Best Saint

Read the topic title.  

42 members have voted

1. 1. <_<

• Laura
    • Rhys
    • Neither because I go for Oliver!

I'll say Laura for usefulness mostly. I hate, hate, hate, HATE healers. I can never protect them well, and they always die at least once on every playthrough. Rhys is not really needed at all in RD. The Greil Mercenaries are monsters and shouldn't be taking all that much damage anyways. And the wealth of vulneraries, herbs, and concoctions make Rhys obsolete. Seriously, though, vulneraries healing 20 health is WAY too cheap. Laura will actually be needed with how tough the Dawn Brigade levels are. And Oliver, lol. The only reason to use him is to bask in his awsomeness.

But if you need to use a healing item, you'll be wasting that character's turn. I've never needed vulneraries/concoctions cause I just use Rhys and Mist. Yeah, the GMs don't need much healing but they're there if you need them and they are so easy to protect. I'd rather use a healer to heal a character than waste a character's turn to heal themselves but that's just me.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rhys and Laura suck, Oliver is terrible, and Saints are THE worst class there is.

No vote.

I'd say whispers are the worst class. At least you can use saints as healers if you want. What are whispers gonna do? They have horrible strength caps and use the weakest weapons in the game. They do minimal damage compared to other classes and they rarely get criticals/activate Bane to make up for their lack of strength. Yeah, you could use an archsage over a saint but I'd rather use a saint over a whisper. They're both pretty bad but I think saints > whispers.

I'd say whispers are the worst class. At least you can use saints as healers if you want. What are whispers gonna do? They have horrible strength caps and use the weakest weapons in the game. They do minimal damage compared to other classes and they rarely get criticals/activate Bane to make up for their lack of strength. Yeah, you could use an archsage over a saint but I'd rather use a saint over a whisper. They're both pretty bad but I think saints > whispers.

For endgame, Whisper > Saint. For the rest of the game (part 4?) Saint > Whisper.

Besides, Cats are the worst class anyway.

For endgame, Whisper > Saint. For the rest of the game (part 4?) Saint > Whisper.

Totally forgot about cats. I'm not a fan of laguz so that totally slipped my mind. Yeah, cats are pretty horrible, doing minimal damage while being unable to keep their beast form. They're like the whispers of the laguz. They have the same problems but have a transformation guage that never stays filled. Now that I think about it, cats probably are the worst.

You could have both Rhys and Heather promoted in part 3 with bexp. I'd say Rhys is better than Heather cause even though she's faster, she doesn't do a lot of damage. Neither of them are onerounding anything but at least Rhys can heal. Heather can steal but I've never needed to steal anything with her. Heather's overshadowed by all the GMs cause her strength is horrible and she's not killing anything.

You could have both Rhys and Heather promoted in part 3 with bexp. I'd say Rhys is better than Heather cause even though she's faster, she doesn't do a lot of damage. Neither of them are onerounding anything but at least Rhys can heal. Heather can steal but I've never needed to steal anything with her. Heather's overshadowed by all the GMs cause her strength is horrible and she's not killing anything.

And that's why Saints > Whispers for the rest of the game.

I have an innate hate towards Rhys, but that may be because of the hate that i had for him in PoR that transferred into RD.

So it would be between Laura or Oliver....

and you know who i will pick!

:3

Simple: Oliver has better Defense and Resistance. Plus, you don't need to heal abuse to get him promoted. He will likely have a huge level lead on Laura. Offensively, Laura is better though, but for true healers, defense is more important. Laura is better in overall usefulness for the DB, but in endgame, Oliver's level lead is a huge advantage over picking her.

Although using either is pretty pointless in endgame since there are much better healers, so Laura wins points for that.

Simple: Oliver has better Defense and Resistance. Plus, you don't need to heal abuse to get him promoted. He will likely have a huge level lead on Laura. Offensively, Laura is better though, but for true healers, defense is more important. Laura is better in overall usefulness for the DB, but in endgame, Oliver's level lead is a huge advantage over picking her.

Although using either is pretty pointless in endgame since there are much better healers, so Laura wins points for that.

Not necessarily. Laura is a great candidate for the DB's Paragon, allowing for fast levels, and she caps Magic, Skill, and Speed pretty fast, alowing for great BEXP abuse. Plus, with her existing AS, she dodges enough to not need the durability as much. And even without BEXP, her durability is pretty much the same except with less HP. All Saints suck for endgame anyway; you shouldn't take them there except for specific reasons like themed runs and such.

Why is Laura at 11 and Oliver at 9? This is best, not favorite. In terms of ability, Oliver is a failure.

I think a lot of people are obsessed about how "beautiful" he is. I'm not one of those people, I actually can't stand the guy. I agree that Oliver fails as a saint.

Yes, but Paragon and BEXP abuse are never taken in consideration because those things could easily go to another character. I'd say Laura is better, but Oliver is not too far.

Edited by Knife

Yes, but Paragon and BEXP abuse are never taken in consideration because those things could easily go to another character.

Ah, but I have reasons justifying them.

Micaiah's group gets a Paragon, so that limits how many people can use it. It's not likely anyone is using more than a few people on that team, limiting it more. Chances are Laura can get it at least for one map, which is all she needs to shoot up a few levels.

BEXP abuse can easily be taken into consideration considering the over-abundance of it and how it works. Anyone who caps stats fast is more likely to get it than someone who is more spread out. Laura caps 3 stats very fast, making her a perfect candidate. Since there's so much of it, it's not even taking much away from others.

And then there's the fact that Laura is the only healer in some of the hardest maps of the game. Oliver joins at the end of an easy map, and then has only the easiest part of the game to be used. Laura >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Oliver.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

I think a lot of people are obsessed about how "beautiful" he is. I'm not one of those people, I actually can't stand the guy. I agree that Oliver fails at life

That's more like it actually :D

Ah, but I have reasons justifying them.

Micaiah's group gets a Paragon, so that limits how many people can use it. It's not likely anyone is using more than a few people on that team, limiting it more. Chances are Laura can get it at least for one map, which is all she needs to shoot up a few levels.

BEXP abuse can easily be taken into consideration considering the over-abundance of it and how it works. Anyone who caps stats fast is more likely to get it than someone who is more spread out. Laura caps 3 stats very fast, making her a perfect candidate. Since there's so much of it, it's not even taking much away from others.

And then there's the fact that Laura is the only healer in some of the hardest maps of the game. Oliver joins at the end of an easy map, and then has only the easiest part of the game to be used. Laura >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Oliver.

Paragon doesn't fit on her until after she promotes. It is also likely that she'll be the last member of the DB to promote (unless you boss abuse or something, which is not taken into account).

Paragon doesn't fit on her until after she promotes. It is also likely that she'll be the last member of the DB to promote (unless you boss abuse or something, which is not taken into account).

Paragon doesn't fit on anyone until promotion except Micaiah, who caps her level fast anyway. Besides, Laura is still the best tier 1 candidate for BEXP once she hits ~12-14, or she can easily be promoted before even hitting 20 without much consequence. And I never even boss abuse when raising Laura.

Paragon doesn't fit on anyone until promotion except Micaiah, who caps her level fast anyway. Besides, Laura is still the best tier 1 candidate for BEXP once she hits ~12-14, or she can easily be promoted before even hitting 20 without much consequence. And I never even boss abuse when raising Laura.

No, Aran is the best BEXP candidate in the DB. According to the site averages, Laura won't be capping 3 stats until level 19, but by then, BEXP won't be worth it.

No, Aran is the best BEXP candidate in the DB. According to the site averages, Laura won't be capping 3 stats until level 19, but by then, BEXP won't be worth it.

How is Aran better? He doesn't even cap 3 stats by the time he reaches 20 on average. Skill and Defense do, and Strength is about 19-20, and that's at level 20 (Skill capping slightly sooner). Plus, with Laura's low caps, BEXPing from ~ level 13-15 is perfectly fine, if you don't want to just promote her right then and there.

Ravens are a worse class; they can hardly damage anything and are as fragile as hell, even if they dodge well. At least cats can do some damage and are less fragile, even if their transformation lasts the shortest.

Ravens are a worse class; they can hardly damage anything and are as fragile as hell, even if they dodge well. At least cats can do some damage and are less fragile, even if their transformation lasts the shortest.

I hope you mean to exclude Naesala, or what you just said makes no sense. In my honest opinion, Vika and Nealuchi > Lethe and Lyre. Ranulf is a different story.

I hope you mean to exclude Naesala, or what you just said makes no sense. In my honest opinion, Vika and Nealuchi > Lethe and Lyre. Ranulf is a different story.

I think they all suck but I'm biased against laguz. Not saying that all laguz suck cause there are some good ones but I'd rather use beorc units cause they're more versatile.

Class-wise, Naesala is not a raven; he's a Raven King. Of course I excluded him. 'Cause he's broken...even if he's the least broken of the Laguz Royals.

Edited by Black Luster Soldier

On the worst class, I would say it's cats. I have hardly ever used them, and I hate laguz (not royals) because they always untransform when you need them most.

And, on the topic of who's the best saint, is it the strongest/fastest saint, or the most useful saint. Because regardless of who turns out good, I always train them only to about lvl. 10 and then let them be. From that point, they can heal almost anyone to full health, and I've never got one that doesn't die when hit (even at lvl. 20) so a little extra spd/def is useless. So in endgame usefulness, Oliver wins over Laura. In all other categories (before end usefulness, best stats, etc.) Laura wins.