minimal rate.

Getting shot out of a cannon never, ever results in injury.

When you need to flee from an enemy, you may feel free to abandon your wounded, because, of course, they can catch up to you once the enemy glances away.

Half of the world has a twin.

If you see a guy named Cid, chances are he is important.

If all but one character dies in a battle, the last one can carry them all back to the nearest inn.

No matter how sharp the enemy's sword is, you never bleed.

When you fall asleep in a fight, being struck by a bolt of lightning won't wake you.

If your enemy is hundreds of feet tall pay it no mind, for you can eventually kill it by striking it in the foot, leg or crotch repeatedly.

Whenever there are two people standing on each side of a door, they will both say the same exact thing.

People never lock their doors, and won't be disturbed if you go in un-allowed or even take their stuff.