Remakes

Chalis

Which of the following would you love to see a remake of?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. See above.

• Gaiden
    • Genealogy of the Holy War
    • Thracia 776
    • Mystery of the Emblem, Book II
    • All of the above
    • No more remakes... Please, no more...
  2. 2. Why?

• Class
    • Plot
    • Development
    • Fun
    • Hard
    • Popularity
    • Been there, done that
    • Other
  3. 3. What would make you change your mind?

• Lol, Marth.
    • Lol, Shadow Dragon.
    • Intelligent Systems NOT taking the hint that we want more character development
    • The EXACT same game with better graphics.
    • Nothing, because I'm happy with whatever I get!
    • Other

No easier way to getting through him at that one place south of Granbell.

Agree. Though I have watch some videos on how people beat him with Mana, Dimna and Finn!Arthur. >_>

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

A remake of FE4 won't happen. There is just too much stuff which NoA dosn't like. If you ask me, the absence of anything Jugdral releated (except for Marths "Leaf" colorswap in Brawl should be a hint to that.

I don't think Nintendo of America has anything to do with whether or not IS decides to remake their games. If NoA doesn't like the content of the game, they could just choose not to localize. Though I don't see why they would do that when they could just CENSOR CENSOR CENSOR.

Since Fire Emblem has made it outside of Japan, I really don't think Nintendo or IS would bother any longer with a game which they can't even sell in NA. That would be a waste of money. Not to mention if they realease a FE only in Japan, they will piss off the fanbase which isn't such a good idea. Granted, not many people in the Zelda fanbase seemed pissed about NoA not realeasing "Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland" but I guess this is a different story.

And if you take into account that NoA already censored stuff like Lyn's age or the slave market in Shadow Dragon, it dosn't look to well for a game involving a holy war, (Jihad and stuff like that), Adultery, some Incest, cousin love which is considered incest in NA and of course underaged underwear wearing dancers and 13-16 years old parents (Dew, just Dew). If they want to censor that, they have a lot to do.

Edited by BrightBow-User

Fire Emblem 2, not just because it keeps things in order, but because I'd like to see what the characters would look like today, and because the gameplay sounds very interesting.

I'd like to try it legitimately. :D

Edited by Sara

There is just too much stuff which NoA dosn't like. If you ask me, the absence of anything Jugdral releated (except for Marths "Leaf" colorswap in Brawl should be a hint to that.

Or maybe it's because there isn't anything from the Jugdral anthology to be seen -_- An absence is a lack of manifested interest, not a guarantee that there's no interest at all.

Suffice to go with your example, Chapter 10's theme is the trial map theme for Souen (FE9), and the arena theme I think was used in one of the GBA games that was localized.

And the arena entrance theme of Sacred Stones contained the prologe map theme of FE4 by the way. I was quite surprised hearing that song there. And the FE5 battle theme was the arena theme of FE7 not the other way arround.

Granted, Jugdral's representation in Brawl might not be good to back up my point. (However there was no reason not have a few stickers or a music remix, I mean they even remixed GAIDEN for the love of god) I am just thinking that a remake of FE4 would cause Nintendo to much trouble for getting too less in return. Of course I am hoping that I am wrong with my pessimism...

Neverthless, If there is a remake, I just don't want to know what NoA would make out of it. It would be a total mess.

Edited by BrightBow-User

And the arena entrance theme of Sacred Stones contained the prologe map theme of FE4 by the way. I was quite surprised hearing that song there. And the FE5 battle theme was the arena theme of FE7 not the other way arround.

And one of Thracia's battle themes have made it into the online matches of New Ankoku (FEDS) too~

Granted, Jugdral's representation in Brawl might not be good to back up my point. (However there was no reason not have a few stickers or a music remix,

There wasn't much reason to have them either :/

I mean they even remixed GAIDEN for the love of god) I am just thinking that a remake of FE4 would cause Nintendo to much trouble for getting too less in return.

Gaiden didn't get much representation, other than two tracks or so in Fuuin for trial maps :/

Neverthless, If there is a remake, I just don't want to know what NoA would make out of it. It would be a total mess.

Translation-wise, yeah. You've seen their product as far as names have done, with 90% made-up and the rest somewhat reliable.

If NoA localized FE4, they could just slap on a T-16 rating or something, and not worry about soccor moms censoring stuff.

They would NEVER do that. Fire Emblem is a Nintendo franchise, and Nintendo takes pride in being 100% family-friendly with thier personal owned franchises.