8-11-21 Indie World announced

Perkilator

I've been replaying Castle in the Darkness lately and this game really ought to be on a nintendo platform. It's a love letter to a lot of retro nintendo games, and it's become one of my favorites. Maybe even a new trailer for the sequel? An Axiom Verge 2 trailer feels likely. We got a lot of coverage for that game at E3, but the game was initially announced at one of these indie showcases for Switch so this is an ideal place to at least recap some of what we've already seen even if they're not ready to give a release date. It may be too early for it, since the game is still in early access, but Rogue Legacy 2 needs to hit the switch someday too.

Other than that, more beat em up games please. River City Girls Zero seems likely to show up, but 2 is badly in need of a trailer. Do I dare ask for both?

On 8/10/2021 at 9:15 AM, Glennstavos said:

An Axiom Verge 2 trailer feels likely. We got a lot of coverage for that game at E3, but the game was initially announced at one of these indie showcases for Switch so this is an ideal place to at least recap some of what we've already seen even if they're not ready to give a release date. 

aaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAA

It's downloading onto my switch right now. Garden Story also released today, I remember being very intrigued by its reveal last year at an Indie Direct. Boyfriend Dungeon is definitely the funniest premise for a game in the whole show. Man, dating sims have been getting good since Hatoful Boyfriend, that makes me want to catch up. Metal Slug Tactics I think is just here for all the nintendo fans who didn't see it's initial reveal at E3. I'm only interested in the game's mechanics but I know that sort of stuff isn't appropriate for a short little trailer. The game's not even coming out this year so I'm holding my hype until then. And lastly, Eastward. I just like the art style.

Edited by Glennstavos

Hey look, it's an indie video.

Spoiler

I kinda prefer this track to the Ninty Direct music.

First off, Jet Set gets a port I can actually access? Nope, something called Bomb Rush Cyberpunk. It adds jetpacks? I don't have much to say on it, it's next year. Then it's a black & white title where you just explore I guess, taking pictures as you go. It's called Toem and is out in autumn. Some day. Then there's a dungeon crawler called Loop Hero where the dungeon floor loops and you create adventures for the hero over and over? It's this year I suppose. Then there's a game where you're swimming through a ruined? land. It's Sea of Solitude again? Well no, the boat's bigger and exploration is a bigger part of it. Apparently it's a continuation of a different Far game so I'm lost. It's next year.  Next up is a VN? No, there's more free roaming exploration, but I think I'm right on VN, it's something called Necrobarista: Final Pour, there's a bunch about the dead being involved. It's a director's cut too with it's own level creator (Hmmm.), out today, so that's at least neat.

The update list shows games that are out, including Garden Story, Boyfriend Dungeon (A dating sim-dungeon crawler? Why.), Axiom Verge 2 (WHUT. It's actually out? Cool for those fans) and that's it. Next is Shovel Knight Pocket Dungeon, a puzzle game where you fight with all the usual characters, so apparently it's got dungeon crawling and new characters. It's this year too, so that's not so bad, Then there's a god sim where you build various civilisations called Islanders (apparently a console port), with procedural generation. I guess, it's today for the interested. Then we get a real surprise, a Tactical RPG with Metal Slug! Has it even gotten games lately? Regardless, the theme definitely caught my ear. Metal Slug Tactics is not out until next year. It's not the same thing as the main games, but that's fine. I can't pretend I'm much of a fan for RPGs with..... RPGs, but hopefully this proves me wrong. Then there's Tetris Effect Connected, a game focused on multiplayer for Tetris (Not gonna lie, if my brother or SiL got it and he asked me to I might do so to play it with them).

Then there's another montage with Astroneer (Jan 2022), Hundred Days - Winemaking Simulator (Hol 2021), Slime Rancher Plortable edition (Today), Lumbearjack (2022), Curious Expedition 2 (Today), Gang Beasts (Wait, only now? And even then it's Fall 2021) and then one more title. It looks like it's an RPG to me, very much in the pixel drawn style called Eastward, which is out next month. Frankly I'd have liked some clarity, including why there's a cutscene of a naked girl.

TLDR: Axion Verge 2 is finally here, Little much else that caught my eye barring Bomb Rush, Metal Slug and Tetris. I feel bad for the indies thinking about it, it's hard to get hype generated.

Islanders looked really neat; it reminded me of another mobile game similar to it that I played a long time ago, but I forgot the name of it...

Tetris is always a classic, so you can't go wrong with that.

Slime Rancher is coming to Switch! I've never played the game myself, but it seems like a lot of fun.

Also, was it just me, or did half of the games seem like they were timed exclusives? That doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me, especially for indie games.